Do you love the weather

PugofCrydee

You want to know how I got these scars?
Sometimes I love the weather so much.
It gets stinking hot where I live (up to 46 degrees Celsius) for weeks at a time through summer - that's the only weather I don't like.Seeing as I have to work in the heat it makes me dislike it all the more.

But I love it when storms roll through, I love it when it gets cooler and windy.
Sometimes certain weather will bring back memories of being a kid and experiencing similar weather. I love being on a beach as rough weather comes through..watching the waves crash onto shore, feeling the wind, cold against my cheeks.

Sometimes when I'm having a down day, I'll walk up to the base of the mountain ranges where I live, it will be cold, maybe raining, the cold weather bites at my skin as I walk but I don't really feel it because I'm hurting inside.
I'm not sure why, but this makes me feel a little better.

What's your favorite weather, and why? :)

PerseverareJasmine

I've lived in Texas since I was about 6, so I guess I should be used to the mostly hot weather here, but I can't stand it. My favorite kind of weather is when it is cool outside (not intensely cold though) and there is a gentle breeze blowing. If there is a slight drizzle along with the coolness outside and the breeze, I love it even more.

I also like thunderstorms, except for the fact that they make my dog freak out of course. I like hearing the thunder and listening to the rain falling, and somehow the strong wind blowing during storms is soothing to me.

MikeyC

As a fellow Australian, I can attest to the scorching heat of summer, but I do like most forms of weather (although gusty winds are not good unless it's at night). I even like hail, haha.

I've been enjoying the cooler weather lately, but pretty soon it'll be back to Sweatville. ::p:

EDIT: Thunderstorms are magnificent. I love watching the streaks of lightning and the booming noises of thunder. We don't get nearly enough of them for my liking!

PugofCrydee

As a fellow Australian, I can attest to the scorching heat of summer, but I do like most forms of weather (although gusty winds are not good unless it's at night). I even like hail, haha.

I've been enjoying the cooler weather lately, but pretty soon it'll be back to Sweatville. ::p:

EDIT: Thunderstorms are magnificent. I love watching the streaks of lightning and the booming noises of thunder. We don't get nearly enough of them for my liking!

Yea I hear ya Mikey.
Summer is cool, but when it's too hot to go to the beach...ya know its just a little too warm :bigsmile:

PugofCrydee

I've lived in Texas since I was about 6, so I guess I should be used to the mostly hot weather here, but I can't stand it. My favorite kind of weather is when it is cool outside (not intensely cold though) and there is a gentle breeze blowing. If there is a slight drizzle along with the coolness outside and the breeze, I love it even more.

I also like thunderstorms, except for the fact that they make my dog freak out of course. I like hearing the thunder and listening to the rain falling, and somehow the strong wind blowing during storms is soothing to me.

Ahh...the joy of gentle wind and cool drizzle..I love that so much :thumbup:

drganon

Personally, my favorite type of weather is rain. In North Carolina, we don't get as much as I like. I'd probably prefer to live in Oregon or Washington State, where it rains pretty often. I can't stand how hot and humid it is here somedays.

PerseverareJasmine

Personally, my favorite type of weather is rain. In North Carolina, we don't get as much as I like. I'd probably prefer to live in Oregon or Washington State, where it rains pretty often. I can't stand how hot and humid it is here somedays.

I can't stand humidity either. It makes me feel all sticky and gross.

OceanMist

About 63 degrees with a slight breeze would be ideal in my state of Kansas. Sunny.

I love weather. Love thunderstorms, tornadoes, hurricanes, blizzards, you name it.

I have wanted to be a storm chaser since i was about high school age. It's weird because I'm shy, I know, you'd think i would be terrified of that.I used to be scared of thunderstorms, lightning particularly. I've never seen a twister, i would like to see many of those if I could.

PugofCrydee

About 63 degrees with a slight breeze would be ideal in my state of Kansas. Sunny.

I love weather. Love thunderstorms, tornadoes, hurricanes, blizzards, you name it.

I have wanted to be a storm chaser since i was about high school age. It's weird because I'm shy, I know, you'd think i would be terrified of that.I used to be scared of thunderstorms, lightning particularly. I've never seen a twister, i would like to see many of those if I could.

Omg storm chasing would be so awesome!
One of the things I have on my bucket list is to one day travel to the U.S and hire a professional storm chaser and see a tornado.

The funny thing is, we had a pretty severe storm where I live one day, I seriously thought the roof of my house was going to get blown off lol.
Scared the pants off me :)

Last edited:

fate12321

It's 88 degrees Fahrenheit today. It's not that bad compared to the temperature on Monday. I can't say that I love the weather where I'm living at, I just wish it would be more windy or cloudy.

PugofCrydee

It's 88 degrees Fahrenheit today. It's not that bad compared to the temperature on Monday. I can't say that I love the weather where I'm living at, I just wish it would be more windy or cloudy.

88 far/31 celc
That not bad :thumbup: Good beach walking weather, early morning bike riding weather etc. Does it get much hotter where you live?
Yea I hear a lot of people complain when it gets windy. But I love it!
Each to their own I guess :)

fate12321

88 far/31 celc
That not bad :thumbup: Good beach walking weather, early morning bike riding weather etc. Does it get much hotter where you live?
Yea I hear a lot of people complain when it gets windy. But I love it!
Each to their own I guess :)

The temperature varies during the summer. Right now it's 99 degrees Fahrenheit. There's literally no clouds. One thing that I hate about this heat is that every time I get in my car, I have to leave the doors open for a while just to get that heat trapped inside out. If I get in, the heat will suffocate me. There's also reports on the news that tells parents to take precaution with their kids and not to let them stay inside the car by themselves. According to the weather report, tomorrow should be in the 100's. So yeah I'm definitely not looking forward for tomorrow.

WeirdyMcGee

This summer, I'm not very fond of the weather...

We only get 7 solid weeks where the bay is warm enough for swimming, normally-- but the temperature has been freakishly low for August, so the bay is already cooling down and too cold to swim in. T_T

Spring.
You still get cool mornings and it does not get too hot during the middle of the day.
Heat and humidity makes my anger rise substantially. Makeup is my security mask and sweating so much can make it come off.:sad:

PugofCrydee

The temperature varies during the summer. Right now it's 99 degrees Fahrenheit. There's literally no clouds. One thing that I hate about this heat is that every time I get in my car, I have to leave the doors open for a while just to get that heat trapped inside out. If I get in, the heat will suffocate me.

Yea I know what u mean. It can be like sitting inside an oven::eek::
I remember in December last year we had 2 weeks straight of 45 Celsius. I was in Adelaide at a beach house for the first week of it, but it was too hot to go to the beach. Sitting on the balcony after the sun went down watching the people walk by was cool, but even then at night it was soo hot!

I went home to a raging bushfire in the hills near my home...that fire lasted for a month, and 3 times the fire front came within 1 kilometer of my house :eek:

So... I don't like summer either :bigsmile: