Fed up with it

aj

I'm sitting here on the computer. I got up at 12pm and will go to bed about 2am. This is what I do every day. From work I have lots of people who I can talk to. Except they won't talk back to me. I tried and tried and tried to make friends with them. I have a car sat in the driveway but I never go anywhere. It's a big thing if I just take it out and drive around for half an hour. I want to do so much but I have no idea where to start or how I'd survive. I missed being a kid. I missed being a teenager. I'm missing being in my twenties. I should have done so many things but I've done nothing. I don't want to be here any more. ::(:

Last edited:

I_jailed_me

So what do you think you would have done in case you where not shy? Do you think you would have ruled the world and stayed in a constant state of pleasure and fulfillment?No chance. What exactly do you mean by missed something in your life?

Do you think people who are working dont feel lonely,isolated,craving for being in a group? They are constantly battling to stay in their jobs,groups and all that. There are terrible lifes lived out there that are far worse than shyness! People live unfullfilled lives thats part of how we human beings are, its not your sadness or your depression its the depression of mankind. Even if you do conquer the world you wont be happy trust me, there are only methods to feel fulfilled no solutions, none of them work!

.Edited.

Last edited:

k123dave

Buy a camera and start photography, drive to somewhere in the open and photograph flowers, trees, nature. That would be cool.

The main idea is to keep your mind busy, away from the negative thoughts.

apollo

Buy a camera and start photography, drive to somewhere in the open and photograph flowers, trees, nature. That would be cool.

The main idea is to keep your mind busy, away from the negative thoughts.

Or make a very small list of goals that are attainable. Anything even if it is stupid. Crossing them off might make you feel a bit better. That you accomplished at least something in your 12 to 2 day.

Hang in there man.

I agree with the list idea, it helps a lot to have something concrete that you can look down at and cross off as you accomplish it--even if it's something like, "Walk to the mailbox and get the mail."

I'm sorry you're feeling like this.

Demnos

Science suggests that people don’t really understand how “time” works. I suspect you are guilty of the same. The fact is that we cannot find any empirical evidence that “yesterday” ever actually happened. Hell, me typing the word prior to THIS one may simply be a mental fabrication used to justify my existence in the here-and-now.

The “future” operates under failed assumptions of its own. We either “write it” or it is “set”. Regardless of which is true we live the “present” under the assumption that we “write it” because we understand the consequences of assuming the latter are absolutely fatal, and thereby untenable.

There are 7 different fashions that we can "measure" "time". I shan't get into it here, but trust me, you've made some critically flawed assumptions which have (understandably) caused you a certain degree of anxiety.

All we can be certain of is that “now” exists and that the “past”, at best, exists only for us to navigate our way from the “now” into the “future”.

That is to say, you “remember” that when you went without food you were hungry, therefore you will eat food “now” to stop you being hungry “later”.

Bearing all the above in mind, your “past”, objectively speaking, seems to have armed you with a wealth of information on what “not” to do. Thereby I’d venture to extrapolate that there are very few people in the entire world who are better armed to plan a constructive future than you.

You should be pretty happy about that. No?

Ultimately, everything is about perspective. We chose to be sad when our mother dies (because we’re selfish). We chose to be afraid when somebody threatens us (because we’re ignorant). We chose to be excited at the prospect of adventure (because it grants us the ability to enjoy the one certainty in life, which is, as discussed, the prospect of the “now”).

So, what are you going to do “now” based on all the information that the “past” has armed you with? What are you going to make of your “future” “now”?

Please be aware of the fact that insanity is psychologically, the repetition of an action in the hopes of it producing an altogether different result. So, bearing in mind that you're (hopefully) not insane, you will have to chose to do something OTHER than what you did in your "past" in order to make your "future" constructive.

apollo

Science suggests that people don’t really understand how “time” works. I suspect you are guilty of the same. The fact is that we cannot find any empirical evidence that “yesterday” ever actually happened.

lol you sound like a Pyrrhonian skeptic. Come on that's old. Nothing can be empirically known then? The whole brian in a vat, matrix debate.

It's cause and effect. I drop a glass at time 2 it breaks at time 2.3. What is this shattered glass? hmm must have been the glass I was holding in my hand.

Yesterday did happen.

For instance if you look at the stars. Some of them are actually dead since it takes billions of years for the light to reach us. The past is real.

The problem is that the present is constantly fleeting us. We realize things after the fact all the time.

Demnos

I respect your perspective Apollo (as I do your namesake), but you’re extrapolating.

Empirical facts do exist. For instance “to me, this text appears black.” Because I defined the perspective, the tense and the object of scrutiny there is no debate as to the empirical nature of that certainty.

In relation to your extrapolation regarding the cosmos, which pinions on the implimentation (that I tend to agree with for lack of a better alternative) of Einstein’s theory of Basic Relativity, it falls down at the same point as all other extrapolations of that nature:

We cannot conceive what happened prior to the Big Bang, or even at the instant of the Big Bang, thereby the presumption (as opposed to the assumption) that “yesterday” consisted of “x” and therefore “today” consists of “y” is based on the evidence supplied by an unfinished theory. That is to say, if we don’t know how it began we cannot deduce what happened directly after as a result of its beginning. We can only assume.

To be fair though, you’re guilty more explicitly of using the perspective of entropic-time to argue that relative-time exists at all, which, in and of itself, is totally unarguable from that vantage.

Demnos

Incidentally, there is an entire philosophical appendage that is devoted to this very debate, so you’re not going to convince me that the point isn’t fluid and well groomed, Apollo (with the greatest respect).

That said, that isn’t the point of the missive I posted, nor is it the point of this thread. Though I would be happy to continue this debate with you elsewhere, Apollo, as I do love philosophy (you may have noticed).

I apologise if my own point has become entangled in this debate. My point is as simple as this:

Don’t worry about yesterday, for all we know it didn’t even happen, and we should consider this fact liberating because it allows us to learn from what we remember without being overcome by it, and to make the most of tomorrow based on the knowledge that we are privy to concerning the lessons we learned yesterday.

Case in point: we cannot change yesterday, but it carries the gift of providing us with a basis on which we can make decisions for tomorrow. Therefore our “dissatisfaction” with yesterday is precisely the advantage you have over the rest of the world.

Your perceived weakness is your greatest advantage.

apollo

I respect your perspective Apollo (as I do your namesake), but you’re extrapolating.

Empirical facts do exist. For instance “to me, this text appears black.” Because I defined the perspective, the tense and the object of scrutiny there is no debate as to the empirical nature of that certainty.

In relation to your extrapolation regarding the cosmos, which pinions on the implimentation (that I tend to agree with for lack of a better alternative) of Einstein’s theory of Basic Relativity, it falls down at the same point as all other extrapolations of that nature:

We cannot conceive what happened prior to the Big Bang, or even at the instant of the Big Bang, thereby the presumption (as opposed to the assumption) that “yesterday” consisted of “x” and therefore “today” consists of “y” is based on the evidence supplied by an unfinished theory. That is to say, if we don’t know how it began we cannot deduce what happened directly after as a result of its beginning. We can only assume.

To be fair though, you’re guilty more explicitly of using the perspective of entropic-time to argue that relative-time exists at all, which, in and of itself, is totally unarguable from that vantage.

Thank you Demnos (is that in reference to the quest of the staff of demnos?)
(and I don't capitalize apollo for a reason, I am far from him) lol :)

You are well versed in metaphysics.

And I think I agree with what you say. My question is if your overarching argument consists of the fact that the human mind can only perceive or understand things in cause and effect relations. (x then we assume y argument you proposed for instance) Thus we cannot understand such 'larger' concepts as the 'cause' of the Big Bang???

And regarding entropy, is it not a law of thermodynamics which involves energy and movement. I am not sure how it cannot be applicable to Einstein's relative-time. Perhaps you can explain more. Marbe not on this thread though.

apollo

Incidentally, there is an entire philosophical appendage that is devoted to this very debate, so you’re not going to convince me that the point isn’t fluid and well groomed, Apollo (with the greatest respect).

That said, that isn’t the point of the missive I posted, nor is it the point of this thread. Though I would be happy to continue this debate with you elsewhere, Apollo, as I do love philosophy (you may have noticed).

I apologise if my own point has become entangled in this debate. My point is as simple as this:

Don’t worry about yesterday, for all we know it didn’t even happen, and we should consider this fact liberating because it allows us to learn from what we remember without being overcome by it, and to make the most of tomorrow based on the knowledge that we are privy to concerning the lessons we learned yesterday.

Case in point: we cannot change yesterday, but it carries the gift of providing us with a basis on which we can make decisions for tomorrow. Therefore our “dissatisfaction” with yesterday is precisely the advantage you have over the rest of the world.

Your perceived weakness is your greatest advantage.

This latter point makes more sense to me

thanks

Demnos

*grins*

i like you, dude.

wish you lived in England, mate. far too few philosophers over on my side of the pond. trust.

aj

If you reach a goal you've set yourself, wouldn't it feel hollow if when you sit back down, you realise that you have nobody to talk to about it, and that nobody cares?

I don't know precisely what I would have done if I was 'normal', but they are the little things which most people take for granted. I don't want to change the world. I do not think that 'normal' people have perfect lives, and I know that there are a lot of people who are a hell of a lot worse off than me.

Demnos

AJ,

may i ask what you have to offer that is worth people forming a relationship with you in order to experience? Are you witty? Kind? Artistic? Sporty? Fashionable? Philosophical? Annalytical?

the fact is that people who desire those things tend to gravitate towards certain venues and obey certain social trends.

of course, the crux of this matter is two-fold. the first is what you have to offer, and the second is what you WANT.

so what do you WANT from people? from your above posting it seems that you want an investment of interest and care, yes? i'm sure there is more to it than that, though? what is it you want, more specifically than company, i mean?

all relationships are about give and take. relationships break down when one party stops giving.

nes pas?

apollo

If you reach a goal you've set yourself, wouldn't it feel hollow if when you sit back down, you realise that you have nobody to talk to about it, and that nobody cares?
Yeah I know what you mean. It would feel like whatever in a sense. You'll still feel like you personally accomplished something but there's still something missing.

But isn't this why you're on this site. Like I can honestly say that when someone lists a goal they have reached no matter how mundane, it gives me a shread of hope.

So I do care. Really.

I_jailed_me

So no one liked my poetry?!! Does it mean you think your better than me or you did not understand?! :rolleyes:

Anyways if your interested in philosophy or just finding out the truth then what do people think of this man statement? It starts from 2:40sec.. He claims there is no action in the universe everything are just reactions, can anyone prove he is wrong and there are pure or spontaneous actions? If so he has destroyed every theory including relativity!

YouTube - No Such Thing As an Unconditioned Mind

apollo

I agree, i think i will take up poetry? I wrote a small bit last year on how we are brainwashed to be who we are either by society or circumstances! We suffer because of our repeative thoughts but without them who am i?

To whom does these words belong.
Not me, not to thee, nor not to anyone that be.

I am not the one that speaks, nor the one that seeks.
I am not of any beloveds own, nor of the earths sweet furn.

There is none like me, not now or ever to be.
Just words go on by, nay they are not of me.

Yes I did like your poem. K.S.

I get the whole where are these thoughts from vibe. :)

I_jailed_me

Thanks but what does K.S stand for?

I think i will start a thread on discussing U.G.Krishnamurtis statement!

Demnos

Didn’t watch the clip, bud (am at work), but I think it is worth pointing out that a reaction is by its very definition an action.

Also, that Relativity is specifically reactive.

Claiming that all things are re-active is actually the most plausible theory upon which the universe is based. In fact, it is the only way we can actually explain anything, on a macro sub-atomic scale at least.

Again, though, I feel like I’m responsible for totally distracting from the initial premise of this thread, so again: I apologise.

I was trying to substantiate a perspective that was meant to offer not only hope, but a great deal of positive enforcement.

I jailed me: interesting poem. I’m not sure it makes a discernable point, and therefore almost presents itself as slightly esoteric riddle, rather than a poem. As well, because of errors in punctuation and an offsetting choice of rhyme scheme at the very end (you go from OPEN to AB on the last verse), I think you distract from the greater beauty of the potential whole.

If you tidied it up a bit with a touch of grammatical diligence and chose to end either the second to last or last line with a different sound then it would excuse the lack of symmetry in measures and present itself as beautiful for precisely the contradiction that makes it so esoteric: ie, it is a riddle about the writer, which is poetry in and of itself.

Potentially gorgeous for that very fact, just needs a quick touch-up, mate.

Last edited: