drinkers and non drinkers.

206Raider

damn I tried drinking last night after months and months of not, but damn I was super depressed and I was lying on the ground staring at the ceiling. my dog looked at me like "wtf is wrong with you" lol. so I just went to sleep cuz I was miserable.....

I just stopped smoking weed so I was trying to lean off the effects of that but damn alcohol doesn't work. I honestly don't want to do anything but when I go for about a month of no kind of alchol or pot, I start getting miserable looking for some type of outlet.

206Raider

yeh i cant get drunk just buzzed i guess....I use to be either completely wasted or didn't drink at all....no in between

slapstick

I drink with my mates in the weekend and enjoy when I do..but because I'm so dependent on it for confidence when I socially interact..My hangovers are not to pleasant cos I find the SP kicks up a notch and I feel just tired and helpless to stop it. My Psychiatrist says it's a drug and when you come of it especially when your'e reliant on it..the withdrawal can hit u like tonne of bricks..but my family and I are used to it so what the hay...

Its not that I can't go out without alcohol it's more that I have more fun when I do...And well the peson I am when I drink is the person I want to be everyday..Charming, insightful, bubbly and open with my thoughts and emotions.. I might regret it in the morning but at least people know what I'm really like..:cool:

jamie99

My drinking was so bad it caused severe insomnia. I would go to bed around midnight and wake up at 4am and not be able to sleep til the next night, and go through the day tired as hell. Eventually i got ulcers from it and finally quit, i been sober almost 2 years now.

megalon

I don't drink. Except for a sip of wine every sunday when I used to go to church, I have never had any alcoholic beverages ever. People who don't drink are more depressed because they have few friends? I don't have many friends anyway, and I don't think drinking will change that.

mrb

having a drink is ok but to drink when your down just makes it worse , i work hard all week weight train run keep fit , im a happy person but fri nights sometimes i get out of my head on drink , why .... dunno habbit i soppose but im slowly learning not to do it , why do something that makes you feel deppressed

Social_Monstrosity

I can never drink, the taste is unbearable for the most part.

The only alcoholic beverages I can tolerate are the tastiest wines, and even then I can rarely stomach more than one glass.

Having an ex-alcoholic father detaches the thought of myself ever touching a bottle again. I don't want to end up like him.

Last edited:

raylite

I've abstained from alcohol for 7 months because I needed to lose weight and quit smoking, which I was able to do. I resumed my drinking because its a great way to make new friends and socialize. Also, I don't drink to gain confidence anymore, I already have plenty of it, moderate drinking just always makes parties more enjoyable.