Fed up with it

I_jailed_me

Didn’t watch the clip, bud (am at work), but I think it is worth pointing out that a reaction is by its very definition an action.

Also, that Relativity is specifically reactive.

Claiming that all things are re-active is actually the most plausible theory upon which the universe is based. In fact, it is the only way we can actually explain anything, on a macro sub-atomic scale at least.

Again, though, I feel like I’m responsible for totally distracting from the initial premise of this thread, so again: I apologise.

I was trying to substantiate a perspective that was meant to offer not only hope, but a great deal of positive enforcement.

I jailed me: interesting poem. I’m not sure it makes a discernable point, and therefore almost presents itself as slightly esoteric riddle, rather than a poem. As well, because of errors in punctuation and an offsetting choice of rhyme scheme at the very end (you go from OPEN to AB on the last verse), I think you distract from the greater beauty of the potential whole.

If you tidied it up a bit with a touch of grammatical diligence and chose to end either the second to last or last line with a different sound then it would excuse the lack of symmetry in measures and present itself as beautiful for precisely the contradiction that makes it so esoteric: ie, it is a riddle about the writer, which is poetry in and of itself.

Potentially gorgeous for that very fact, just needs a quick touch-up, mate.

How is reaction and action the same aren't two the opposite?

About the poetry, We think that thoughts are there inside of us. We think that they are self-generated and spontaneous. What is actually there is what I call a thought-sphere. The thought-sphere is the totality of man's experiences, thoughts, and feelings passed on to us from generation to generation.

Last edited:

aj

may i ask what you have to offer that is worth people forming a relationship with you in order to experience? Are you witty? Kind? Artistic? Sporty? Fashionable? Philosophical? Annalytical?
Dunno. On my last day of work I had loads of people telling me how nice I am. Apparently my sense of humor came out a bit too. Din't make any difference did it.

from your above posting it seems that you want an investment of interest and care, yes? i'm sure there is more to it than that, though? what is it you want, more specifically than company, i mean?

Right now - not much. Someone to send me a message so see how I'm doing. Anything after spending so much energy trying to show some kind of personality.

Yeah I know what you mean. It would feel like whatever in a sense. You'll still feel like you personally accomplished something but there's still something missing.

But isn't this why you're on this site. Like I can honestly say that when someone lists a goal they have reached no matter how mundane, it gives me a shread of hope.

So I do care. Really.
I suppose.

aj

So what might make people like me? Should I just go completely superficial, go to the gym, get a fake tan and blow a load of money on some expensive clothes or something?

Demnos

Hmm… I do like me a nice fake tan.

*laughs*

Except when they leave little orange knee-marks in my bed.

Seriously though, AJ, you seem cool (mainly for the same reason that you think you’re not. That is to say, you don’t think you’re perfect).

Tell us a bit about yourself. If we have something in common and I can get anything of value from you (I don’t mean your wristwatch, but rather the ability to grow my own social/universal perspective in some way through the cultivation of a relationship/conversation with you) then I’d be chuffed to be ‘somebody’ in your life.

Go ahead, shoot. If I like what I see I’ll ask for your email. If I get along swimmingly with you I will eventually invite you down for some good movies a glass of very expensive cognac (drink of choice).

My passions are, “the human condition” (can ya tell?), history, literature (getting my first book finished now), psychology, hoplology, red wine, cognac (as mentioned), martial arts, philosophy and religion (objectively speaking).

Oh, and girls. I really like girls.

*laughs*

Scooter

Hmm… I do like me a nice fake tan.

My passions are, “the human condition” (can ya tell?), history, literature (getting my first book finished now), psychology, hoplology, red wine, cognac (as mentioned), martial arts, philosophy and religion (objectively speaking).

Demnos - What is hoplology?

AJ - it sucks to be lonely, and isnt that the gist of the philosophical babble? Humans are ultimately relational beings, whether we like it or not we do not survive well alone. And I agree with you, what is the point of accomplishments if there is no-one to share them with. They become somewhat hollow on their own.

Demnos

Hoplology is the study of human combative behaviour and performance. Physical technique is a large portion of this, but the psychological and chemical effects are of most personal interest to me.

Scooter

Hoplology is the study of human combative behaviour and performance. Physical technique is a large portion of this, but the psychological and chemical effects are of most personal interest to me.
Do you mean aggressive behaviour?

Demnos

Your question illustrates an interesting point, Scooter. Combat almost always equates to aggression, though not exclusively.

Many Chinese soft/circular martial arts and Japanese Aikido are profound examples of combat without aggression.

Scooter

ahh apologies, I took you out of context. I assumed the underlying foundation of combat was aggression, but that's rather limited of me, of course there are many other aspects

Demnos

no no, not at all. it is a very logical presumption, and the exception to the rule is very rare in the case of the antagonist.

that said, certainly many people who have defended themselves from a robber or an agressor have done so without agression. however, a lack of agression will normally result in a suplimentation of fear, which is never a good ingredient to take into combat.

aj

Christ this is what happens when I go to the pub. I'm doing okay then suddenly I'm sat there like a twat with no idea what everyone's talking about.

aj

I emailed another person from work and also sent something on Facebook. No response at all. I only asked how things are going. What are you supposed to do? If you can't get one person to send you a little message, what's the point? What if you are no value to anyone and they can't even be bothered to answer?

Seriously though, AJ, you seem cool (mainly for the same reason that you think you’re not. That is to say, you don’t think you’re perfect).

Tell us a bit about yourself. If we have something in common and I can get anything of value from you (I don’t mean your wristwatch, but rather the ability to grow my own social/universal perspective in some way through the cultivation of a relationship/conversation with you) then I’d be chuffed to be ‘somebody’ in your life.

Go ahead, shoot. If I like what I see I’ll ask for your email. If I get along swimmingly with you I will eventually invite you down for some good movies a glass of very expensive cognac (drink of choice).

Oh, and girls. I really like girls.

*laughs*

Well... thanks ::(: Motor racing? F1? Planes? Any interest in anything like that?

If you reach a goal you've set yourself, wouldn't it feel hollow if when you sit back down, you realise that you have nobody to talk to about it, and that nobody cares?

I don't know precisely what I would have done if I was 'normal', but they are the little things which most people take for granted. I don't want to change the world. I do not think that 'normal' people have perfect lives, and I know that there are a lot of people who are a hell of a lot worse off than me.

I think the idea is to find the activity and the goal itself innately and intrinsically satisfying. To go back to the state that many people find as children. Wonder at something. I do understand you though. It feels somewhat empty when no one cares and you just can't share it. But keep working on it and you might just find it fun and don't care what others think.

aj

Thing is I could leave on a trip around the world tomorrow and return home after a year, and not one person would know or care. Except for my family of course, and that's only because they are my family.

You don't have to tell everyone everything, but once in a while is nice. It's hard to have any self esteem when nobody cares.

aj

Thing is I'm trying to talk to a few people I knew from work on Facebook... all were so nice to me... but it really is like getting blood out of a stone, it's so hard to get a reply. I am making sure I don't bombard anyone with messages unless you'd say giving them a week to answer was being pushy. What are you meant to do and what does it say about you when people won't even just ask how you're doing? I don't even know what it might be, I'm not that strange, I'm only really shy. If I can't get them to do that then what hope do I have of doing anything else? ::(:

da_illest101

I'm sitting here on the computer. I got up at 12pm and will go to bed about 2am. This is what I do every day. From work I have lots of people who I can talk to. Except they won't talk back to me. I tried and tried and tried to make friends with them. I have a car sat in the driveway but I never go anywhere. It's a big thing if I just take it out and drive around for half an hour. I want to do so much but I have no idea where to start or how I'd survive. I missed being a kid. I missed being a teenager. I'm missing being in my twenties. I should have done so many things but I've done nothing. I don't want to be here any more. ::(:

I have exactly the same problem, there are so many things that i want to do or can do, but sitting in front of a computer is all do ::(:

aj

I wish I had an answer, da illest.

I went out for a drive in the sun in the country today. It was nice. I saw lots of people about. I knew that if I parked up near them I would just shut down and not talk to them because apparently I simply have no idea.

People say that I should join a group or a club. But I know that if I do, the same thing will happen again. Having a common interest from the start would maybe be positive but I've had that at times before and it didn't actually make a difference like you would expect. I've found that in those situations people talk about (and make friends over) anything but what the club is about. Welcome to square one.

Sometimes I think that jumping in at the deep end and joining some people getting drunk and going out at the weekend would give me some confidence.

Sometimes I think that 'being normal' like spending part of a day just wandering around town with some people or seeing a film would give me some confidence.

Sometimes I think that I should try a counsellor or whatever because it might be something in my head which I cannot fix by myself.

Where do I go?

Last edited:

Liberty

Banned
I'm sitting here on the computer. I got up at 12pm and will go to bed about 2am. This is what I do every day. From work I have lots of people who I can talk to. Except they won't talk back to me. I tried and tried and tried to make friends with them. I have a car sat in the driveway but I never go anywhere. It's a big thing if I just take it out and drive around for half an hour. I want to do so much but I have no idea where to start or how I'd survive. I missed being a kid. I missed being a teenager. I'm missing being in my twenties. I should have done so many things but I've done nothing. I don't want to be here any more. ::(:

Wow, what a depressing post. There are always things to be thankful about. Having a job right now is awesome if you live in the U.S.

aj

Well done for having a life which is better than mine. Would you like a medal? For the record although my post was depressing I still think there are many amazing things to see and to out there (a programme was recently on the TV about the solar system, it's ridiculously fascinating) but I don't know how to get out there and do them. Maybe that's my problem, everyone seems to be happy with spending their lives going out on a Friday night while I happen to think that's a bit ****. Maybe I should forget it all and join them.

Last edited:

aj

I am sitting here waiting for someone, anyone to send me a message on Facebook. I have even sent out a few 'hi's to try and help it. 32 people and none of them are talking to me. I do other things while I'm waiting but I'm still waiting. I got up 20 minutes ago at 2pm, so I've successfully missed half of the day that I would be doing this. That's it. That's all I do. Every day. Maybe I could go out into the middle of town but that still wouldn't mean that anyone cared and it would change nothing.