Feeling Absolutely Exhausted At The End of Day from SA

theoutsider

Does anyone else who has to work in the real world feel completely exhausted by the time the day is over? I find it is so draining even when nothing in particular is going wrong. Just the constant awareness of my anxiety, the "normal" people going about their "normal" lives and seeming to have a great time all around me. The constant worrying that I will say something else that's perceived as strange and the constant avoidance of awkward situations.

I find myself vegging out on the drive home. Sometimes I don't even turn on the music, it's just too draining to listen to the rambling of the DJ's or to search for good music. I make it home and rest up just to go thru the whole thing again! I wonder if this is how it starts with people who just decide to never leave the house at all.

neohorizon

i feel tired too, like i could sleep until the next morning. The worse is hear the coworkers saying that go shopping after work, or have to make dinner to the family, while i cant even concentrate on a movie.

Does anyone else who has to work in the real world feel completely exhausted by the time the day is over? I find it is so draining even when nothing in particular is going wrong. Just the constant awareness of my anxiety, the "normal" people going about their "normal" lives and seeming to have a great time all around me. The constant worrying that I will say something else that's perceived as strange and the constant avoidance of awkward situations.

I find myself vegging out on the drive home. Sometimes I don't even turn on the music, it's just too draining to listen to the rambling of the DJ's or to search for good music. I make it home and rest up just to go thru the whole thing again! I wonder if this is how it starts with people who just decide to never leave the house at all.
Yes. :sad:

A former psychologist of mine once said that she thought Sanguine people had it harder than Introverts, because Sanguine people needed to seek out people to soc ialise with in order to get their batteries recharged. But Introverts could just easily veg out at home alone to charge their batteries.

I totally disagree with her. I think it is worse being an introvert in this world because we have to go out and get our batteries drained everyday to survive in this world, however Sanguine people do not have to stay at home alone - which drains their batteries - to survive in this world.

theoutsider

Yes. :sad:

A former psychologist of mine once said that she thought Sanguine people had it harder than Introverts, because Sanguine people needed to seek out people to soc ialise with in order to get their batteries recharged. But Introverts could just easily veg out at home alone to charge their batteries.

I totally disagree with her. I think it is worse being an introvert in this world because we have to go out and get our batteries drained everyday to survive in this world, however Sanguine people do not have to stay at home alone - which drains their batteries - to survive in this world.

Good point, BlueDays and I agree with you. Sanguine people have a choice whereas we don't! I'd love to be able to choose whether or not I get to have my energy sapped every day but there are responsibilities that have to be taken care of which leave me no choice but to go out in the world.

cowboyup

Yes, I do get that way as well. Oftentimes I feel people (in general) are exhausting to deal with, then that spirals into other aspects such as if I am driving the kids somewhere, drivers outrage me, then that would bleed into, like you said, music for example...it is a seemingly endless and tiring spiral that when you get home, you just want to nosedive into bed. But then there are the 'home' responsibilities. Oh, and lets not forget if one is tired, the insomnia kicks in with your brain's wheels turning about the previous day...endless loop of ick.

Pacific_Loner

Pirate from the North Pole
I think it's normal for introverts to feel very tired after 8 hours of interacting with people. I work 40 to 50 hours a week (because I'm trying to accomplish something, not because I like to work), I share an office with someone (another introvert, luckily) and I usually have people popping in my office every 10-15 mins to ask questions or just do small-talk because, ironically, I'm considered as one of the friendliest people in the place.

The result of this is that I have absolutely no motivation whatsoever to see anyone else after work and during week-ends. I've alienated myself from most of my friends because of that. I have a yearly subscription to the gym but half the time I just exercice in my living room because I don't want to talk to anyone, and the week-end is a constant search for solitude, which isn't easy to find (I live in an apartment building in the city).

For this reason, if you want to survive in your workplace and in this system in general, there is 3 things I would suggest you do:

Lower your anxiety level at work
(Meditation, yoga, B plans that makes it less of a big deal if you get fired, find another source of self-esteem so that you don't care as much what people think of you at work)

Get rid of the toxins that the anxiety relieves in your body while you're in near-panic mode all day long (no wonder you're exhausted by the end of the day)

Take care of your body to make sure it all works properly, so at least you won't be even more tired because you're in bad shape.

I won't start giving you advice on how to do these 2 last things, because internet and the librairies are loaded with information about it.