Does anybody else feel embarrassed to be human?

SadSally

Sometimes I look at people and myself and I think "what is the point of this life? We are just overly glorified animals."
When I think about how the human body works I just feel weird, like it is not right and it makes me uncomfortable. You know, everybody has an ****, genitals, mucus, bones, blood, organs and other stuff. It just makes me feel :thinking::eek::eek:mg
I don't like being seen as a real human being. Like when I go to the dentist and he talks about my tongue or gums. Or if I fall over I don't like to say that it hurts because it will make me seen like an actual person.
I feel the same about emotions. Talking about my goals and feelings make me feel weird too.
I don't know how to explain what I mean. But does anybody else feel like this?

PugofCrydee

You want to know how I got these scars?
No I'm not embarrassed to be human. I'm embarrassed at the things we as a species do and how stupid we are, but I also feel a sense of despair at what could be - yet I have a feeling will never be.

We are capable of great things and have already proven that. Yet we are an aggressive species in general and are doomed to repeat the mistakes of the past.
In a physical sense, no I'm not embarrassed either.

State_Of_Trance

I think I partially grasp what you're saying.

Take emotions for example. Hate, love, happiness, sadness -- they're all different configurations of synapses and electrical impulses in your brain. Why is love "better" than hate? Or happiness "better" than sadness? At the atomic or sub-atomic level, they're all pretty similar.

The same goes for all reality. Puppies, rocks, babies, cows -- that's an awful lot of protons, electrons, and neutrons.

Is that kind of what you're thinking? Weird -- but interesting -- stuff.

Megaten

I'm embarrassed at what society as a whole prioritizes as important (territory, race, sex etc), but not being human in itself. Yeah we're animals but animals are pretty awesome. We're all very complex, reproducing, organic machines basically.

Sacrament

I mean, might as well embrace what and who you are, even with all the gross stuff. You're denying and neglecting yourself otherwise.

Last edited:

jd_om

That weird feeling when you talk or think about goals and emotions is because all of those things are not actually you, and you feel that suddenly or gradually.

What we have been taught as "life" is in fact the illusion most faiths describe. We destroy ourselves, our true frame of mind and each others peace.

What you are starting to experience is that you are different from the rest, and therefore don't want to be judged with them.

Only when you are free from that judgement of yourself, and others will you actually experience the psychological freedom you are alluding to.

TheNomad

I used to feel similar feelings, yes. So I can relate.

What would you rather be like, you can ask yourself ? Like a spiritual being where you can sense the world, but not have the devices that enables you to sense the world? That doesn't exist, if you did not have the organs etc. then you would not be even asking these questions. And hating being human is actually a pretty human trait, one that occurs I think, after shameful events.

I think that these kinds of emotions arise because of the bull**** ethics and similar things we were taught as a child. Basically, the child is punished because he/she does what the body tells it to do. Not just by parents, by the culture itself. When we realize we are just animals, and we are, then that hurts us because we were taught natural behaviors are bad.

Thankfully, I am a goose.

jPQGJkb.png

I am NOT WEIRD

Zooman

Sometimes I look at people and myself and I think "what is the point of this life? We are just overly glorified animals."
When I think about how the human body works I just feel weird, like it is not right and it makes me uncomfortable. You know, everybody has an ****, genitals, mucus, bones, blood, organs and other stuff. It just makes me feel :thinking::eek::eek:mg
I don't like being seen as a real human being. Like when I go to the dentist and he talks about my tongue or gums. Or if I fall over I don't like to say that it hurts because it will make me seen like an actual person.
I feel the same about emotions. Talking about my goals and feelings make me feel weird too.
I don't know how to explain what I mean. But does anybody else feel like this?

Alright I decided to respond to this thread after some time...To answer your question, no i am not embarrassed to be human at all. We are human because we have achieved a level of consciousness that other animals don't have. Because of this we are able to create and do good. That is what i believe makes us human. It is when we lose our humanity and act like animals that things go to shit. This is the main reason why having SA sucks so ****ing bad. SA tends to take away our humanity by not allowing us to be ourselves when we are around others.

Last edited:
Emotions are a vital and wonderful part of being human. They are our interaction with the world.
They protect us, spur us into action, thrill us, enthuse us, connect us, amuse us, uplift us or
cast us down. They give life flavor and variety
and hey are neither good nor bad in themselves.