enough is enough

mjs89

Hey guys just wondering if any of you with ocd have ever just lost it and gotten angry and frustrated at yourself because you cant just do a normal every day activity without having those obsessions that bad things will happen if you don't do count to a certain number or check a power point is safe. I'm really struggling with my ocd today and I've been really wondering if i can live like this any more its really hard i just want theses thoughts and feelings to go away.

CZi

Hey guys just wondering if any of you with ocd have ever just lost it and gotten angry and frustrated at yourself because you cant just do a normal every day activity without having those obsessions that bad things will happen if you don't do count to a certain number or check a power point is safe. I'm really struggling with my ocd today and I've been really wondering if i can live like this any more its really hard i just want theses thoughts and feelings to go away.

Yes to the max! I can't talk for everyone, but I'm quite sure most people with OCD have these feelings, I know I do! It's incredibly frustrating isn't it? You WANT to stop and not obsess over whatever it is you dwell on, but the compulsion is typically waaaay stronger. I can vouch for medicine and cognitive therapy helping a lot, but it doesn't go away with a snap of the fingers. Sadly, most of our psych problems are here to stay, but it's all about management and controlling it, not letting it control you. Anyway, it's kinda why I'm up right now, I'm having trouble obsessing over my physical appearance and one ear specifically. o_O;

Apersonalan

I had ocd for over 13 years but somehow it gets better, it really does. You get used to it but there are times you think to yourself will I be doing this forever most likely when you get some peace and it comes back again. I've had it every second literally 24/7 for a year straight but it's not even a memory now. Just a whole bunch of uselessness I'd rather forget and can't even remember.

WeirdyMcGee

Well, I don't know if I ever get mad, really... there are times I feel so ashamed that I can't just do regular things though. Turning the emotion inward rather than outward is probably less healthy in many ways- probably the reason why I hate myself and don't hate anyone else.

teatime

I am new here after discovering this forum last night. I too am frustrated with my OCD. I'm a hand washer but not a germophobe. Rather, I feel I have to wash my hands after touching something I think is "contaminated". It was a small compulsion before but within the last year it's gotten worse and it's affecting me at work. If anybody leaves anything on my desk I have to Lysol the surface. A month or so ago I started being afraid of touching door handles and now I don't like when people at work touch me. And if anybody sits in my chair or leaves something on it I feel it's contaminated.

I'm sick of my own behaviour and I'm trying to get over this. My boyfriend has been really supportive and every time he sees me doing something OCD he calls me out on it. I find this helps.

But I believe I am getting better. Today two co-workers touched me on the arm and I resisted the urge to wash the spots they touched. And then at the end of the day a visitor to the office gave me a hug and somehow I was able to handle it. Usually I feel yucky and throw my clothes into the wash the minute I get home.

I think forum is a great support system. Take everything one day at a time. Resist the urge to count something and see what happens.

Reset

Thats the problem with O.C.D. its never enough. Just rember that all the people throught history that have created and done the greatist things in the world most likely had O.C.D. I would bet on it . Try to use it to your advantage .:)