Do you percieve yourself as ugly?

MrTornado

And if so, how badly does it effect you? Do you feel this limits your life in any way? I have times when I percieve myself as ugly, then a girl comes along and flirts with me (smile/touching) and I feel a little better, but it doesn't last for very long.

Yup I perceive myself this way quite a bit. It usually makes me stop myself from opportunities to socialize, or when I did socialize I would end up feeling completely inferior and unnoticed by people in the group.
I'm reading a self-esteem workbook at the minute to try and get rid of that feeling, because I know now that that's just in my head, or at least part of it is. It involves things like every time you pass a mirror finding six things that are good about yourself, even if it's just you have eyes and feet that work well, and not thinking anything negative about how you look. Also things like making lists of your strengths and weaknesses so you can see yo're a worthy person who has flaws like everyone else and strengths like everyone else.
I think feeling ugly is a lot to do with the way you feel about yourself inside aswell.

Sad-Kitten

Yes i do feel that way sometimes :? Thats why i'm trying to work out and make some progress forward.

Yes, I think about it all the time and it makes me hate myself more. I feel even more ugly when I'm out in public and people can see me. I constantly compare myself to other girls, which just makes me feel worse. It's hard to socialize with people when you feel like an ogre.

faithnomore

Banned
MrTornado said:
And if so, how badly does it effect you? Do you feel this limits your life in any way? I have times when I percieve myself as ugly, then a girl comes along and flirts with me (smile/touching) and I feel a little better, but it doesn't last for very long.

It affects me badly. I only have a few good experiences every once in a while.

Because i cant get a partner, i feel like crap. I dont feel good about myself, unless i am loved.

MrTornado

Well, at least I'm not the only one that thinks this way--not that I would wish this feeling on anyone, but...it's nice to know I'm not alone I guess.

Strange thing is, I've been told I'm good-looking "very cute, sexy" whatever, but it did NOTHING to boost my confidence, I think I need professional intervention, lol! :lol:

sadday

When I am home alone and I look in the mirror I think to myself "I'm kind of pretty" but then when I go out in public I feel really ugly. I always walk with my head down and never make eye contact with anyone because I feel like I look like a freak.

I get compliments from guys a lot saying how pretty I am and it actually makes me even more insecure. Makes me want to go hide under a rock. I feel like they are not being sincere and they just say it because they pity me. I don't know compliments just make me really uncomfortable.

Naniwazu

I don't perceive myself as ugly, I AM ugly :( (but I'm okay with my appearance though; I have no problem with it)

YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES. I'm sorry to be like super annoying but it affects me soooo badly. I don't believe that anyone could ever like me because of it, or so much more. I don't even know what I'm saying here. I hate it, I can't stand it, it drives me crazy. I'm obsessed obsessed obsessed. I perceive myself as like the freakin' ugliest thing there is. I hate it soooooo much. It affects everything about me, and it's probably the one thing in my life I need to fix more than anything else.

I don't want to go outside, because people can see me. I want to hide my face. I feel like everyone is staring at me. I can't stand looking at myself, and everytime I do I look at how disgusting I am. I spend hours and hours staring and looking at everything that is horribly wrong with me. I hate the way I look. I hate the way I look. Hate it. I want plastic surgery. I want more than anything to fix my faults. I know that I am way over-reacting, but it's hard to change the way I feel. I would give absolutely anything to have a pretty face.

I really really really really hate to sound so so shallow, but it's just it seems so important in this world. I wish it wasn't, oh I really wish it wasn't. I can't help it, and I hate myself for it. It just hurts to see all these people only caring about appearance. It's almost everything. I would love to just accept looking this way, but I just can't do it. I for sure would for other people, but for some reason not myself. HATE IT!!! My mind is completely twisted but this is how I truely see things. I know it's wrong but it feels so right. Ugh!!!!!

And WOW sorry for being sooo obnoxious, just had to get that all out.

Aw psychedelicious, that's horrible :( *hugs*
I know that it's a pretty useless thing for me to say, but honestly you're gorgeous! From your pics you look like you're bloody perfect :p

fearlessvenom

yes, i cant thinkof asingle redeming quality about my appearance
and Psychedelicious i dont know whereu got the idea tht u are ugly, cause seriously i've seen some pictures tht u've posted and u are a very attractive girl,.

MrTornado

well psyche, ther are plenty of very attractive women that percieve themselves as ugly, and you've had many compliments about your looks from members of this forum...so I won't add mine to them, as that would be redundant lol :wink:

I think social isolation plays alot with our heads, and can even mess up our perception of our appearences, which can be drastically different than what is in reality.

I KNOW I've been stared at by women b/c they find me attractive, but my dumbass self is just too ignorant to go over and approach them. Even when they approach ME, I act like an idiot b/c I am obsessing over my looks!

enmascarado

[[Delete]]

edit again...okay psych, i'm sure you'll never see this since i'm editing it so late. anyways, you really are gorgeous and i wish you could see that. i hate my appearance too, but enough about me. i hope you can see yourself clearly someday.

Last edited: