do you keep a journal / diary / blog?

• yes

Votes: 11 68.8%
  • no

Votes: 5 31.3%

• Total voters

Lea

Banned
Not always, only on some travels. Especially once it turned out to be almost a book. But I really don´t do it anymore, because there is no use to it anyway.

Ashiene

I would hate to keep a diary of my personal life. I would probably have only bad things to write, like ranting about my social anxiety and feeling moody all the time. Even worse would be when someone finds my diary and reads everything I've written, then tells everyone else about it. That's why I don't keep any diary/journal/blog of my life.

lettypagb

yeah , i have lots of journals , i started doing journals when i had friends , and they liked to read stuffs i wrote , so i made a journal , and since them i never stoped , somebody would always find them , and was really embarassing , but i still have one , that is the best one so far , and ill try to keep it.

danstelter

Absolutely a yes for me! I have kept a detailed one and have found it very helpful! For those of us who are entrepreneurs and are excited about the idea of monetizing our experiences, it may not be a bad idea to start an online blog or sell an e-book! Just be sure you edit and keep certain information confidential so that no one ends up being hurt by your actions!

Ashiene

I've kept a diary since I was like 10 years old. But my diary entries didn't start to sound depressing until I was 14. When I was 15 I remember coming from school one day and seeing like 4 of my diary entries sitting on top of my dresser (I'd sometimes write it on a sheet of paper and I always kept it inside of my drawer). Needless to say, I was hysterical! lol. I later found out my brother had went into my drawer looking for money; he claimed he didn't read it. I didn't believe him though. I went to school the next day STILL crying about it lol. I'm a VERY secretive person, so to have somebody know my most inner thoughts was just... gut-wrenching. Instead of writting my diary entries on paper, I now write them on my computer and just save it to my thumb drive (you'd have to know my password to read it). Maybe you should just do that.

i think i'll start today :)

I started a private blog several months ago, and every once in a while I'll remember it and start updating again. It's hard for me to stay motivated about anything.

I write on my computer too. And I used to encrypt it so that you'd need a password to see it. But one day I'm like screw it, I shouldn't be ashamed of people seeing the real me - I've been acting my whole life. So I stopped going great lengths to hide it.

My thoughts about journals is that social phobics spend so much time worrying / thinking about the past and future so much that it's kind of a waste to not write some of it down don't you think? Also it's good way to get something off your chest when you've got no one to listen to ur problems.

Ashiene

hmm. now that i think of it, this website is like my diary LOL cos i write alot of stuff about my life here....

nico82

I keep a journal but I don't write in it as often as I should. It does help to vent.

IceLad

I've been keeping a written one for years, but I'm seriously starting to think about giving it up now.

In the last couple of years I've felt compelled to start going into more and more detail which takes up more and more of my time, and makes the whole process too much of a chore.

kuhtreen

I started keeping a journal when I was 11, right when I developed my social phobia. That's when I started getting all of the negative, self-loathing thoughts and I needed a place to write them all out. I still have the same journal and I'm almost done with it now. I'll be sad when I use the last page..

rado31

no, i dont have diary, but i have some kind of a journal , on social networking site (hi5). Anyway, i started journal there, because i m not even sure that people in hi5 know how to write, read, or think lol...

it is easier to me to speak to non-excisting crowd, rather than to non-understaning living individual ... a bit sociopath maybe, but what sociopath is? humans , including me, are above language, word, or categorization

anomicdeer

I started keeping a journal when I was 11, right when I developed my social phobia. That's when I started getting all of the negative, self-loathing thoughts and I needed a place to write them all out. I still have the same journal and I'm almost done with it now. I'll be sad when I use the last page..

I thought I had mine for a long time. I use the last page this year and I had the same one since, maybe... oh it was only about 2 or 3 years.

dtrotter

Yeah, i do keep a diary when i was 6-18, until my mom read my diary without my permission, i stopped writing one.