does msn, email, forums ect bring out the real you?

Hello
i'am new to this forum and also got social phobia problems but
i will introduce myself properly later on but now i'm wondering if you guys/girls find it real easy to talk to ppl on msn forums emails and anywhere else you type on a computer and it brings out your true personallity comparing to real life?

JonnyD

to me ,with the exception of forums, it's hard much the same way the real thing is.

i just don't mail people, don't send messages or add on orkut/facebook/msn naturally i need to force myself to m ake anything in a personal level. much the same way the real life is...

that makes me believe that the internet is just another comunication method , there are humans behind it and humans just frighten me..

maybe some persons find it easier, as mycg as some person don't find that embarassing making "abnormal" things in a place where they won't be seen again

Forums and email are close to the real me. Instant messaging with friends is the real me. Instant messaging with a stranger is nerve-wracking and fake.

Yeah for me when I talk on msn I'm charming, witty, funny, outgoing and according to this one girl I seem energetic. Also I remember being called "Fun guy". I've even had like 4 girlfriends over msn, all of them said they loved me before I even asked them to be my gf!!!

Buuuuuuut that's almost like pretend in my opinion...I'll be like that in reality one day!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IF IT'S THAT LAST THING I DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

bitingthepea

Im on here most of the time beacsue i feel i can say stuff i wouldnt normally have the guts to say
guess i just hate talking.

It definitely depends on the person to how much ur personality shows

recluse

Writing emails gives me time to think what to say but what i hate about msn is that i feel under pressure to think quickly what to say, and then the other person get's impatient and think that i am talking to someone else o'r i have left!

Atleast with real life, face to face interaction you can atleast pretend to listen with interest at the other person talking, by leaning forwards and nodding...Using your body language to fill in.I'm so disillusioned by the whole msn thing because it feels so cold and impersonal.

Kamen

I am Myself in forums, mails, messengers. The problem is, I am not sure who I am.

freestylemonster said:
Yeah for me when I talk on msn I'm charming, witty, funny, outgoing and according to this one girl I seem energetic. Also I remember being called "Fun guy". I've even had like 4 girlfriends over msn, all of them said they loved me before I even asked them to be my gf!!!

Buuuuuuut that's almost like pretend in my opinion...I'll be like that in reality one day!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IF IT'S THAT LAST THING I DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

omg i'm just like you, this me now is like another voice in my head but in real life something else makes me talk
as for you other people i persoanlly quiet surprised, not expect to hear somone get nervous over the internet but i'm not hear to gudge you its great to hear the levels of our social anxiety

Some_guy

I feel like most of the time I'm being the 'real me' when in real life. That wasn't always the case, though.

Andrew

This is what it used to be like for me when I had only SA. I would be pretty close to myself over the internet, while drunk, or around a select few people. Now-a-days my OCD does not care where I am so am less often anything resembling my natural self.