Dread going out

NickyNacker

I've had over 100 dollars in birthday money since April and I'm finally going to spend it tonight. I'm terrified and feel like telling my mom that I don't want to go. The thought of leaving the house and going to a busy store makes my heart race and I've got that deep nervous feeling going on in my chest. Ugh!!! I keep thinking about running into someone I know.. or going to the counter to check-out because I hate that. Or asking someone who works there a question. I'm terrified. I don't know why I'm posting this, I'm sorry just all I could think to do to feel better. ::(:

if u dont go you willl feel u missed out, so i think it's better to go...and even if u fail, you
ll know you tried, that u beat the sa for at least a bit.. :)

mrb

no worries mate thats what this site if for to share your troubles :) but try not to worry so much it might not be as bad as you think , hey you have all that money just go out and enjoy it lol :)

Damaged

I know its hard, but if you were positive about going out it'd make the world of difference. I get really scared when i go out and sometimes wish i wasnt, and it makes it a whole lot worse.

Instead i've started thinking positive before going out saying to myself 'I'm going to enjoy this, i can finally get out of the house, i won't have any panic attacks. No ones ever died from panic attacks, i shall be calm and relaxed'.
It works so much, and i have the best time ever because im out.

mrb

I know its hard, but if you were positive about going out it'd make the world of difference. I get really scared when i go out and sometimes wish i wasnt, and it makes it a whole lot worse.

Instead i've started thinking positive before going out saying to myself 'I'm going to enjoy this, i can finally get out of the house, i won't have any panic attacks. No ones ever died from panic attacks, i shall be calm and relaxed'.
It works so much, and i have the best time ever because im out.

yea shes right this lady a while ago used to hate going out , almost house bound , but nows her confidence has grown and she ok going out now :)

lyricalliaisons

If you can, you should try waiting to go at a time when the store is less busy, like early on a weekday or something. If you go on a weekend, it will be pretty busy probably & that will make it harder.

Luthien

I am "house-bound" and terrified to go out in my tiny little town, but if I drive to the city, I'm fine. For some reason, knowing I'll never see any of those people again really helps. And people in the city aren't as crazy-friendly as they are here. Plus it cuts down on the risk of running into someone I know.