Fear of someone you love passing away

Last night I had a very emotional dream that my mom passed away in a hotel that I booked for her as a vacation. I fell apart and I'd burst into tears every time. I literally could not come to peace with it. I went back to that hotel room to pick up some of her stuff and I saw her ghost, I run quickly towards her and hugged her with tears rolling down my eyes. I didn't care if it was hallucination, but she seemed so real, I could feel her, touch her, smell her, talk to her. She said she came to me because she knew I can't come to peace at her death and she wants to help me move on. So I spent the entire day in that hotel room with her cuddling her and talking about anything; what is it like dying, what is it like in the afterlife, and how much I missed her. I started coming to that hotel room regularly, and my psychiatrist requested the hotel not to reserve that room for anyone just to help me move on. I was ecstatic talking to my psychiatrist how I could see my mother again in that room and talk to her. She thought I was crazy but it was helping me not fall apart. However, one day I come there with a gift in my hand and I don't see her. I started freaking out, searching everywhere in that room. Yelling, screaming, "Mom, where are you?" I slump in a corner and I begin crying all over again. I woke up from that dream with tears in my eyes, and I'm still crying until now.

These kinds of dreams recur to me a lot. I have a fear of someone I love being taken away from me or passing away or being hurt. I don't want to think about it because when I do it's really painful, and I never stop crying. Does anyone else feel the same way?

FountainandFairfax

in a VAN down by the RIVER
Yeah, I have dreams about my mother dying too, mostly I think because I was such an idiot when I was younger and because she's married to an a55hole now and my grown brother is living in her house with them too driving her crazy.

It's like she's never going to catch a break and I'm scared to death that something's going to happen to her before she ever gets a moment's peace.

cappatown420

I never have dreams of family dying, although I have had dreams about my dead father.

If I dream about family, it's always them trying to kill/hurt me. But yes it is very upsetting and I wake up crying and spend the day crying usually even though it's not real.

Kiwong

My mum died in 1986 my dad died in 2010. I often dream I am home with them, that they are still here, which is comforting.

lily

These kinds of dreams recur to me a lot. I have a fear of someone I love being taken away from me or passing away or being hurt. I don't want to think about it because when I do it's really painful, and I never stop crying. Does anyone else feel the same way?
I've had dreams about my dad passing away and i would wake up crying. Now i just put the effort to visit him as much as possible.