Eye Contact?

Once upon an Oven

I used to think I had a problem with keeping eye contact. I think it got especially worse when I kept reading on here how so many people had a problem with it. Me worrying about it probably only made it weirder. One day though, someone told me I kept good eye contact, which was sort of strange. I guess it was a good comment though because I stopped worrying about it, and realized I didn't actually have any problem with it. Now, I like never think about it, and it doesn't bother me.

I just hope no one else on here starts to think that their eye contact sucks just because they're like "Oh yeah I haven't really thought about it before, but I bet I have a problem with that too". I'm not talking about those of you who already know it's bad or have difficulties already, I mean people who aren't sure, or want to try to convince themselves they too. Thinking about it too much surely only makes it worse, so if you haven't thought about it - Don't! One less thing to worry about.

Noca

Banned
I'm much better with eye contact ever since I did my 14 weeks of 1on1 CBT exposure therapy. I hope to complete my training and rid myself of SA for good eventually.

Rainbows18

My eye contact isnt that great, i try my best to look people in the eyes, but the more i try the more awkward i feel, especially if i think they notice that i'm nervous.

JennaB

Eye contact is soo hard. Especially in a group and everyone is talking at once and I do not know where to look and I just want to hide. I always concentrate too much on eye contact that I don't really pay attention to the other person. It's pure torture when you talk to someone who will not shut up. Kind of feels like my eye balls will fall out or burn. And I always obsess over where my eyes should be, when do I blink, look away, do my eyes look "buggy". Sometimes I'll fidget too which looks like I'm not even saying attention. It's just awkward!