Ever felt NOT good enough for anyone?`

Liesha27

Have you guys ever felt like because you were different that people have always been ashamed of you? Have you ever felt like NO one will like you? Have you ever felt like based on your life experience with others that you may not be good enough for anyone?

I have felt all those feelings. I am never good enough for anyone. I just don't want to live anymore. I will never be good enough. If I do find someone, I probably won't be able to handle it,.

anomicdeer

All the time.

I think I'm boring and have nothing interesting to talk about... if I do talk about something.
I think everyone is better than me.

Last edited:

Rodox

Probably everybody here who really have a problem,thats one of my biggest problems,thats why I avoid some people,I know I couldnt handle interaction with them.

Kinetik

Well I'm learning that I'm more of a schizoid than anything else, which kind of makes sense, because I don't long for friendships and closeness the way others on this forum seem to. I've never had a problem becoming friends with people, or getting a girlfriend, but ultimately I always ended up feeling irritated and bored of them, so in most instances I stopped having contact with them of my own volition. I mentioned this point to someone I PM'ed with recently - that society doesn't reject me, I reject society. It seems to me that unless an interaction is a hundred percent on my terms, I'm just not interested. I'm realistic enough to know that friendships can't form that way, and I don't expect them to. So I've never really had a problem with being alone and burning bridges as needed.

Aside from that, I do still experience the anxiety that comes with being involved in any sort of social situation so I try to dodge them wherever possible. But I'm kind of elitist with that isolationism. I'm quite content to lock myself away for any given time and not deal with anyone. I don't sit around wishing I had legions of friends or something to do. It's as if my life mission is to kill time, which seems like an unbelievable waste, but I'm strangely okay with the status quo nonetheless.

Last edited:

Illusions

I've definitely felt inadequate and not good enough for certain people before, which led to me avoiding them. It's not at all rare amongst SAers.

Anyway, to Liesha27, don't be so hard on yourself. You probably don't give yourself the credit you deserve.

Last edited:

Flowers-Of-Bloom

Have you guys ever felt like because you were different that people have always been ashamed of you? Have you ever felt like NO one will like you? Have you ever felt like based on your life experience with others that you may not be good enough for anyone?

Yes.

Well I'm learning that I'm more of a schizoid than anything else, which kind of makes sense, because I don't long for friendships and closeness the way others on this forum seem to.

And yes. I think I'm stuck somewhere in the middle of Avoidant and Schizoid. Rarely do I feel lonely, or yearn for friendship.

BlackKids

Yes pretty much all the time. I suppose it comes from the fact i haven't have a meaningful relationship with anybody for such a long time (not counting my family). Low self esteem certainly doesn't help too.

faithnomore

Banned
I feel like this alot. I have never had a relationship, so it makes me feel unwanted.

If i am around groups of people, i feel like i am too lame (not cool enough) to hang around with them.

WelshOne

Yeah I feel pretty much inferior to guys, because of my lack of experience with girls and life in general. And I feel like I'm not good enough to be with any women because I'm fugly, boring and (again) inexperienced.

Cynic

All the time.

thor01

Yes I always feel like this, and feel like I just can't compete with everyone else.

Last edited:

fedupoffear88

I've got a wierd problem...
I don't feel like that, i actually start conversations and ppl r interested in me and i talk alot too. But for some reason i always am extremely self conscious and as a result become very nervous. And in front of girls, i always feel like i don't look good enough. Sometimes i get so much confidence that i'm the one who starts relationships between other ppl, like i wud help one of mah friends hook up with a girl, etc. But yet i'm always very self conscious when it comes to me.:eek:

FOR REAL

Banned
when i did have girlfriends (ages ago), i didnt feel comfortable around them and i wondered why they were with me, so now i avoid the whole relationship thing.