Does anybody feel relationships are crazy?

Jesushasomeoneforme

My girlfriend says she loves me. That makes me insecure. In my past girls have played and toyed with my emotions. telling me everything under the sun. most were all out lies. I have been so so so good to this woman. Yet,I feel like I can't give my best because of my mental illness. Mental illness makes romance relationships ten time harder to deal with. I'm insecure. It takes me about 2 years to get a date lol. I am a great guy,but women usually don't appreciate nice genuine guys. Case here a guy has been to jail a lot get hot girls. He treats them like dirt they can't stay away from this guy. Sounds like reverse psychology. If Ms. America treated me like dirt I'd leave. I want someone for life.

N0D

Banned
If Ms. America treated me like a king I'd leave, that'd be way to intimidating either way. So far in my life I've been in two real serious relationships and both times they turned out to be nothing but lies. 100% of the women I've been involved with have been liars. It's been almost four years since I got rid of the last liar and I still get cross when I think about it sometimes.

So to answer your question, yes I think relationships are crazy.

Lost Girl

My girlfriend says she loves me. That makes me insecure. In my past girls have played and toyed with my emotions. telling me everything under the sun. most were all out lies. I have been so so so good to this woman. Yet,I feel like I can't give my best because of my mental illness. Mental illness makes romance relationships ten time harder to deal with. I'm insecure. It takes me about 2 years to get a date lol. I am a great guy,but women usually don't appreciate nice genuine guys. Case here a guy has been to jail a lot get hot girls. He treats them like dirt they can't stay away from this guy. Sounds like reverse psychology. If Ms. America treated me like dirt I'd leave. I want someone for life.

I can understand what you mean when you say that mental illness can make relationships harder - this is true. How did you determine that what most of the girls have said to you about their feelings were lies? Emotions toward someone are exaggerated and not very stable or reliable at the start of any relationship I would say, but who is to say that what someone has said that they felt was real at the time that they said it?

Also, I don't really get what you're trying to say here, you start by saying relationships are crazy, yet the only thing you've mentioned about yours is that your girl said she loves you. Then you go onto to talk about your exes toying with you, then that you're a nice guy, and then, once again, as always, you finish up with how women love bad guys that go to jail.

Every time you make some sort of relationship thread, and you do it often, for some reason you feel as though you just need to mention that 'guys who go to jail treat their girls like garbage and girls love them, while nice guys like me get nothing', I honestly have to wonder if you're trolling and creating threads like this to stir up people as some form of entertainment for yourself. You have made the same statement about these 'hot girls and jail guys' countless times, please stop.

Kiwong

I think that relationships increase life's complications exponentially. My life's pretty good other than I can't relate too people. Hell, I can barely talk to anyone anymore. The best time of the day is when I shut the door of my unit on the dysfunctional world of people outside.

My boyfriend says he loves me and I'm a very insecure person so yes, I do often second-guess him and always over analyze to figure out if he's telling the truth. But the difference from your situation and mine is, that I trust him about not deceiving and lying to me. I know he won't. i think it's because I always carefully choose my partners. So getting to know him and later when we got closer, I understood he was not the kind of person who would deceive, lie, cheat, etc. I always carefully choose my partners (usually with high values for moral standard). People sometimes don't do that and end up being hurt by their partner, in my opinion. Also, my boyfriend said once to me: "All the girls I know are such drama queens." and he also talked about how every previous relationship he had, he was being cheated on. And I couldn't believe that. Because I mostly know people who are genuine, supportive and super nice and probably wouldn't cheat. So I guess it also depends on the people you are surrounded by and choose to hang out with or date.

Good luck to everyone who's in a relationship and who's still looking for one. :)

Felgen

Congrats on having a girlfriend. :) She stays with you and says that she loves you. This means that you have something to offer that she loves.

fife_girl

the last girl i was seeing told me she loved me after she met me 3 times!!... she hardly knew me and i backed right of end ended it gently. most gay ppl i met rush far to quick into relationships, id rather meet someone and take it slowly rather that declair my love after 3 days together!!

i hope i wasnt over reacting?

what do you guys think? :S

Sinar_Matahari

Jesushasoneforme, weren't you complaining not too long ago that you were lonely or that you couldn't get a girlfriend? Please correct me if I'm wrong. I've seen so many of those types of threads that I'm probably confused. I do understand what it's like to be insecure while in a relationship so I can see where you're coming from. In my case, I sometimes let my past experiences haunt me. I figured that since I wasn't good enough for one person that must mean that I won't be good enough for anyone else, and that's when I start not being good enough for myself. Again, this happens if I let my insecurities get to me otherwise I'm fine.

I can't be comfortable with a person unless I am certain that they really like, want or care for me and it could take me a long time to realize. I have my pride and I have my insecurity. When I've been on my own, I've had my insecurities, but I find that I am at my most confident and happy. I am good enough for myself on my own. The one relationship in which I felt super confident in was when in my last year of high school. Every time my ex looked at me I could tell that he thought I was amazing, and he wasn't afraid to show it. I also thought he was gorgeous and openly let him know it. I remember that some years before we dated, both my friend and I were interested in him. Of course, she was so gorgeous that I didn't think he would be interested in me at all. When she was around, no one gave me the time of day. ::p: My other friend had asked him whether he would go out with my beautiful friend and he had told her that he liked me instead. Years later, he told me. Unfortunately, we were way too different and he didn't know the real me. Eventually, he moved and that was that. Come to think about it...I wouldn't want to be with him now. I don't mean that as an offense to him, but we would have clashed eventually. Sorry, I was reminiscing there for a moment. ::p:

Back to business. I've come to learn that some of us are often not ready to be in a healthy relationship. Not until we overcome our problems. Loneliness sometimes gets the best of us and we end up in a relationship and then ruin it with our insecurity. What is the point of being in a relationship if we think or fear that we're living in past failed relationships? It's might be a struggle, but if you can't separate your past relationships from your current one then you'd be better off ending the relationship.

I don't think relationships are crazy. Relationships don't run us, we run them (sometimes to the ground).

Last edited:
U

userremoved

Holy smokes dude! Congrats on the whole loving girlfriend thing. Tell Jesus to put in a good word for me too. :D

fitftw

this is why.......**** relationships.

You treat them well, they treat you like **** and leave you.
You treat them like ****, that's also unhealthy, it becomes just sex to you.

**** relationships.