do you respect

mrb

your elders :) i do they have lived longer than us , lived a full life know more than us , some old bloke said to me once when your old people just ignore you and think your stupid ... i said i dont sir , he just laughed and said sir sir , well your one of the rare once that show us a little respect ... made me feel quite good actually :)

mads

If they respect me I do but I dont respect older people who thinks they know everything and has all kinds of "rights"

johnny 85

your elders :) i do they have lived longer than us , lived a full life know more than us , some old bloke said to me once when your old people just ignore you and think your stupid ... i said i dont sir , he just laughed and said sir sir , well your one of the rare once that show us a little respect ... made me feel quite good actually :)

of course m8y, i respect you :D

NathanielWingatePeaslee

Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn!
Staff member
of course m8y, i respect you :D
Yeah, everyone here respects you. :D

I look at it pretty much the same way I do people much younger than me. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and be polite, but I'll need to hear them talk a bit before I decide if they have a clue. Wisdom doesn't always come with age, and not every kid is clueless either.

Mikefly

People do ignore them and think they're stupid for the most part but actually they know a ton more than anyone else it's just not always obvious.

mrb

Yeah, everyone here respects you. :D

I look at it pretty much the same way I do people much younger than me. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and be polite, but I'll need to hear them talk a bit before I decide if they have a clue. Wisdom doesn't always come with age, and not every kid is clueless either.

no thats just you the clueless part :D:D i await a smart asse reply :rolleyes: dont dissapoint me now lol

Noca

Banned
My elders are so old and out of date that nothing they have to say has any value in today's world.

NathanielWingatePeaslee

Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn!
Staff member
A smart ass? Me?!?
angel05.gif

I am both shocked and offended at this accusation!

I show respect to those who show me respect.

Of corse i show my granny and grandad all the respect in the world because their my angels :p

but mrb, yes i respect you ya old fart!! ;) lol!!

mrb

I show respect to those who show me respect.

Of corse i show my granny and grandad all the respect in the world because their my angels :p

but mrb, yes i respect you ya old fart!! ;) lol!!

:eek: gazza farts in your face :D thats for the old fart comment lol

dooby-duck

I tend to give respect to everyone until I'm given a reason not to. I think that respect is something that is earned and not to be expected by someone just because they are older.It's the same in conversation, if their tone is friendly that is what I will give back. There are plenty of old people who don't deserve my respect as well as people of any age.

mads

I tend to give respect to everyone until I'm given a reason not to. I think that respect is something that is earned and not to be expected by someone just because they are older.It's the same in conversation, if their tone is friendly that is what I will give back. There are plenty of old people who don't deserve my respect as well as people of any age.

Excactly! I agree 100%

Hellhound

Super Moderator
I respect people, despite their age, ONLY if they respect me. If they come up with the sh*t excuse of "I'm older than you therefore you must respect me because i have the powah!1!oneone" i'll tell them to GTFO. I can't tolerate people who think they have some sort of right just because they're older.

Noca

Banned

I couldnt have said it any better.

Predacon

I believe you respect to some degree, but from my experience just because someone is older then you doesn't necessarily make them more competant or better. I've seen plenty of stupid old people.

mrb

I believe you respect to some degree, but from my experience just because someone is older then you doesn't necessarily make them more competant or better. I've seen plenty of stupid old people.

:eek: are you talking about me :eek: