Do you take everything personal?

ikbenrifi

I tend to take everything personal, even sometimes ridiculous things like going to the grocery store and not being smiled to, or not said hello to !
can anyone relate to this ?

Canis lupus

In some cases, yes. For example when they attack smokers or people who drive to fast in the media or when the Flemish are again being discriminated by the Walloons, I will be pissed off for the rest of the day because I see it as a personal attack.

Hoppy

I used to. Fortunately my common sense and age turned me into a very tolerant person.

Next time you felt somebody did something to you, just try and remember that you probably did the same thing to someone else.

when the Flemish are again being discriminated by the Walloons,

And somewhere just now there is a Walloon being discriminated by the Flemish.

Last edited:

MikeyC

I used to take things a lot more personally. I am not too bad now, but there are still times when I think random events are about me because I was there or at fault somehow.

Ignace

And somewhere just now there is a Walloon being discriminated by the Flemish.

Not in the media ... French political guy, don't ask me his name, has called the Flemish selfish, egocentric and a list of other things, without excusing himself afterwards.

psych

I can't, & if I did, my job would quickly break me of that habit.

It's a good idea to try not to. I don't think most people worry about how they're affecting others, unless they've got a good reason to think of it.