engagment

ImNotMyIllness

Congratulations! Not to many people take "promise rings" seriously. But, the only thing that matters is that you and your boyfriend are happy!

LazyHermitCrab

Congratulations! Not to many people take "promise rings" seriously. But, the only thing that matters is that you and your boyfriend are happy!

That was my first congradulations thank you :p :bigsmile: i just hope it actually works out though... just gonna try my best lol.

A promise ring is a promise to not date other people other than the person you're dating :)

:idontknow: where does the engagement thing come in? Is that part of it? Who gives who a promise ring? Is it a young thing or do all people do this?

Sorry we don't have stuff like that, I never heard of such things.

WishingICould

:idontknow: where does the engagement thing come in? Is that part of it? Who gives who a promise ring? Is it a young thing or do all people do this?

Sorry we don't have stuff like that, I never heard of such things.

Yeah. If you're dating someone why would you need a ring to promise you won't date anyone else?

This advice is not appropriate for all situations lol but in this case, I think it is. Don't worry about the future, enjoy what's making you happy now. If things work out thats great and if they don't, it won't be as bad as you think it will at this moment in time. Focus on the now and enjoy what you have and enjoy as much not seriousness as you can because there's loads of time to be very serious :)

LazyHermitCrab

This advice is not appropriate for all situations lol but in this case, I think it is. Don't worry about the future, enjoy what's making you happy now. If things work out thats great and if they don't, it won't be as bad as you think it will at this moment in time. Focus on the now and enjoy what you have and enjoy as much not seriousness as you can because there's loads of time to be very serious :)

Thanks it's just that my life was completely lonely and empty before him and i'm afraid of going back to that... but thanks!!! :p

Also-

Promise rings are pre-engagement rings. They are not really nessessary. It's a ring you would wear on your right hand so it doesn't look too official like you're getting married for sure.

Thanks it's just that my life was completely lonely and empty before him and i'm afraid of going back to that... but thanks!!! :p

Also-

Promise rings are pre-engagement rings. They are not really nessessary. It's a ring you would wear on your right hand so it doesn't look too official like you're getting married for sure.

I've had similar experiences, never got a promise ring though! You did well to extract jewellery! :)

LazyHermitCrab

I've had similar experiences, never got a promise ring though! You did well to extract jewellery! :)

the promise ring is the same as the engagement so it's the same amount but happy with it :p i would post a picture but maybe just to you if you wanna see it and i don't know you for sure lol

LazyHermitCrab

wow so are you actually engaged?

That's what he said lol. It's just that he didn't tell anyone. He mentioned it to his dad before and he said "that doesn't sound like a good idea, but i won't stop you." I'm just thinking "Ohh wow how nice" :s I guess it's better than him saying "I will disown you son" or something. We're not gonna plan anything permanent for another 2 years though.