does anyone else enjoy pain in a weird way

Duzmiu

hello, my apologies if this is in the wrong section but seemed like the right place to put it as i believe it to be a result of my depression
~
ive always enjoyed pain in a weird way, not sexually but more of it sends a strange feeling through my body and makes me feel alive a little bit.
so il'd like to hear you opinions on this matter
~
it started out a few years ago when i was messing about with a mate play fighting and we ended up hitting each other with belts but for some reason no matter how hard he hit me it felt good, after awhile i found out that getting whipped across the stomach was one of the best things ive felt in along time. so after awhile my curiousity got the better of me and tried other things like breaking things with my fists and head(glasss,tiles, walls etc etc)
then i started inflicting harm to my self such as hitting my leg until i couldnt bare it anymore or just couldnt feel it anymore. after quite awhile i realised i had gone to far as i was cutting the top of my leg so eventually i stopped.
~
after looking back on what i did and seeing the scars on my legs and wandering if i should do it again as i enjoyed it. im wandering if im the only one who has done something like this? and is it wrong that i enjoy pain in that way?

thanks in advance to anyone and everyone that shares there opinions

~Duz

Flanscho

Nope, never had that. Never enjoyed it either. While on the one hand I think that people should do whatever they want to, if it makes them happy and doesn't mean harm to others, inflicting damage to yourself is... well, especially damage or scars that might be on you for the rest of your life... it's just basically the opposite of what according to evolution would make sense. Which would be keeping your body in the best possible shape. Harming yourself is the opposite.
It also seems to me that you can go easily too far in this matter. If I'd have a partner who'd enjoy harming herself this way, I'd be extremely worried. If it would be a sexual preference of some sort, I'd just shrug. But if it got nothing to do with that...

satstrn

I think youre just a badass. But seriously, you should talk to a therapist. That or learn how to box.

dean01

ive got scars all up and down my arms from cutting and i regret doing it but deep down i know ile do it again, but its when im deep in depression/manic state i cut myself as my therapist said its my way of dispursing the anger i have inside. some people smash things up or hit people but i cut myself . :(

Flanscho

Well, I don't know how old you are, Duzmiu, but if you are younger, then there is a good chance that this will change over the years, as the huge majority of people harming themselves are 21 or younger. Of course, the scars won't disappear.

Duzmiu

well its been happening for last 2 years and im 21 now so started when i was around 19. havent done it in a couple of months now(cutting anyway) i stopped as i was helping looking after a family friends children and running around sweating with trousers rubbing on a cut isnt very nice, i enjoyed the pain side of it but got paranoid someone would find out if i had stop every now and then to make sure it wasnt bleeding again and it made it very itchey.
i do still do some things like punching walls or wood, sometimes myself. even got my sister to hit me as a test, turns out i dont like being slapped lol

i was going to take up muay thai as i thought it might help but i have a lung problem so couldnt do it as i had to stop 3 times in a 1 hour session :/

i did go to a therapist person well i think it was a therapist, doctor recomended them to me but they was rubbish, when i said i was harming myself they didnt seem to care and he kept focusing on the fact i should tell my mother even tho i said several times i dont get on that well with my mother...got very angry in the end so after having ago at him i left and havent been back since.

Duzmiu

No way, I don´t like pain.

may i ask why you dont like it?

im wandering why i like it so much yet havent met anyone that does apart from one person but she liked it sexually and i dont get that kind of pleassure from it.

Lea

Banned
may i ask why you dont like it?

im wandering why i like it so much yet havent met anyone that does apart from one person but she liked it sexually and i dont get that kind of pleassure from it.

What a question :). Because it hurts, I don´t know how else to say it. It looks like our bodies are built differently..

laure15

Some people are into BDSM. I think the main character from 50 Shades of Grey is into this kind of thing.

Duzmiu

Some people are into BDSM. I think the main character from 50 Shades of Grey is into this kind of thing.

see i dont like it in that way, yea it feels good and i enjoy it but it dosent sexual arrouse me.

been thinking about it alot lately and started to think that the feeling i got from pain makes me feel alive, why i keep doing it is to keep myself feeling alive and to see what my mind and body can handle.....well thats what im thinking about it atm...could be wrong

Well i used to self harm, and i did it because i felt as if it was the only pain i cold control myself. Like even if i was being hurt by others, or things happening around me, i could control when i would hurt myself, and how much i would hurt myself. It was also sort of a way to remind myself that i was still living, and even if everything feels numb and worthless, i could still feel the pain of the cuts. Seriously though, you should go see another therapist, hopefully one that is actually focusing on you, and how to help you! Because it helps so much! xx