Do you have trouble driving/learning to drive because of SA?

mndigi

Hi,
Do you have trouble learning to drive/driving because of social consciousness?

Sometimes I can barely even walk because of my social consciousness. For example, sometimes my posture becomes stiff as I am too conscious to even look left or right. When I look back on it, there have been many times when I escaped being smashed by a speeding vehicle because of my not looking left or right while walking on the road. I don't know how to drive and I am considering learning it. But under these circumstances I don't know how I will handle a car! With the narrow escapes that I have had while doing something instinctive like walking, how will manage to consciously drive!

Rise Against

Hi,
Sometimes I can barely even walk because of my social consciousness. For example, sometimes my posture becomes stiff as I am too conscious to even look left or right.

Thats how i am too, my movements get really jerky and spastic, same with when i write.

TheNewZero

I love to drive! And I'm really awkward when I walk too. I think its because the car is sort of your own personal place. That and I'm really good at it lol. No, you should give driving a shot because its so much different from walking and it gives you a bit more freedom. It almost makes me want to go to the grocery store sometimes just so I can get in the car.

I like driving too- I'm even more aggressive/assertive when driving than I am in real life. It's like when I'm in a car I can be somebody else.

dottie

if you won't even turn your head to check and see if a car is coming to cross the street (are you suicidal?) i question if you should be driving. you will have to turn your head to check for traffic all the time- to change lanes, to drive through intersections, you always need to look to see where other cars are in relation to yours. if you don't turn your head to check for oncoming traffic you can kill someone. if you can get over that then give it a try. otherwise you do not belong on the road.

SickJoke

Hi,
Do you have trouble learning to drive/driving because of social consciousness?

Sometimes I can barely even walk because of my social consciousness. For example, sometimes my posture becomes stiff as I am too conscious to even look left or right. When I look back on it, there have been many times when I escaped being smashed by a speeding vehicle because of my not looking left or right while walking on the road. I don't know how to drive and I am considering learning it. But under these circumstances I don't know how I will handle a car! With the narrow escapes that I have had while doing something instinctive like walking, how will manage to consciously drive!

Open your eyes and pay attention. That's it. If you're not prepared to open your eyes and pay attention, don't get behind the wheel.

Errordotocx

I find driving very easy and I always have. Even though I never got my license until I was 19, it has still never been hard. Other than driving in areas I don't know all that well, driving is like second nature now.

Noca

Banned
Been driving for the past 6 years and it doesnt bother me. I used to be afraid to get lost but now I have my $800 GPS and it tells me where to go effortlessly.

Errordotocx

Been driving for the past 6 years and it doesnt bother me. I used to be afraid to get lost but now I have my $800 GPS and it tells me where to go effortlessly.

Yeah, not gonna lie. Having a GPS is so nice...too bad it's my parents and I don't get to use it very often lol.