Feeling lonely again

Thelema

Sighhhhhh

I have nobody to talk to or hang out with

I feel...empty

Anybody feel the same?

TAMPA-BAY

The lonely feeling

Isnt it amazing how we can be surounded by people and still feel lonly. I am never usually physicaly alone but I might as well be because the people around me are just clueless as to what we go thru.

ThatOneGirl

yesss i havent been outta the house almost at all in like 3 wks ehhh thats bad 4 a 16 yr old girl in summer n my mom makes me feel like a total loser 4 it prob not on purpose tho..i havent talked 2 ne1 in so long i was just on the phone w/ my grandma n my voice was all shaky 4rm bein nervous my frekkin grandma!! idk wats happenin 2 me, 4 real i feel SOOOO alone tho like if i dissappeared no1 would even notice.

Thelema

ThatOneGirl said:
yesss i havent been outta the house almost at all in like 3 wks ehhh thats bad 4 a 16 yr old girl in summer n my mom makes me feel like a total loser 4 it prob not on purpose tho..i havent talked 2 ne1 in so long i was just on the phone w/ my grandma n my voice was all shaky 4rm bein nervous my frekkin grandma!! idk wats happenin 2 me, 4 real i feel SOOOO alone tho like if i dissappeared no1 would even notice.

3 weeks isn't so bad. I went all winter once without going outside. During this time I didn't say anything to anybody for weeks on end, besides telling my mom what food to get me. When my friend called me I really almost forgot how to carry on a conversation. It was weird and made me feel like a freak. Don't let it get that bad. Before I dropped out of school I was a talkative person, when I wanted to be, but I'm almost 19 now and I'm still quiet and I know it was because of that time I spent alone

TAMPA-BAY said:
Isnt it amazing how we can be surounded by people and still feel lonly. I am never usually physicaly alone but I might as well be because the people around me are just clueless as to what we go thru.

Yeah there is no understanding. I wouldn't want to be consoled anyway though.

Riptor said:
Thelema said:
Anybody feel the same?

Day in and day out, man. I'm sure if I really wanted to change my situation I could, but lately I just don't have the energy.

Yeah I know that feeling. I feel like I could become something so good but, I feel so sluggish when it comes to actually acting and doing something besides just dreaming

Thelema

I feel like I want to dress in my best clothes, get in my car and just drive. Nowhere to go, just drive. I don't have a car or a license but I've been feeling this way lately.

I'm going to buy a custom dress shirt. I don't have any reason besides it will make me feel good. School is starting tuesday and hopefully I'll get a job too. Then I'll get a car and just drive, fast!

Thelema

cutefluffykitten said:
Im embraced by the touch of solitude...held by demons within...cursed to ever be held in the arms of the man i love...

abomination.....curse to eve...that is me......nadine louise

Did you mean never instead of ever?

recluse

I'm lonely most of the time. Being in company actually increases the feeling of alienation to me because I feel so inferior to people.

peaches22

recluse said:
I'm lonely most of the time. Being in company actually increases the feeling of alienation to me because I feel so inferior to people.
I know how you feel.. I used to love being the center of attention, and loved being around lots of ppl.. and meeting new ppl. But for the past couple of years I have been through so many bad things, like a lot of ppl. It just shuts me down... I find myself looking at ppl and thinking how I don't fit in, I'm not a good person. so on and so on. I used to also suffer from anxiety attacks. which was in result to the negative thinking.

Aggie

Hi All,
I'm lonely and isolated too because I have long term agoraphobia and anxiety.
I can't bear anyone coming to the house when I'm home alone so my isolation is made worse.
Yet I fear being alone at times when my anxiety is high.
It feels as if I'm the centre of attention should anyone call, I don't feel like this when my husband is home as he can take part in the ' entertaining' but it makes me feel very anxious and panicky when alone therefore I avoid all callers when alone, even family has this effect on me.

jellybean

vicious cycle

its a case of not wanting to be around people coz it takes so much out of me but then feeling demented with boredom because Im alone all the time!!!!!!!!! :cry:

Argamemnon

jellybean said:
vicious cycle

its a case of not wanting to be around people coz it takes so much out of me but then feeling demented with boredom because Im alone all the time!!!!!!!!! :cry:
Well said, that's what makes this illness so severe :(

xSleepy

yep, im lonely also. just sitting here trying to chat with whoever i can, but its different when your just talking to someone online instead of in real life.

i need some human interaction, even if we did absolutely nothing. at least id have some company while im doing nothing. or maybe we could play a board game together, like scrabble. that would be nice. or even rock paper scissors. i dont care what we do, just ANYTHING!

Thelema

emmdee said:
Everyone does, Thelema. I just hope that one day, we don't feel so lonely anymore.

Thanks, Emmdee

I still struggle with loneliness, but even a few minutes of socializing can perk me up the whole day, so to speak.

I have the All Star bowling team and a couple of leagues I'm in to give me some socializing. I may only get 1 or two days a week where I'm around other people and thats plenty and theres a cute girl that just got on the All Star team :wink:

Bowling is good for anybody by the way. You don't need to know very much to join a league and theres usually one going all the time for kids from 6-21 and adult leagues.