dont want to be seen

kuze

I spend most of my time away from the world, in my room. Just the thought of standing infront of someone being judged makes me cringe. this manifests itself when i get out, i avoid eye contact at all costs, i hate being near anyone for more than a short time. I'm really bad right now, as I've been for a long time now. I have this incredible feeling of worthlessness, I feel like I'm a creep most of the time when Im anxious, when having to speak with anyone or just interact with them, I always feel like they might be disgusted by me in some way, or atleast cautious of me. I feel like there has to be a point where I stop running and just accept everything, I don't know if that will be a positive change, but it could stop a good bit of my weird behavior. does anyone have similar feelings?

Xavier91

yes.. exactly the same feelings. i cannot even talk to my therapist cause im afraid of wht she would think of me or that she would judge me.

Havocan

Both of you need to realise that 99.99999999999999999999999992% of everyone in the world don't judge you for who you are. Difficult to admit but nevertheless the one and only truth.

blue

I have run from things my entire life and now the nets are closing and i dont have anywere to run to.
I spend my days day dreaming about a life i will never have........sorry for the pessimism.

thor01

Yeah I feel the same, I always feel people are watching and gudging me and feel i need to escape.

Coconuts

Jaj I feel like if people didn't look at me then I'd be okay. That's why I don't have as much of a problem doing things when it's like pitch black, and no one can see anything. I know that's really weird, but it's the truth. Whenever I go outside I do tend to hide my face anyways, just like with giant sunglasses and a hood on. I don't really want people to look at me and see everything for how it really is.

j_brown2

Banned
me at times is even hiding from my dog... sometimes he gives me that weird look and I have to break eye contact haha. no iam serious I think he can sense something is wrong with me at times. As of lately Iam being reserved around my dog for some reason

Oh and please nobody tell me Iam being unreal... he sure can notice, he is avoiding me as of lately, he doesn't get excited anymore every morning he sees me... he just gives me that look for a second and turns away. Oh and don't tell me Iam overanalyzing stuff... I saw that change with my own eyes. Iam all alone in my room locked up now

Last edited:

PinkFrog

Jaj I feel like if people didn't look at me then I'd be okay. That's why I don't have as much of a problem doing things when it's like pitch black, and no one can see anything. I know that's really weird, but it's the truth. Whenever I go outside I do tend to hide my face anyways, just like with giant sunglasses and a hood on. I don't really want people to look at me and see everything for how it really is.

Me as well. I have these HUGE Chanel Sunglasses that I wear, and it doesn't even look like I have a face when I wear them (lol). I also always wear my hair down to cover up most of my face and eyes when I don't wear sunglasses. It's like, if they don't see my eyes or expressions, they won't see that I'm not right.

I can conversate fine on the phone, and if I go for a walk with someone and it's late at night, you can't see faces.

Celephaïs

Similar here a bit. Things have deteriorated to a point with me over the past month that I was pretty much staring into space for a week. But I've also realized that tuning out behind a computer does not help it.

SickJoke

me at times is even hiding from my dog... sometimes he gives me that weird look and I have to break eye contact haha. no iam serious I think he can sense something is wrong with me at times. As of lately Iam being reserved around my dog for some reason

Oh and please nobody tell me Iam being unreal... he sure can notice, he is avoiding me as of lately, he doesn't get excited anymore every morning he sees me... he just gives me that look for a second and turns away. Oh and don't tell me Iam overanalyzing stuff... I saw that change with my own eyes. Iam all alone in my room locked up now

Wow, your social anxiety has transitioned into mammal anxiety! It's not just humans anymore but dogs too! This is a rare case, can I study you? :D

j_brown2

Banned
My dog is a very social dog and all I can say is he doesn't like me anymore. Last time I went out with him, I noticed he thought Iam boring, he didn't wanna play with me, nothing... I knew something was up. I get only anxious when he looks me in the eye... so Iam avoiding eye contact. I don't want him to think Iam a freak and worsen my chances of me and him ever playing together someday