Ets

Today i went to see a doctor not my usual doctor because i wanted a second a opinion being a guy i have a male doctor but this time i asked to see a female doctor, i started the conversation saying the reason im here is because i want a second opinion on my sweaty hands :eek:mg:

she was quite nice to me about it, i explained ive tried everything shes referred me to a dermatologist and the conversation was about ets i know its drastic but i cant bare having this and to be honest, i know there's been horror story's about ets but ive got to atleast do something.

what im worried about is if i do have it done will i wake up i heard they deflate the lung that seems kinda scary :crying:

HHDisturbed

They actually must collapse each lung individually to access the sympathetic nerve on either side of the spinal cord.

Now sing along..."Old MacDonald sweat a lot, ET ETS"

Slipperywhenwet

Hello
I'm new to this site but hope I can be of some assistance?
Please be patient if I make errors or spell words incorrectly.
What is important is that I have come to shed some light on ETS.
I had a sympathectomy removal of the stellate ganglions.
I had extremely sweaty hands, and slightly sweaty feet.

After the operation, there was cessation of sweat for four years.
Then my true nightmare began and my life changed.

I experienced the most excessive amount of sweat from
My feet and groin area. I cannot express how socially
Stigmatising this was.

I would sweat at least a litre of water from my feet and excessive
Sweat from my perineal area. We all are aware that various parts of
The body has different smells.

I refused to give in, I worked in the city and would
Take change of clothes, soaks and shoes.
Work colleagues were generally unsympathetic.

They had no true understanding of hyperhydrosis.
The made my life a living nightmare but it only made me stronger.

I tried everything from Botox to Glycoplorate.. Trust
Me I've been there.
My case was one of the most severe that senior dermatologists
had seen in a patient.
It really affected my confidence, people at work slyly referred to me as "nasty". Even though
I bathed more than the whole lot of them.

Ok.. ETS.. Def NO.. It shattered my life. But I picked up the pieces
and never ever succumbed to societies connotations of who I was.
I can tell you that I purchased an idrostar a few years back
And I used it a few times but felt uncomfortable with the
Tingling feeling it gave me. As the hot weather us back I was slipping over my own sweat (yet again).

I have actually followed the manual and guess what.. Sweat free it's been 4 weeks.
I attended sports days yesterday in heat up to 30 degrees and
I enjoyed wearing pretty sandals which I could never
Wear before. No sweat. Will top up today as I have
Another social event.

It sounds crazy me saying I'm going to social events
Because due to the excessive sweating I shy'ed away
From people and events as I never knew when the flood would start.

I do sweat more around my stomach when exercising now and when I wake
Up my back is sweaty but I can enjoy life after all these years.

Please please do not do ETS ... I hope I have been of some assistance?

Sprawling

Hello
I'm new to this site but hope I can be of some assistance?
Please be patient if I make errors or spell words incorrectly.
What is important is that I have come to shed some light on ETS.
I had a sympathectomy removal of the stellate ganglions.
I had extremely sweaty hands, and slightly sweaty feet.

Thank you so much for describing what you have been going through after ETS. It just goes to show, that after 4 years, everything got worse. Anybody who currently says it was successful after a few months are not seeing the big picture. Obviously it can be several years before the nightmare begins.

Glad to hear that ionto is giving you some relief. You must be in total bliss being able to wear sandals.

Slipperywhenwet

Thank you for your very kind words. My heart reaches out to all because I fully am aware of the stigma attached to excessive sweating. I wish I had spoken to some before going through this dreadful operation. But hey, I just do not want anyone else to succumb to what I have experienced (worst nightmare)
Please do contact me if you need any further advise.
Love and light :)

HHDisturbed

For whatever reason Bon Jovi is in my head now. I wonder why?

Hey Slippery, So sorry to hear that your situation got so much worse after ETS surgery but it sounds like you found a treatment that is making a big difference. That is awesome! I wish you much continued success.

UPDATE:

Hey guys just to let you know how it all went,

i last posted about ETS option i went with an open mind and with paper of information about hyperhidrosis, it always seemed to me that no one ever takes it seriously.

anyway i think i did all hyperhidrosis sufferers proud as i really laid into them about the lack of funding for this to be sorted, i was told by my dermatologist that im intitled to botox on the NHS because my palmar hyperhidrosis is so bad my gp wanted me to get in touch asap haha mind you i went to see him a week ago and it was around 30 to 32 Celsius and my hands was dripping.

(best advice to anyone on hear if you have hyperhidrosis make sure you go when its at its worse then the doctor is likely to do something about it)

dont go when its cold as mine tend to not sweat as bad when its colder weather.

anyway back on subject didn't go for ETS as i said id only do it if they clamp the nerve so its reversible and that was not an option they just burn the thing off seems silly really but ay im not a doctor/surgeon...

in the end opted for botox and the results are great, my hands are dry and its really amazing, i get to have the treatment every 5 months and im delighted...

ukchick

UPDATE:

in the end opted for botox and the results are great, my hands are dry and its really amazing, i get to have the treatment every 5 months and im delighted...
Please can you put details about your experience with the botox ie.did it hurt,when did you notice it worked,how many needles were used etc .Thanks.

id scale the pain on a level 1 not bad 10 very bad, id say a 6 pain wise, because my hands are quite big and number of injection varies on the persons hand and the amount of sweat that's located on the hand 30 injections in my palms and 2 to 3 in each finger.

id say ive had 80 injections lol but only took 30 to 40 mins

BUT as time goes on they may make it 20 in the palm and 2 to 3 in each finger.

there are risks of lose of function as in bending of the fingers but that only lasts a couple of weeks.

Last edited: