Eurovision song contest

worrywort

haha! yea probably! if not tonight, then I'll prob catch it on iplayer sometime. I quite enjoy it actually. The music is usually pretty naff, which is a shame really. Wouldn't it be awesome if there were some genuinely great songs by some brilliant artists? How about;

Bjork [Iceland] vs Radiohead [UK] vs Daft Punk [France] vs The Hives [Sweden] vs.....hmm can't think of anymore.....but it could be so much better. But still, tis fun to watch. I like watching things that I know lots of people around the world are also watching at the same time. Kinda makes the world feel like not such a big place.

p.s. I wonder what europeans really think of the UK?! Is it politcal or are we really deserving of our low scores?! ;)

Bloir

worrywort i think at least other countries have not songs as ridiculous like my country, Spain...because our today artist is a good musician but the song is silly
Lucia is a good musician and she goes to sing something stupid, it is my opinion, sorry if someone is offended

And yes, if those singers could go to the show...other thing would be

But it is true, it is bussiness and it is not important to the music

Mokkat

why is the french song a bookmaker favorite? My first reaction when hearing it was "this is good music, but terrible pop"

MrJones

haha, We're now the 3th worst contestants. Maybe we should send again Rodolfo Chiquilicuatre (portrayed by humorist David Fernandez):

file-14562-1-1-300xXx80.jpg

Because it's better when you admit Eurovision is just a joke

MrJones

Russia and Turkey are both part European and part Asian.

Other countries like Azerbaijan, Armenia and Georgia are considered Transcaucausia (to the degree that the countries of the Caucasus region are considered European, they would all be Eastern European in the physical geographic, political and cultural sense).

I don't know what to say about Israel, but they're also considered Europeans in sports as they were excluded from Asian competitions due to Arab pressure and UEFA admitted them in the European leagues.