Drabbles of writing.

Queen_Regnant

Anyone enjoy writing? I personally love it, but I normally only vent it through roleplaying. Occasionally I'll type up a random scene so I believe I'm going to start posting these little meaningless drabbles here. I encourage others to do the same. :D

"Have you ever been heartbroken? You're beautiful, What do you know? You tramp on the hearts of everyone because you don't think anyone can touch you. I see guys just like me following you like a damn puppy because they just want to be apart of whatever grace you have.. Or maybe not. Maybe they want to try and believe that they can change you, try and make your cold heart actually feel something."

There was a certain swell of pride as he finally stood up to her, something no man had ever done before. He gained a smug smile that almost instantly faded. He looked at the woman in front of him and felt the need to take a step back. Her face had crinkled up into an anger that he couldn't explain. It was passionate and hurt at once and her eyes danced with a kind of life that he had never seen. He was almost positive he was going to be punched.

"My heart breaks everyday. It breaks because it doesn't matter what I do, how I look or how many men will think they love me. He doesn't. He doesn't look at me and see something beautiful or even worth his time. He sees someone who would only bring him down and slow his potential.. and you know what? That's probably true. Because when I look at him, I see the most incredible star shining as though it were leading me, trying to show me the way. I could never catch up to him.. He's in the sky while I'm still down here on the ground."

The sparks in her eyes seemed to die as her voice faded and finally she tore her gaze away from him. There was a silence that felt a year long and with a thickness that made it hard to breathe normally.

"I would never let anyone close because it'd be a waste of their efforts.. I'll never love them. Why would I ever want people to see how much of a mess I am?" For a moment, her usual facade dropped. Her gaze softened and her lips pursed together in a subtle frown. She hugged herself silently as though to give herself the comfort that he couldn't and it became obvious that she really was just a tender hearted woman with a thick armored shell to protect whatever was left inside of her.

All of a sudden he was able to notice her. He was able to see how ****ing beautiful she was and how she was able to shatter all the hearts she ever encountered. His heart hammered in his chest so violently that it made him sick to his stomach and he couldn't find it in him to look away from the incredible woman in front of him. Even as she turned her back to him and walked away with purpose, his gaze followed and his hand reached out as though he could stop her.

Her hips would swing with each step and she left behind the scent of coconut, tanning oil and sunflowers. Everything about her was intoxicating and he looked at her as though a blind man seeing for the sun for the first time. As she turned around and bared a smile through wine red tainted lips, He quickly realized one thing. She would eat him alive.

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
Aye, ah do... But ah don't really huv tha imagination for it, like ah hud when ah wus a wee lad.

I do like to write but as everyone knows, writing is hard work, and I don't have the time and dedication anymore to write much (for pleasure, anyway; I do write plenty for school). Also, when I do write - especially fiction - I often love what I'm writing while I'm in the middle of writing it, but when I look back at it, I feel like it's cliche and silly. I know most writers - or at least a good many of them - feel this way, but I don't know how you're ever supposed to know if your work is good or not if you're never satisfied with it. And then what if you love it but others hate it? Writing is just one of those that I love but I find terrifying and maddening. It's easier to just read other people's work :p

Several months ago I wrote the opening of a story just because I felt creative, but as you can see it didn't go anywhere and it's just sitting in a Word document on my desktop, looking pathetic :) :

She looked into her mug and saw her strained face reflected back at her in the

NamiraWilhelm

I've dabbled with fanfiction lol. But I love to write poetry. And that's just for my enjoyment. No-one from real life knows I write poetry. I can't imagine sharing it with anyone.

Queen_Regnant

Honestly you could write utter crap and it wouldn't matter, your Scottish typing would still make it endearing!

Agreed :giggle:

I do like to write but as everyone knows, writing is hard work, and I don't have the time and dedication anymore to write much (for pleasure, anyway; I do write plenty for school). Also, when I do write - especially fiction - I often love what I'm writing while I'm in the middle of writing it, but when I look back at it, I feel like it's cliche and silly. I know most writers - or at least a good many of them - feel this way, but I don't know how you're ever supposed to know if your work is good or not if you're never satisfied with it. And then what if you love it but others hate it? Writing is just one of those that I love but I find terrifying and maddening. It's easier to just read other people's work :p

Several months ago I wrote the opening of a story just because I felt creative, but as you can see it didn't go anywhere and it's just sitting in a Word document on my desktop, looking pathetic :) :

She looked into her mug and saw her strained face reflected back at her in the

I feel the same way really, but it's still something I enjoy a lot. Sometimes cheesy and cliche is just what I need. :applause: Oooh~ Your small sample almost makes me wish to try an add on type of thing. Where we keep adding small bits ourselves and go.

Example - She looked into her mug and saw her strained face reflected back at her in the coffee. Had she been making that expression this whole time? Was it obvious how uncomfortable she was? It had been a long since she had been at this cafe and it was beginning to bring up feelings that she had been trying to keep buried.

Sorry to use your sample and the example~ Do you think people would participate?

I've dabbled with fanfiction lol. But I love to write poetry. And that's just for my enjoyment. No-one from real life knows I write poetry. I can't imagine sharing it with anyone.

I wrote peotry when I was younger but not anymore. I would love other yours if you ever decided to share it, but I realize it can be a very personal thing. I don't let anyone IRL read my writings for any reason. It embarrasses me to much.

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
Honestly you could write utter crap and it wouldn't matter, your Scottish typing would still make it endearing!

:blushing: Aw, fu... Oh, caught masel' in time there. Thanks, ladies. :thumbup:

Writin' utter crap in Scottish dialect? Well, it worked oot well fur Irvin Welsh, didn't it?* :bigsmile:
*Ooooh, that statement will'nae go doon well if said in a different accent.

Kiwong

I don't write as much as I used to. A few years ago I was a member of the Critters writers workshop. I submitted a few stories, and have two stories in print, one in an e-anthology, a CD with stories set to electronic music, and several others online. Only one paying sale $12. A lot of rejections from the paying markets.

My most recent writing credit is two stories on line in a Flash Science fiction webpage. My first story which I had published there in 2006, and my latest, are in the 200th edition of the e-zine.

I mainly write in my blog these days. My photography has taken over as my main interest.

Last edited:

Queen_Regnant

Oh! I would love to get something in print. Honestly, I would love to just finish something.. I'm so bad. All I ever do is drabbles like the one I posted.

I love photography as well. I used to be really into it when I was younger, but I took a step back when I saw how many people were doing it as well.

NamiraWilhelm

I wrote peotry when I was younger but not anymore. I would love other yours if you ever decided to share it, but I realize it can be a very personal thing. I don't let anyone IRL read my writings for any reason. It embarrasses me to much.

Ugh I know! So embarrassing. Even without reading any, I think they'd find the idea that I wrote poetry funny enough lol
You could read some, but I never said it was any good ;)

Kiwong

Oh! I would love to get something in print. Honestly, I would love to just finish something.. I'm so bad. All I ever do is drabbles like the one I posted.

I love photography as well. I used to be really into it when I was younger, but I took a step back when I saw how many people were doing it as well.

It was a thrill to be in print and to have the print copies of my writing. Realistically, very few people actually have read what I had published in print. A good form of fiction to start with is flash fiction, usually about 500 words.

You're not far away from having a short story completed with what you have written.

There are certainly a lot more photographers around with the advent of digital photography. I enjoy it most because of the amazing things I get to observe when I take my camera out, photography is the best from of mindfulness I know.

Last edited:

Xervello

Anyone enjoy writing? I personally love it, but I normally only vent it through roleplaying. Occasionally I'll type up a random scene so I believe I'm going to start posting these little meaningless drabbles here. I encourage others to do the same. :D

That was very good! Sounded so natural and at ease. It takes a writer's finesse to accomplish that. I hope this is more than just a hobby for you. I really enjoyed it. Keep it up! :thumbup:

everdeenkatniss

Thanks friend for share this article. I really like your views.