Don't be a sellout

philly2bits

Ask yourself, what is a friend to you? Don't take it lightly. Think hard.

What does it take for you to call someone your friend? What emotions do they stir, what thoughts do they invoke? And are these thoughts and emotions really good for you, or do they just feel good?

Does this person add to your life, or do they only take? Or, in your need for acceptance, do you give more than you should?

Do you treat friendship as a prize to be worked for, or do you prostitute it out for the promise of getting something back?

If you guard anything in your life guard your friendships, because while few enemies make good friends, good friends make the worst of enemies.

coyote

there are many forms of friendship

i often use the term "friend" in it's broadest sense...

someone with whom I am acquainted and on good terms

this is how friendship starts

it can develop from there or remain at that level

WeirdyMcGee

i often use the term "friend" in it's broadest sense...

someone with whom I am acquainted and on good terms

ditto.
I get along with most people.
There are very few people I dislike - and usually the feeling that I may dislike them is purely instinctual.
Acquaintances is the extent of friendship I have with anyone, really.
I don't trust anyone enough to be 'best friends' or partnered up with anyone in a very serious sense.

People are people; whether they be truly lovely or detestable - they all have faults and good points.
It's about treating people as equals and as human beings, to me.

U

userremoved

I would have to say yes my friend adds to my life, but I willingly give back. We do things for each other and even buy each other things all the time. Dependability is what comes to mind when I think of a friend. Well one like that. There's different levels of friendship though depending on how long I've known the person, how much time we spend together, and whether or not I can count on them.

MrJones

I have no idea how normal relationship are. I start calling someone "friend" when I know I can be there for them if they need me, if they can count on me, when I care about that someone, if they are important to me. The bad part is that sometimes (often) they don't feel the same way, I don't know how to call that ::(:

Dead_on_Arrival

I'd like to think friendship is a two way street, to be compassionate, caring and to be there for you as you would be for them. I am not saying this is how I choose friends, there are no conditions to adhere to. These things develop with time and trust when you get to know people better and help to make friendships develop stronger bonds.

Section_31

im very particular about whom i call a friend. there are people i know, and then there are friends.

Almost everybody on here i consider a friend.