Do you think you have a "good" sense of humour?

Lexington

Banned
You often see on profiles "has good sense of humour". I wonder what that really means. I guess we all like to think we are not too serious. Can laugh at life and ourselves.
There seems to be different senses of humour too. Example British versus American. Only generalising I know. My father (British) loved Monty Python. I guess I was influenced by him. And yeah I like to think I have a good sense of humour.:eek: John Cleese still makes me laugh! But what is funny to some is NOT funny to others. Know what I mean?:cool:

What is "funny" is relative, just as being "normal" is relative. I think that means that when a person says that they have a good sense of humor, that would be relative as well. I've met people who claim to be funny, but I find them dry. People always tell me that I'm funny, but I know people who don't find me the least bit hilarious. :) To answer your question, I have no frakkin idea. ;)

doubtmyself

Banned
Black Adder was amazing. I guess that's my sense of humor and good enough for me.

I never got into Black Adder. Used to like Mr. Bean but gradually tired of him. Some older classics I liked were Ronnie Barker and Fawlty Towers.

Last edited:

doubtmyself

Banned
What is "funny" is relative, just as being "normal" is relative. I think that means that when a person says that they have a good sense of humor, that would be relative as well. I've met people who claim to be funny, but I find them dry. People always tell me that I'm funny, but I know people who don't find me the least bit hilarious. :) To answer your question, I have no frakkin idea. ;)

I guess the avatar says something about your sense of humour.;)

hidwell

I think the British have the best sense of humour. With shows like The Office, Extras with Rick Gervais famous for his cringe humour. And then the classics like Vicar of Dibley, George and Mildred and Porridge. Rule Brittania lol

GhastlyCC

People have told me that i'm funny.
But I tend to stay away from making jokes.
As I don't like attention to be on me and I'm overly concerned with if they will laugh or not.

SilentBird

I think the British have the best sense of humour. With shows like The Office, Extras with Rick Gervais famous for his cringe humour. And then the classics like Vicar of Dibley, George and Mildred and Porridge. Rule Brittania lol

Karl Pilkington is hilarious.

Shyangel

I do it on purpose. There's nothing more satisfying than being funny and people wondering if you are being serious or not.

Haha! I agree with this.
That's one of the best forms of entertainment.:D

My sense of humor...

I have very dry humor. People think I'm angry all the time. Also, if you can't laugh at yourself, we will likely have a problem. I tease alot....You have to have a sense of humor for my sense of humor.:D

Lexington

Banned

Porridge is a classic. i remember the scene where they are asked to give a urine sample. Fletcher standing straight with the others about 2 metrers away from the vials asks...."What...from here?"