Does anyone here have asmr?

SHYoreoCOOKIE4U

ASMR is a tingling sensation people get when they hear certain sound, like whispering, slow accented speech, fingernails tapping, gum chewing etc.

When you get it, you feel extremely relaxed and and almost fall in to a hyponotic state.It is VERY, VERY pleasurable and usually it's accompanied with goosbumps all over the body. Some people would even say it;s just as good or even better than sex

part 1 ASMR Day! (READ DESCRIPTION) - YouTube

There is also a community on youtube that is growing very large. people ASMR make videos of things that trigger people's ASMR. They make videos of themselves whispering, crinkling paper, tapping their fingernails on various objects, etc. Some people even do role play videos of things like doctors visits, and getting haircuts because that triggers people's ASMR, too.

I realise this sounds really weird. I was just curious if anyone has heard of it/has it.

WeirdyMcGee

I have never heard of this before now... interesting!

...I don't have it. haha
But it is certainly interesting.

GraybeardGhost

ASMR is a tingling sensation people get when they hear certain sound, like whispering, slow accented speech, fingernails tapping, gum chewing etc.

I had never heard of this either, but I've been exploring it for the past week or so, since I first saw your post. Very interesting sensation: almost electric, but not quite, kind of like a cold chill, but warm at the same time. I may never leave YouTube again. Thanks for the tip! :)

Steffen

Yikes. That's strange... I do react to all of those things, but EXTREMELY negatively.

Last edited: