ETS - Finally!

Ihateit

8 months down the line and I can say I am regretting the surgery. It seems in my case that there may be an underlying cause for my blushing and sweating.

I spent 4 years of my life back and fourth to numerous people who call themselves medical experts who really did not know what they were doing.

I know that each case is different, but please, before you even start to consider ETS, demand that your doctor does all tests possible to see if there is another problem causing your blushing, flushing, sweating etc.

I have been informed that I have an hormone inbalance which the doctor said could be why I have the sweating and blushing. A hormone inbalance can also cause anxiety problems. I have many more symptoms that I have spoken to doctors about in the past 4 years and it could all be linked.

xlisax

Hi there,
I currently suffer from hyperhidrosis, however would not consider this, as many believe it moves sweating from one place to another.
However I was also put off the idea, as my mum blushes and she hated it so had the surgery after reading about it in a magazine and briefly going over it with a doctor in 2000. At the time I didn't realise the risks of it, I was only 9, but your lungs get deflated as well during the operation. My mum still blushes, and instead of sweating like most people under the arms, like she has done all her life, she now sweats everywhere else since the surgery. I honestly do not think that this is a good idea.
Having said that, if I didn't know all of this I would probably want it, anything to let me lead a normal life. To be honest now you have had it done there is no point regretting it. Sorry for the essay and useless post!

T

trinat920

hi Ihateit

i read the forum and I'm really sorry ETS didn't work for you.. I haven't had anything done myself but I'm really desperate.. I want to try at least sth, I cannot really think it could go worse etc

I was wondering if you would want to email me and if I could ask you some more details, where you had the operation done and do you think if it didn't work for you could if work for others and how much you paid etc.. if you have few minutes, could you email me ****

thanks in advance..

Ihateit

I don't know as yet, all the doctor said at the time was that I have an hormone inbalance. Several blood tests/urine tests later I still do not know what exactly is wrong, although a letter I received the other day from the endocrinology clinic did state that my referral to them from my GP was due to abnormal adrenal steroids as well as seeing if the flushing is linked.

Ihateit

^^ Hiya. It's just the fact that I have gone through a year of the same old rubbish and just had hoped it would of been a happier year. On the postive side though, I have my psychological therapy coming up as well as getting my results from the endocrinologist in a few weeks time. Let's hope that it is the start of new beginnings and overcoming my anxieties. I am just taking it day by day at the moment.