Does my husband have social phobia?

Borx

I am not a sufferer and alot of what you say i can understand , i think you would be surprised at maybe the empathy alot of non sufferers have . I also understand how extremely difficult it would be for you to explain to people especially since you can just about tolerate alot of social situations . Do you discuss how you feel with your husband ?

miss_amy

Well the nature of this is to not trust people so its hard for me to talk about it with anyone.

I disagree with you about non sufferers having empathy....I'm sure some like you do...but having to work out who I can talk to is a real problem.

Every now and then I do 'make friends' with someone who I feel OK with and tell a bit more than I usually would. The last person I did this with, not that long ago decided to steal confidential papers from my business and set up in competition and quit her position at my place by text.
Then there was my ex in laws that when my first husband broke my bones then ran off with someone else leaving me with a new born baby and a toddler, said they will always be there for me and how ashamed of their son they were. 3 weeks later they were telling lies in court and trying to get custody of my kids.

Yes I do talk to my husband, though not on a constant day to day basis. He knows my problems and where it stems from, but I tend not to tell him every time I feel bad. I think he can guess mostly anyway by my behaviour or anxiety symptoms.

Borx

I suppose we are both coming from two different prespectives in so far as. i have had a happy upbringing and generally speaking positve life experiences to which avail i feel that people generally are out to do good , maybe for you it is the opposite. I know that my husband has little trust in people in general but he had a difficult upbringing