Do you have more online friends than offline ones?

lilly354

I started doing this myself. When I realized a lot of people were just forgetting me or just using me.. I started speaking with people online. I have a few really good friendships with people online. We talk almost every day too. It is nice. We both share what is going on and give each other advice. Two of them are friends with each other too so we sometimes do group chats.

Do you have more online friends than offline ones?

FountainandFairfax

in a VAN down by the RIVER
I have one friend and a cousin I hang out with, though I barely see that friend now.

Online I just have acquaintances, I had too many bad experiences getting close to internet folk in the past.

I mostly keep the online peeps at a distance days.

lily

i have more online friends than offline but i set up a day to go out w/ a friend to the garden when it gets to spring, summer, fall

I do, yes. We meet up in RL but we mostly communicate online because we either don't live in the same city/country or we have different schedules. I don't have many friends that I've met online and kept it only online, though.

oNecoOlazN

I could make some online friends..before i had a couple veryyyyy close ones...but i guess ppl drift away as time goes by

....Online I just have acquaintances, I had too many bad experiences getting close to internet folk in the past.....
^It is very sad to hear that, Fountain. :sad:
Of course no one deserves bad experiences online, but someone as kind as you deserves that the least !

I don't have any friends in real life - and haven't for a long time now - so yes, the only online friend I have is more than I have in real life, lol.
Having a fear of getting close to people doesn't help the situation. :eek:h:

FriendlyShadow

I have no friends in real life. Somehow, I seem to be better communicating with people online, probably because I don't have as much trouble putting my thoughts into words. I have terrible communication skills when I'm actually talking to somebody one on one (or in a group). I've also noticed that when you're on a forum/site that you and everyone else can relate to, you're more able to share your feelings with that person.

Last edited:

PeterO

Yes, definitely. I am much more comfortable in print than in person (I'm a writer/editor for a living). A lot of my online friends are people I met back in college or in a class/performance and who I "talk" to much more now than I did then.

cappatown420

My last friendship was when I was 20, 29 now. I have 1 online friend but he talks to me, too much and sometimes I get really annoyed.

johndoe54

My last friendship was when I was 20, 29 now. I have 1 online friend but he talks to me, too much and sometimes I get really annoyed.

I had one online friend who wanted to talk far too much. Everytime I wanted to go she always said don't go, even when it 2am and i wanted to go to sleep. I am glad we are not in touch anymore and it has put me off being friends with someone online.

I don't have any friends, online or otherwise, i used to speak to 'friends' online a lot but it turned out they weren't to be trusted so i haven't really spoken to anyone 1 to 1 online since

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

dezzy94

funny i have 4955 friends and 2010 followers on facebook LOL
Friends what are friends when u have no one offline LOL

desery

I am just scared talking with people online too. Scared to get judged. Because I know I'm not that good in communicating. I did try to chat before with few people but I'm just not good at it.

Now I'm not into chatting with people.
But I do have 1 friend only to chat with.
I just wonder how is it like to have the ability to talk to all people like normal people can do.🙁🙂

desery

I can initiate friendship online better than in person. Actually I found my best friend online. But I don't know why I can't just find more although I said I can initiate a conversation online. Maybe I just don't trust that much or maybe I don't want more interactions. I think if I really want a friend now, I can just chat one and already have a good conversation but I guess I am not just into it now, maybe I am thinking about other things in life. It's been a long time now without having a new friend since I had my last one. Maybe I just really want to be alone and do something else like scrolling through social media, watching YouTube and just do anything alone. though I have one good friend now and I feel like he is enough already. but if another friend would be available then it will be good as well but as for now it seems like I can't get more friend anytime soon although I hope to have more in the future. :)