Do you have a job?

KiaKaha

Banned
No, but I make most of my income on the net. I am a qualified programmer and network administrator, but I am not employed per se... I am trying to avoid the inevitable for as long as possible.

Steve23

I just recently worked as a research assistant at my university. I was mostly responsible for doing historical research and maintaining an online archival database where I received, processed and abstracted hundreds of documents. Really mundane and boring work but it was extremely flexible and perfect for my SA. I worked in a basement office where social contact was extremely limited. I had my own keys to the office and building so I could come in and do my hours when I wanted. I wouldn't see my employer for sometimes weeks on end, didn't have any co-workers, and communication was mostly through email. T'was pretty nice :D.

Meisiemel

I never worked, except for my father, just doing typing and filing and, horror-of-horrors: answering the phone and taking messages. A couple of years ago I did a correspondence course in pet-grooming but I can't do it professionally until I get a certain amount of practical experience. There lies the problem - I'm supposed to go to animal shelters and ask if I can practice on the dogs and cats there.I still haven't been able to get up the courage to do that. I'm also supposed to spend about 3 months at a grooming salon doing stuff like sweeping the floor and observing the groomers at work. I don't think I'm ever going to be able to approach a salon-owner about that, so I'm hoping to make money with blogging so I can attend a grooming college where you get the practical training. I wish I'd known 30 years ago that there was such a college near where I lived.I always wanted to be a dog groomer but the thought of having to talk to dog-owners and the other groomers put me off.I thought the only way was to start as an apprentice and there was no way I could go into a salon and ask about that.My only hope of making money is online but there are so many scams it's not easy to find genuine things. Blogging is probably the best thing but it's not easy to decide what subject to blog about.
One of my facebook friends who has social phobia works at the post office and she constantly writes status updates about how much she loves her job.

bluemoonrising

I'm looking for work in offices as I thought this is the only line of work i can do that is relatively alright for my SP. Just had an interview and everyone was really lovely,hope i get the job as although the work is mundane and insanely easy, there isn't much social interaction.

Squishington

Well I'm starting University in about a week and I work at a supermarket, stacking the shelves late at night. Don't really need to talk to anyone, usually just do the job and go home. I find it extremely difficult to start conversations with people and generally keep to myself while at work. Not sure how I'm gonna go at University.

Loudog

I'm 28 and only had a job as a dishwasher and a sign spinner :( I'm thinking about becoming truck driver. That way I won't have talk to anyone, but then I'll never force myself to change.

Steve23

Well I'm starting University in about a week and I work at a supermarket, stacking the shelves late at night. Don't really need to talk to anyone, usually just do the job and go home. I find it extremely difficult to start conversations with people and generally keep to myself while at work. Not sure how I'm gonna go at University.

I did that for a while. Actually didn't mind it too much.

Fear of people

Just curious, what do you do for work? as I'd like to get some ideas.

Holding down a job...is nothing more then a stressful experience...worrying about what other people think is a big problem for me.

I would rather stay at home and hide in my little shell for the time being thanx...no stress what so ever.:eek:

Richey

sales assistant at 16, a bit of office work like filing and shredding old documents, digital printing, dishwashing (current) ...

nothing that is really progressive for a career though which is the saddest thing so far, so far though, it doesnt have to mean there are no chances of a future.

i just want a sustainable semi enjoyable job where i can rent a decent flat somewhere, so far its been low-income bottom rail work which is a bit depressing to be honest

Last edited: