Enneagam personality

gardnerj

I think we're all type four's.

Withholding themselves from others due to feeling vulnerable and defective, they can also feel disdainful and exempt from ordinary ways of living. They typically have problems with melancholy, self-indulgence, and self-pity.

Read this. It might shed some light.

http://www.enneagraminstitute.com/Typefour.asphttp://www.enneagraminstitute.com/Typefour.asp

edit: more:

One of the biggest challenges Fours face is learning to let go of feelings from the past; they tend to nurse wounds and hold onto negative feelings about those who have hurt them. Indeed, Fours can become so attached to longing and disappointment that they are unable to recognize the many treasures in their lives.

Last edited:

Oscelot

I definitely have problems with melancholy and self-indulgence.

Last edited:

Shift

I'm a nine with an eight wing!

(My friend in middle school was really into enneagram personality types. She gave me a whole book on them...)

Last edited:

reslo

i took the test (Free Enneagram Test) and i scored a tie between a four and type 9. I haven't heard of these personality types before- so complicated! im not sure which is more me~... i definitely relate to a lot of the stuff with 4s

They may feel socially awkward or self-conscious, but they deeply wish to connect with people who understand them and their feelings.

Fours typically have problems with a negative self-image and chronically low self-esteem.

Level 5: To stay in touch with feelings, they interiorize everything, taking everything personally, but become self-absorbed and introverted, moody and hypersensitive, shy and self-conscious, unable to be spontaneous or to "get out of themselves." Stay withdrawn to protect their self-image and to buy time to sort out feelings.

and for type 9, it says under personal growth:
■Avoid lengthy conversations in your imagination, particularly if they are negative, resentful, or even excessively romantic. These conversations are essentially unreal and at best only rehearsals for action—although, as you know, you almost never say or do what you imagine you will. Instead of spending time imagining your life and relationships, begin to live them.

lol thats a little too close to home!

Lea

Banned
I got highest score on 5 (8 points), which I never thought I would get. Then I got 7 points on 4. But I was not sure of some of the answers..

Nicholas

I took the test some time ago, and yes, I'm a FOUR!!! :eek: And an INFP. An idealist, a dreamer. Does that make me special? ::p: So far, it also gave me lots of problems though... ::(:

Type 4 is actually one of the weaker ones for me.

Type 1: 5
Type 2: 3
Type 3: 5
Type 4: 4
Type 5: 5
Type 6: 5
Type 7: 1
Type 8: 1
Type 9: 7

I guess I'm mostly a 9 (peacemaker), but part of the description for 6 (loyalist) actually struck more of a chord with me (running on stress while complaining about it ::p:).

Tiercel

Type 1: 4
Type 2: 2
Type 3: 4
Type 4: 6
Type 5: 6
Type 6: 4
Type 7: 4
Type 8: 0
Type 9: 6

I got a 6 in Types 4, 5, and 9. The description for Type 4, Level 7 describes me well. So does the description of Type 5, Level 4. And Type 9, Level 3 probably describes my overall life the best.

So I'm a decent 9, an okay 5, and a terrible 4. Good for me! :D