Does anyone have really dry eyes while wearing contacts???

Ignace

I wanted to get lenses/contacts a while back, but both my eye doctor and optician said I wouldn't be able to wear them for more than an hour a day, due to my naturally very dry eyes. So at least you can wear them, I can't at all. ::p: Are eye drops of any help ?

economist

uhh
eye drops don't really help
they get dry again a couple minutes later
some days i can wear them, some i can't

an ophthalmologist said my eye pores were clogged so i need to start applying warm compress daily, lid scrubbing
im going to start taking fish oil, maybe taking restasis drops, and flaxseed oil

this should all help u as well

Ignace

Hope it works for u, but I'm staying with my glasses. ::p: I'm not going through all that hassle just to be freed of glasses. Wearing contacts while having dry eyes is not that healthy either. Worst case scenario it can cause blindness on the (very) long term, at least that's what I was told.

No, but I had an eye infection due being careless with my contacts and had to put stuff in my left eye for 4 months everyday, now I only wear contacts when I'm outside and use glasses at home. The eye that was infected does feel a little dry but with contacts it feels fine, I use Acuve. Maybe you should try a differnt brand.

jaim38

Sometimes, I get really dry eyes when wearing contacts, especially if I stay up late with my contacts on. I need to remoisterize my eyes.

Niceguy23

I started getting dry eyes and could not even wear contacts my eyes would get red and shut on its own. I went to doctor and now have to use artificial tears now I have no problem with contacts on or off

Fighter86

My eyes gets so dry sometimes when wearing contacts that my vision becomes blur. So I try to keep it at a couple times per week.

Vision

Maybe you need to try a different type of contacts? I used to have a problem with my contacts getting dry and falling out fairly frequently. I use the day/night ones now and don't seem to have that problem so much anymore.

economist

^the day/night ones?

what are those
like wear daily and nightly

i wear acuvue moist i believe daily

i've tried many kinds
acuvue trueye

when i first started wearing contacts like 4-5 years ago (age 13-14)
my eyes were like the moistest eyes out there
like ppl commented on how they were always shining

See

Yeah, daily/nightly for a month. I wear the Air Optix night and day lenses. So each pair of lenses last for a month instead of throwing them away every day. I have gotten away with usually leaving them in for 2 months straight without ever taking them out :p. I've never tried the disposable ones before, they would never stay in for me at all.

economist

rlly
that's weird maybe i should try them out

i thought the daily disposable were the best for dry eyes since u use a new one every time