Family and Social Anxiety.

fairydustxmagic

I couldn't go to father's day with my grandpa, my aunt and uncle, my cousin ben and my grandmother because of how bad my anxiety is. It sucks so bad that I can't even be comfortable with my own family. Are there anyone else out there that feels the same way? I've been with my family for 19 years (That's how old I am) and I can't be comfortable. I can't even talk to my own cousins. I mean I can talk to my aunts and uncles when they come up to me but other than that I also hate it. I much rather be a hermit crab and crawl up in my shell in the corner and be alone. But I try to get out and talk to my family sometimes becuase I love them and they mean the world to me. Well, thats all I had to say. Thanks for reading this.

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
Yeah, I can relate, I don't think I've been truly comfortable around any of my family. Well except one of my cousins but he stop talking to me for no reason four year ago, we've not spoken to each other since. Since then I've become very withdrawn. Also I haven't said a single word to my dad since I met him again five years ago, I had little contact with him during my childhood. What do you said to someone who hasn't really been a part of life as far as your concerned?

fairydustxmagic

I dont know. My dad had not little contact when he was foreced in my childhood. And then I started talking to him last year when I landed myself in the hospital but now I am fine and i am not talking to him i guess ill leave him alone he wants nothing to do with me or so it feels like it. Or hed call me right?

bleach

Banned
I am probably most anxious around my family. They are the most maliciously critical people i know.

lyricalliaisons

I'm the same way. I'm 26 & I haven't been to a Christmas, Thanksgiving, birthday, 4th of July, or anything for years. Since I was a kid. I just get too anxious & scared. I know that's ridiculous, but I can't help it. I'm even that way with my dad & his wife. The only person I'm comfortable around is my mom. A lot of the members of my family are very close. She goes to family functions probably 10 times a year, & each time, I stay home, alone (we live together). It's especially bad starting around this time of year with Thanksgiving, Christmas, etc. coming up. I know I'll spend the time alone & I hate it.

Kathryn

I feel that way too, especially since my family gossips about you almost as soon as you leave the room