Ever dislike a quote?

Quiet Angel

"Live every day as though it were your last."

Does anyone else hate this quote? Anyone without a social phobia would either appreciate it or be indifferent to it. :mad: Rawr. It makes sense & I try to follow that quote by engaging myself with relaxing activities, but socially, it's futile. Everytime I hear it, I feel as though my life is being wasted, even though I've still had valuable experiences... *sigh* Argh.

lol Yes I hate this quote along with all the other cliche quotes:

Just be Yourself
Don't worry, be happy
Everything Happens for a reason

I know there are others but they don't come to mind at the moment lol

Dudley

"When life gives you lemons, make lemonade"

This was the motto for my graduating class. I took offense because I thought it implied I was a lemon!::p:

Harleyq

Cliches get on my nerves so quickly. I think love quotes in general annoy me the most.

Emily_G

"Live every day as though it were your last."

Does anyone else hate this quote? Anyone without a social phobia would either appreciate it or be indifferent to it. :mad: Rawr. It makes sense & I try to follow that quote by engaging myself with relaxing activities, but socially, it's futile. Everytime I hear it, I feel as though my life is being wasted, even though I've still had valuable experiences... *sigh* Argh.

Yeah I hate that quote. It doesn't make any sense. Most people would either spend all their money seeing/doing everything they ever wanted or spend all day in a curled up ball surrounded by their loved ones crying their eyes out.

Neither of which sound like a great day to me......

MothMan

yeah quotes like this bug me too. even bumper stickers make me mad because of how stupid they sound with just a non-sequitur blurb. I was talking with someone and they made a good point that these statements are only to make a person think and not actually be statement of fact or the last word, but I just can't understand how a person can get the whole message with the one sentence prompt.

PennyLane

"ts not the winning that counts but the taking part" - so what about if you can't even take part :D

I like the deterministic stuff:

"There are no answers only choices" -- Stanislaw Lem, Solaris (movie/novell)

divethruhaze

there are quite a lot that i dislike, and some people on my facebook post such BS everyday and to top it off, they make grammar errors in them.

JCS008

It depends on my mood. If I'm in a good mood, it normally doesn't matter. But sometimes it just gets to me.

I hate when people do something wrong or are rude, and they rationalize it with: "Its just the way I am."

I know I'm guilty of doing the same in the past, but that quote just reeks of unaccountablity for your actions and is just plain irresponsible.

Lonelykitsune

yep,that and "tomorrow is promised to no-one".makes me feel like ive wasted my life(which i have) but i dont like being reminded about it.and quotes about love and school,what a load of crap.

Noca

Banned
"It takes two to make a fight" No, it takes one person to abuse and one person to get abused.