Experiences With Natural Options..

Lavinialuna

I wanted to start a thread about my experiences with natural remedies and ask others if they have tried any and if they could share their experiences.

I developed severe social anxiety in adulthood over a period of 5 years and believe that there could be a physical medical reason for some of my symptoms.
My anxiety seemed to walk hand in hand with severe acid reflux, diarrhea and severe stomach issues, dramatic weight loss and thyroid fluctuations, not to mention a pregnancy, so fluctuating hormones could have also played a role. I have an autoimmune disease and chronic pain. I have suffered low iron and gastritis, slowly growing more deficient in vitamins and so I am ever seeking the remedy for what my body is trying to tell me.
I started with a large dose of vitamin D. This almost completely erased my depression. For me, it was astonishing how much of a difference D made for me. I live in the North so I don't get nearly enough sun.
I started taking magnesium months ago, and I noticed a difference in my anxiety level. The effect wasn't as impressive as with the D, but I saw some improvement.
I tried Valerian and Skull Cap for anxiety with no positive effects.
I did some research about parasites and how one of the symptoms of parasites is anxiety, depression and even other mental illness symptoms. I started taking diatemaceous earth about a month or more ago to kill parasites and yeast. I think I notice an actual difference in my wellness level. I have been relieved of most of the dread (the feeling that something is wrong, that something bad is about to happen...ALL THE TIME) I have noticed a real decrease in general anxiety. I am not without symptoms, but I am improved.
With the diatematious earth I am also taking 1 T. of apple cider vinegar.
I did some research further and read about pyroluria and mental illness, and how low levels of B6 and zinc are the result which can cause severe mental symptoms. For about 2 weeks I have been taking supplements for this.
Over all I can say it has made a difference in decreasing my anxiety level and I sleep much better at night. I have been taking ambien for sleep for 9 years (at one point I was taking 2 pills a night) and have weened myself down to 3/4 of a pill, and sleeping fine. My goal is to be done with them for good eventually.
I also noticed some weight loss and a much improved stomach. I will keep anyone interested posted on success and failure.

I would love to hear anyone else's experiences, please share your wealth of knowledge :)

Last edited:

Odo

Banned
I tried capsules with lavender and ashwagandha... it seemed to work rather well.

Pacific_Loner

Pirate from the North Pole
Yeah I think this is definitely the way to go... But I've said it so many times before that I feel like I'm repeating myself... Here's a brief summary anyway

As you do, I take vitamin D in the winter and I got a solar lamp which is helpful. I also made my share of research about parasits, which lead me to change my entire diet to stop the growth of bacterias, and the disappearance of the stomach pain that followed pushed me towards a more active life style, which I think made my body more efficient in terms of nutrient absorption and brain functions. My overall health became so much better than I almost stopped being sick. I don't remember the last time I was. I'm rarely, rarely depressed anymore.

Basically I went from this :sad: to this :)

What I did involved a lot of research because no doctor will explain these things to you (not good for business). But I'm always happy when I see other people going that way, so good for you, really. If you want more info, you can pm me.

Lavinialuna

How much Vitamin D are you taking?

When it was first prescribed my Dr. gave me 50,000 IU once a week. Then I read that D3 was better for you than regular D so I started taking it over the counter. I take 1000 a day in the summer, but in the winter will sometimes take 2000.

Pacific_Loner

Pirate from the North Pole
The site is so vast and I'm relatively new, I feel bad that some of these topics have been touched on already- but I appreciate the re-cap! I'll have to dig deep for previous stories :)

Don't worry about it, it's not so much that there has been threads about it (though there is) but the fact that repeating "diet exercise and sunshine!" over and over makes me feel very annoying so I try to shut up

GraybeardGhost

When it was first prescribed my Dr. gave me 50,000 IU once a week. Then I read that D3 was better for you than regular D so I started taking it over the counter. I take 1000 a day in the summer, but in the winter will sometimes take 2000.

I've been taking D3 for several months now (5000 IU per day) on the advice of a friend who told me it was a natural antidepressant. It seemed to make a difference at first—improvements in mood, energy, enthusiasm—but lately things have slid back to where they were or even worse: no energy, no enthusiasm, no hope. I can get a few things done in the morning usually, but by early afternoon my eyes are drooping and my body feels like lead. I can no longer function as a human being, and when the weight gets piled on like it is now—more so than I can possibly handle—I really feel like killing myself is the only solution. I have obligations I must fulfill, I have to go out and do stuff, but I can't. I'm too sick, I'm too tired, and it's just too goddamned much. :crying:

Lavinialuna

I've been taking D3 for several months now (5000 IU per day) on the advice of a friend who told me it was a natural antidepressant. It seemed to make a difference at first—improvements in mood, energy, enthusiasm—but lately things have slid back to where they were or even worse: no energy, no enthusiasm, no hope. I can get a few things done in the morning usually, but by early afternoon my eyes are drooping and my body feels like lead. I can no longer function as a human being, and when the weight gets piled on like it is now—more so than I can possibly handle—I really feel like killing myself is the only solution. I have obligations I must fulfill, I have to go out and do stuff, but I can't. I'm too sick, I'm too tired, and it's just too goddamned much. :crying:

I had a lot of physical issues caused by food sensitivities. I never would have believed that simply eating something could adversely effect my body and mind, but it was the fact. Maybe you can try to take a period of time where you let your body rest and see if you feel any better. Stick to rice and cooked vegetables, broth is excellent for you but it has to be real, not from a can or mix (too many chemicals.) My allergy was MSG and all free glutamic acid (autolyzed yeast, etc..) When I eliminated it from my diet things got a lot better.
Now I can't say for sure that is what is going on with you, but it's worth a try. It's always worth a try. Hang int here, keep trying! Killing yourself isn't the solution.

Lavinialuna

Just wanted to post an update about what I've been trying in case anyone is interested, and I think I have some success, although I will need more time to be able to give you a definitive answer.
I have been taking 2 T. diatemaceous earth with 1T. of apple cider vinegar (said to kill parasites and candida). I am also taking a B complex, D3, Magnesium, acidophilus, zinc and a multivitamin. I have had a great reduction in anxiety since I started a couple months ago, especially the type where I feel continual dread without cause. I will be continuing and periodically update in case this information is useful to anyone now or in the future.