Ets

hello123

having ETS soon (in the UK) as nothing else has worked for my palmar HH. will try and keep you updated with the results. The surgeon has over 10years experience and has done hundreds of surgeries so that makes me feel more confident :p

Paahi

I read a post here where someone had done ETS and got really bad compensatory sweating. So bad that he regretted the surgery. Sorry to be negative.

Edit: It's JR25 here on the forum.

Last edited:

JR25

having ETS soon (in the UK) as nothing else has worked for my palmar HH. will try and keep you updated with the results. The surgeon has over 10years experience and has done hundreds of surgeries so that makes me feel more confident :p

Have you tried iontophoresis mate?

My advice would be to not have surgery. If you do have it I wish the best for you, but personally ETS is the biggest mistake I have ever made in my life (along with lumbar sympathectomy). These surgeries involve the permanant destruction of vital nerves, that is the harsh reality. The person I am now is not the confident, happy and outgoing person I was at 15 (am 28 now). The last 9 years since the side-effects started have been absolute sheer hell at times. Okay I have had dry hands and feet for many years now, but I would happily go back to how I was in the late 90's if only it was possible (dripping hands and feet but no compensatory sweating).
Believe it or not I'm not trying to put you off, just giving you my experience.
All the best though whatever you decide to do bud.

hello123

Have you tried iontophoresis mate?

My advice would be to not have surgery. If you do have it I wish the best for you, but personally ETS is the biggest mistake I have ever made in my life (along with lumbar sympathectomy). These surgeries involve the permanant destruction of vital nerves, that is the harsh reality. The person I am now is not the confident, happy and outgoing person I was at 15 (am 28 now). The last 9 years since the side-effects started have been absolute sheer hell at times. Okay I have had dry hands and feet for many years now, but I would happily go back to how I was in the late 90's if only it was possible (dripping hands and feet but no compensatory sweating).
Believe it or not I'm not trying to put you off, just giving you my experience.
All the best though whatever you decide to do bud.

My surgeon said that he had never had any complications before though (and i know it's random from person to person) but it's free on the NHS so he doesn't get paid any more for doing it, so i think i'm going to take the risk.

Edit: when i said he doesn't get paid any more for it i mean as in he's got no reason to lie

JR25

My surgeon said that he had never had any complications before though (and i know it's random from person to person) but it's free on the NHS so he doesn't get paid any more for doing it, so i think i'm going to take the risk.

Edit: when i said he doesn't get paid any more for it i mean as in he's got no reason to lie

Ah right, well like I said I can only give you my experience mate, which is that my quality of life post-surgery is 1/10 what it was pre-surgery (and probably 1/100 of what it would have been with iontophoresis instead of surgery I believe). To me they are barbaric procedures. I've just soaked through TWO shirts playing sport for 1 hour, years ago I could play for 2 hours and have no marks on my clothes apart from underarms which is completely normal.

Whatever you do I wish you the best bud.

ysh

Best of luck to you! I have no experience with ETS, so can't really say anything about that. However, have you tried iontophoresis? I have been doing it for 5 months now, and even now in the summer my hands and feet are dry. My hands and feet used to drip unless I constantly wiped them off.

hyperxtechie

I just wanted to chime in and wish you good luck with your surgery! I have had it also and my post is here -> http://www.socialphobiaworld.com/decided-to-have-ets-surgery-30409/

Overall, I am happy with the results! My hands do not sweat anymore, however I do get compensatory sweating. I don't think it's too bad because I remember the feeling of having sweaty hands and not being social. Sweating in other parts, I can deal with! Now my life has changed and I am definitely out more! I commend you for making this tough decision and I wish the best for you! Good luck! =)

hello123

I just wanted to chime in and wish you good luck with your surgery! I have had it also and my post is here -> http://www.socialphobiaworld.com/decided-to-have-ets-surgery-30409/

Overall, I am happy with the results! My hands do not sweat anymore, however I do get compensatory sweating. I don't think it's too bad because I remember the feeling of having sweaty hands and not being social. Sweating in other parts, I can deal with! Now my life has changed and I am definitely out more! I commend you for making this tough decision and I wish the best for you! Good luck! =)

Cheers, my surgery is now on the 15th of august i'll let you know how it goes guys.

Sprawling

I personally think it's a bad idea, but I do wish you the best of luck. Keep in mind that awful compensatory sweating might not appear for several years.

hello123

Just got back from hospital had my left side done i feel fine, i had t2, t3 and t4 cut or burnt im not sure my left hand isnt sweating, my armpits arent sweating and my feet sweating has reduced by 70% so far as of yet ive had no compensatory sweating i'll keep updating this. The only down side is it was quite painful and i woke up with breathing difficulties but that was soon fixed.

Edit: My leg sweating has also stopped for now.

sportsfan8

Just got back from hospital had my left side done i feel fine, i had t2, t3 and t4 cut or burnt im not sure my left hand isnt sweating, my armpits arent sweating and my feet sweating has reduced by 70% so far as of yet ive had no compensatory sweating i'll keep updating this. The only down side is it was quite painful and i woke up with breathing difficulties but that was soon fixed.

Edit: My leg sweating has also stopped for now.
Hi there hello123, could you update us on your condition? Very interested in seeing how you're doing now that some time has passed.

hello123

Hi there hello123, could you update us on your condition? Very interested in seeing how you're doing now that some time has passed.

everythings still fine maybe a little bit of sweating on my back when its really hot or if i'm nervous but nothing i didnt already have. my feet still sweat more or less the same as before

hello123

haven't updated in a few months but everything is still fine...my face doesn't sweat anymore and my back can sometimes get sweaty but no more than your average person and not unless its really hot