Eye Contact?

OH GOSH! I'm so horrible with eye contact! I can remind myself to make eye contact, but when I actually do make eye contact I feel awkward and must avert my eyes. I was rearended once in my old car, and because I didn't make eye contact the cop thought I was on drugs! I explained, "it's hard for me, I have really bad social anxiety" but he made sure to clarify that fact with my parents before letting me go. (For the record, I was NOT on drugs lol)

Lone-Wolf

OH GOSH! I'm so horrible with eye contact! I can remind myself to make eye contact, but when I actually do make eye contact I feel awkward and must avert my eyes. I was rearended once in my old car, and because I didn't make eye contact the cop thought I was on drugs! I explained, "it's hard for me, I have really bad social anxiety" but he made sure to clarify that fact with my parents before letting me go. (For the record, I was NOT on drugs lol)

Lol at the story Forgetmenot_ak, but it's the same for me too! Except for me it kinda burns for some reason.....

becc

Sometimes I find it helps to look at people between their eyebrows. It looks like I am looking them in the eye, but its far less intimidating.

fedupoffear88

I can very well make eye contact when i'm talkin to someone, only sometimes i feel uncomfortable when i've met the person for the first time...But for strangers, hell no, i just can't really do it. And if i will, i wud feel very nervous.

veggielover

Eye contact is pretty hard for me with people that I don't know. At my job for example, I'm standing around waiting for customers all day.....and I never know if I should make eye contact with them when they approach the store. I guess that makes me a pretty bad sales rep!! I have some days where I do feel really confident though and I talk to almost every customer that walks by, but other days I just feel like I'm in a really awkward position. Also, there's this guy I'm kinda friends with who works at a store nearby me (we work in the food court of our mall) and I can see his store from my stand. So, sometimes I'll look over and make eye contact with him accidentally and it makes me feel really awkward and I try not to look back for the rest of the time, cause I don't know what else would happen...hmm. I need to work on this eye contact thing.

I can't look to the eyes. Sometimes I know I need to look to the eyes and I'm thinking about eye contact instead of focusing on other persons talk. Never tried to look to the eyebrows because I always forget to try that, I feel anxiuos when talking to people so I always forget to do stuff like that. I know a lot of things but when I have to do them I forget everything I have learned.

Jannah

Banned
When I speak to people I can make good eye contact. If I'm the one that's speaking then sometimes I look away only because I'm thinking about what I'm saying not because they intimidate me. But when I go out I avoid eye contact with strangers, or basically anyone if I'm not speaking with them or listening to them.

satstrn

yeah, me too big time, lots of people prolly have eye contact issues with strangers though, we should try smiling!! easier said than done right :/ i saw this one jamaican dude the other day at this concert and he got three outta three girls to smile at him just wit his eye contact/smile....one girl touched him and smiled as he walked by and another talked to him! it was unbelievably impressive, just shows what potential there is out there...he wasnt that attractive of a guy either (though as a dude my judgment is off)

Lone-Wolf

yeah, me too big time, lots of people prolly have eye contact issues with strangers though, we should try smiling!! easier said than done right :/ i saw this one jamaican dude the other day at this concert and he got three outta three girls to smile at him just wit his eye contact/smile....one girl touched him and smiled as he walked by and another talked to him! it was unbelievably impressive, just shows what potential there is out there...he wasnt that attractive of a guy either (though as a dude my judgment is off)

lol
yeah but smiling for me would be SUPER hard :/ At least I think so. I'd feel ackward.

recluse

I know it sounds strange but i often have more trouble keeping eye contact with my parents and sister. I feel unworthy to look them in the eye, i feel that they are ashamed of me o'r something.

NothingElseMatters

sometimes i even stare too much.it looks aggresive.kind of a shield for me to do that cause i force the other person to look away but i look unfriendly.

satstrn

i bet people who make A LOT of eye contact with strangers have more awkward moments than any of us do...even if theyre confident...theyre just more able to brush it off because they also have a lot more smooth ones...i read somewhere that the true players are also the ones that get rejected the most...the more chances they take, the more good AND bad they get