does ne1 hve no friends at all?

ces4r87

guilty as charged right here! I have no close friends at all. Im about to graduate from college and there's only about 2 or 3 people that know me by name

tiffstar

I have friends but its takes along time for me to feel comfortable and I have to make a great effort to maintain friends. Essentially I only have one friend since highschool, she really knows me about my social disorder so we go a long way back

Time for a newbie to chime in... Newbie on the board, that is. I've had my SP for... hell, all my life.

I have to say I'm one of those sad individuals who has no friends. I have family, though we're not close at all, and I have a few aquaintances, but, for nearly two years, there's been nobody in my life I can honestly call a friend.

And it sucks...

soc683

In high school I had some good friends, but our friendship centered around drug use mainly. By the time I graduated I had drifted away from many of them even though I was still using drugs. A year later I quit drugs and was going to college and working full time as well. By this time I only had one friend left. By the time I graduated college I didn't have any friends. That's pretty much the way it remained for many years. Eventually I started having friends again but it wasn't like when I was younger, making strong connections just didn't happen. Over all those years there were only a few dates and those were disasters. I enjoy other peoples company when I'm not too stressed out over life. I wish things had worked out better in the social arena for me, but it didn't, kind of a wasted life. :(

Socially_Retarded

I used to have lots of close friends before my SA (about 4 years ago, now im 23), recently we caught up and went out to town for a few drinks but weeks later, after trying to get in contact with them again, one of their ex girlsfriends told me that they thought i was a completely different person and they didnt have fun around me... lately ive been trying to decide whether i should move on or try and salvage the friendships. Neway i got no friends at the moment. :?

bulent

I had a few friends earlier this decade who visited me now and then.We would play cards,talk etc. They moved on with their lives now,some of them are married,have jobs,studying abroad unlike me stuck here forever. I cant blame them for quitting contact with me,because they tried to help me but i wasn't able to do anything to get better...Now i have zero friends.

When i was in military i was able to make some friends though. But i gave them the wrong phone number when they asked. I think i did the right thing because i hadnt told them that i never went anywhere...How could i maintain a friendship when i couldnt even go to a local store let alone other places.