Don't know why

dannyboy65

I don't really know but it seems every new year night I feel depressed. I've had a lot of good things happen for the last part of the year, but for some reason I am depressed. I don't really know what it is I just feel that I guess every new year I'm scared. I'm scared what will happen to me because every year I go through a lot of trouble and some how make it through. Like the beginning of last year 2013 I was trying to get clean, then in the end I actually started to turn my life around. I sort of wish I could of spent it with the girl I really care for, but she is 30 minutes away. I was also a little disappointed that my best friend would rather play video games then hangout with me. I guess what I'm scared of for this year is going down a dark path again. I know I probably won't but it is always a thought that scares the hell out of me. I'm not only scared though, I'm anxious. I am thinking of maybe trying to ask the girl I really like to be my girlfriend. I don't know new years is sort of weird to me. Well off note my autism makes me hate loud noises and it really annoys the hell out of me when everyone is blowing the horns and all the loud noise it drives me crazy.

ImNotMyIllness

Stress can also make you feel depressed. Try not to worry. That is what's causing your anxiety. Worrying won't change anything. Life is tough but it's overcoming the obstacles that makes us feel alive. Falling in love is a terrific feeling partly because you don't have control. It's like you're literally falling.

.......Stay off drugs. Your life is truly inspirational. Keep moving forward. If you come across a setback, don't let it deter you. A lot of times our failures are blessings in disguise. It's also a time that you learn the most about yourself. Learning good coping techniques and having the right perspective will help you make it through. Stay strong.

dannyboy65

Stress can also make you feel depressed. Try not to worry. That is what's causing your anxiety. Worrying won't change anything. Life is tough but it's overcoming the obstacles that makes us feel alive. Falling in love is a terrific feeling partly because you don't have control. It's like you're literally falling.

.......Stay off drugs. Your life is truly inspirational. Keep moving forward. If you come across a setback, don't let it deter you. A lot of times our failures are blessings in disguise. It's also a time that you learn the most about yourself. Learning good coping techniques and having the right perspective will help you make it through. Stay strong.

Thanks yea I am planning on staying off drugs and doing great this year, but there is always that fear in the back of my head if you know what I mean?

ImNotMyIllness

I know what you mean.

Also, boredom can cause destructive behaviors. When you're bored, you have a lot of time to think. And sometimes that can be scary. So, to escape "your" head you engage in destructive behaviors. I have a number of my own. It's something you have to be cognizant of.........Feeling alone and rejected only adds fuel to the fire. So, when you're feeling that way, try to keep yourself busy with something productive.

dannyboy65

I know what you mean.

Also, boredom can cause destructive behaviors. When you're bored, you have a lot of time to think. And sometimes that can be scary. So, to escape "your" head you engage in destructive behaviors. I have a number of my own. It's something you have to be cognizant of.........Feeling alone and rejected only adds fuel to the fire. So, when you're feeling that way, try to keep yourself busy with something productive.

Lately I've been playing a lot of bass. I also realized I don't like sitting in one spot for to long ever since college I loved to go out and do things. The old me hated that and just stayed home and got high all of the time.

Marc7

I can relate to that because I'm super scared of the new year because I don't know what going to happen to me in my life it could go bad or good. But yea you should be happy (not saying you have to) that you almost have a girlfriend and of the progress you made in your life.

Kiwong

I've been there. Good stuff happens and you wonder what can go wrong. Makes me nervous as hell.

dannyboy65

I can relate to that because I'm super scared of the new year because I don't know what going to happen to me in my life it could go bad or good. But yea you should be happy (not saying you have to) that you almost have a girlfriend and of the progress you made in your life.

I am happy about that and incredibly thankful I'm not dead or something. But I always fear something really bad will happen to me and I'll resort to drugs again.

Marc7

I am happy about that and incredibly thankful I'm not dead or something. But I always fear something really bad will happen to me and I'll resort to drugs again.

Me too I'm happy too I'm still alive. But I don't think I'm ready for the things that might come into my life though. Hopefully you don't resort to drugs.