Do you guys thinking most people are crappy?

rockchick46

most people seem to be extremely shallow and judgmental..even people who have NO room to judge anyone...its seems to be pretty much commonplace...like its just seen as normal to be a shallow conceited cunt who spreads rumors/slander about people.

There are people whom I don't even know nor have ever hung out with who have talked shit about me and taken a disliking to me for nothing more than bullshit superficial reasons.

i'd like to be more of a friendly person but I just get judged for EVERY single flaw I have...It really bums me out that what people think of me is mostly false and that they're never going to know who I REALLY am because they're so quick to judge on such a superficial level and disregard everything else.

thats why I really hate gossip because a group of people can say ANYTHING they want about you, spread it around, and then it just becomes common knowledge despite the fact that its not even TRUE.....
What you said AtTheGates is so true. As i have been bullied most of my life (I'm now 46). An now i suffer from SA & Depression because of the bullying that started at primary school.

So you could say that I'm sick and tired at playing this shitie little game. I try to be nice and i just cop it, so now i am trying to not care what anyone says about me. I have found that the more that people are saying shit about me and want me to go away, the more i keep coming back and saying NO WAY. I just keep standing strong. As I'm at uni now doing a course most of the young kids give me shit, in the hope that i will just nick-off. But keep going back to do the couse.

Ok i have had to take some time off, due to my mental health. But i will go back in Feb 2016 and just smash out this course. [emoji310]
I personally think people who seek attention are the ones who are insecure about themselves. If you are so confident, why even bother to prove to others that you are popular, pretty, sexy...?

I don't mind a little showing off, but seeing pictures after pictures showing off the boobs, the body or any other part prompts me to block or unfollow the person. And I'm not jealous at all. I have social anxiety but my confidence level is pretty high.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Argentum

So what you are saying here is that girls should be allowed to shallowly flaunt themselves on social media but guys shouldn't privately contact them with shallow desires?

Another example of someone whose own attitude twists their perspective.

People should be able to share whatever they want. That's how socialization and connection works: sharing. This forum is full of people sharing shallow, trivial whinges if you want to put a negative spin on it. Facebook is full of shallow people sharing shallow things to boost their ego and destroy society as we know it if you want to put a negative spin on it. In reality, both are just people sharing things they want to talk about and look at, and none of it is very deep or philosophical. They're fashion, personal problems, and topics of idle chit-chat, this thread for attention and validation as much as any duckface on Facebook.

But people who don't have, put down. This is a problem almost exclusively on websites for social anxiety and depression in my experience, not forums for psychology, video games, or anything else. That's very telling that it comes largely from a crowd where loneliness and isolation are common problems. People puffing themselves up over pictures on the Internet, which seems to happen on a weekly if not daily basis across all the forums, surely doesn't help.

Nothing that a women does with her own body means she deserves disrespect (are you perhaps one of the people who thinks that women who dress skimpily deserve rape?), and I post nothing to invite the treatment happily handed out to me on basis of gender alone.

Last edited:

Requiescat

How you carry yourself tells others alot about who yo are. Why dress immodestly if you don't want to be seen as sexualized object? In this regard it is purely vanity and a lack of self respect. These days all I hear is how everyone has rights, but what about responsibility? I don't see many of these same people raising their hands when it's time to take their share of responsibity. So in the end, their are good and bad things and you cannot conduct yourself shamefully and expect to absolve yourself from the repercussions of those deeds. The example you cited regarding rape is contextually flawed and merely a diversionary tactic ofteb used to win back lost ground in debates, I'm letting you off the hook that easily ;)

Last edited:

S_Spartan

People should be able to share whatever they want. That's how socialization and connection works: sharing.

Ah, but there is such a thing as pathological socialization. I'm not so sure that those people are sharing as much as they are broadcasting. It's a one way street with many people on social media.

This forum is full of people sharing shallow, trivial whinges if you want to put a negative spin on it. Facebook is full of shallow people sharing shallow things to boost their ego and destroy society as we know it if you want to put a negative spin on it. In reality, both are just people sharing things they want to talk about and look at, and none of it is very deep or philosophical. They're fashion, personal problems, and topics of idle chit-chat, this thread for attention and validation as much as any duckface on Facebook.

But, this thread actually involves some philosophical content meant to inspire the reader to think. It's not full of posts like "Look at what I had for dinner! It was so YUM!"

This thread is a two way street of communication whereas someone posting their dinner is broadcasting. They don't really give a shit about what others have to think about their dinner just as long as other people see their dinner.

You seem to be making the mistake that many people make these days of quantity over quality information. Which is exactly what social media(and most media) is.

But people who don't have, put down. This is a problem almost exclusively on websites for social anxiety and depression in my experience, not forums for psychology, video games, or anything else. That's very telling that it comes largely from a crowd where loneliness and isolation are common problems. People puffing themselves up over pictures on the Internet, which seems to happen on a weekly if not daily basis across all the forums, surely doesn't help.

People on websites such as this are usually good observers of the world. You are assuming that we all feel left out of the social media "fun". I can only speak for myself and say that never once have I had the desire to post a selfie on Facebook nor do I even have an account.

Now if I could post a selfie and be guaranteed of getting paid(like actual money and not just "likes" currency) I would be doing it all the time! haha

But that seems like a lot of work to broadcast for social validation for people who are doing the exact some thing as you and who couldn't care less about you or what you are doing.

Nothing that a women does with her own body means she deserves disrespect (are you perhaps one of the people who thinks that women who dress skimpily deserve rape?), and I post nothing to invite the treatment happily handed out to me on basis of gender alone.

This has become a tired argument. One that attempts to preemptively paint a man as a rapist if he insinuates that a woman who dresses and/or acts in a sexually provocative way shouldn't be surprised if she gets unwanted male attention.

It's a pretty big jump from unwanted male attention online to rape!

As a female, you are guaranteed to get a lot of male attention on the internet no matter what you do or don't invite.
This is because the internet has increased male sexual thirst while at the same time increasing female selectivity.

So what you get is guys en masse throwing spaghetti at the wall and hoping that something sticks and girls hoping that one of the strands of spaghetti is a tall, rich doctor with an edgy look. hehe.

PugofCrydee

You want to know how I got these scars?
There are a lot of crappy people out there. Some are more crappy than others.
There are some good people too. Try to keep in mind that generalizing really isn't a good thing. (I realize at times we all do it).

When someone else generalizes and says 'all other people are crappy' they are lumping you in with everyone else. Are you crappy?
On the spectrum of 1 to 10, 1 being the least crappy people and 10 being the most, most people fit somewhere in the middle.
We are all different, we all have done things we would perhaps do differently if we had the chance again.

Argentum

But, this thread actually involves some philosophical content meant to inspire the reader to think. It's not full of posts like "Look at what I had for dinner! It was so YUM!"

If "everyone sucks" qualifies as deep thinking, I don't want to see what qualifies as mundane content. People complain about how everything sucks on Facebook.

This thread is a two way street of communication whereas someone posting their dinner is broadcasting. They don't really give a shit about what others have to think about their dinner just as long as other people see their dinner.

Have you been to the random thoughts and feelings threads lately?

You seem to be making the mistake that many people make these days of quantity over quality information. Which is exactly what social media(and most media) is.

People on websites such as this are usually good observers of the world. You are assuming that we all feel left out of the social media "fun". I can only speak for myself and say that never once have I had the desire to post a selfie on Facebook nor do I even have an account.

Now if I could post a selfie and be guaranteed of getting paid(like actual money and not just "likes" currency) I would be doing it all the time! haha

But that seems like a lot of work to broadcast for social validation for people who are doing the exact some thing as you and who couldn't care less about you or what you are doing.

A forum is social media, but it's designed for relative anonymity and large quantities of text, which Facebook, Twitter, etc, are not made for. So people discuss in-depth here instead of where their mother and coworkers can see and where it's actually practical to write and keep track of conversations. Those who look before they condemn know that longer and more personal conversations often happen on Facebook in private, just like in real-life.

Just because there aren't selfies on this forum doesn't mean people aren't posting here for the same validation or recognition, especially when they post a short one-liner on the How Are You Feeling? thread and hope someone has something to say. Some inevitably don't, but you're kidding yourself if you think that many people don't post there because they want their feelings to be seen and potentially acknowledged the same way as someone who posts their new outfit.

This has become a tired argument. One that attempts to preemptively paint a man as a rapist if he insinuates that a woman who dresses and/or acts in a sexually provocative way shouldn't be surprised if she gets unwanted male attention.

It's a pretty big jump from unwanted male attention online to rape!

As a female, you are guaranteed to get a lot of male attention on the internet no matter what you do or don't invite.
This is because the internet has increased male sexual thirst while at the same time increasing female selectivity.

So what you get is guys en masse throwing spaghetti at the wall and hoping that something sticks and girls hoping that one of the strands of spaghetti is a tall, rich doctor with an edgy look. hehe.

My gigantic leap was mocking your gigantic leap, and my argument still stands. Nothing gives men justification to do things like tell me I don't belong in STEM, should be doing creative work, and then make comments about how I probably want to be dominated sexually. Their needing to "throw spaghett" does not give them leave to speak the way that they often do, or to lie to me as they also often do.

How you carry yourself tells others alot about who yo are. Why dress immodestly if you don't want to be seen as sexualized object? In this regard it is purely vanity and a lack of self respect. These days all I hear is how everyone has rights, but what about responsibility? I don't see many of these same people raising their hands when it's time to take their share of responsibity. So in the end, their are good and bad things and you cannot conduct yourself shamefully and expect to absolve yourself from the repercussions of those deeds. The example you cited regarding rape is contextually flawed and merely a diversionary tactic ofteb used to win back lost ground in debates, I'm letting you off the hook that easily ;)

Doesn't sound like a diversionary tactic when you're literally saying that women who "conduct themselves shamefully", aka dress provocatively, are only getting the natural repercussions. This is harmful to men as well, as it does in fact make you out to be animals who can't help themselves when that is far from the truth.

The problem with this attitude is that it stems from extremes which are inherently objectifying as people are not black and white. Everyone is sexual and everyone deserves respect. These things do not conflict with each other and the problem is only ever those witnessing it.

But with thinking like this, either you are pure and you hide your sexuality, or you are a sexual object that does not get to complain if harmed or treated unkindly. There is no in-between where someone can be seen in a sexualized light while maintaining personhood and rights, despite the fact that people are, with a few exceptions, inherently sexual.

Which is far more unhealthy for society than anything complained about in threads like these, for both men and women.

Last edited:

Zooman

I have been trying to be nicer to people, more open and social for the past couple of months. But the only thing I have drawn to conclusion is that most people are crappy, selfish, judgmental and such. Maybe I'm just in a bad mood. But most people let me down. I know i have a lot of social skills to learn, but I hate being let down and then feel so much more lonely than I used to.

Oh definitely. I've always had a very low view of mankind. Just look at modern times and history.

Last edited:

rockchick46

I think we are in a time where a lot of people are under pressure and don't always think their actions through. Over the past decade and a half I have noted how people are straining more and more for self-expression and are definitely becoming more selfish and conceated. But there are good people out there and as the saying goes: You don't act like a gentleman/lady because everyone deserves it, but because you are better than stooping so low as to reciprocate the worst. What kind of person do you want to be? You made a decision to be nicer to people, and I think that is a good positive step. The next might be to consider that we don't always know what is going on in the lives of the people we encounter, perhaps they are going through things themselves. And you never know how much the positivity you bring might mean to someone either. I know there have been people who have unknowingly had an impact on me. Ultimately people are drawn to positive people, those that are selfless without being a doormat (assertion). Don't be discouraged and give up on everyone just yet!
I think you Requiescat, have hit the nail right on the head. As i have tried to be a nicer person and some people are really lovely to me, an yet others i just want to hit them in the head, but i know better an just walk away.

Just stand tall an know that in yourself, that you are a good person and it is their loss that those people don't want to know you.

Stand tall and love you for you. Your brightness will bring the nice people in and make the bad run off.

nicole1

Do you feel better not socializing? I do. I don't really like socializing at all. I do get practice in because that's what we have to do in order to live. The downside of having to socialize is having to deal with crappy people. Just find the right amount for yourself and avoid crappy people when possible.

PugofCrydee

You want to know how I got these scars?
What you said AtTheGates is so true. As i have been bullied most of my life (I'm now 46). An now i suffer from SA & Depression because of the bullying that started at primary school.

So you could say that I'm sick and tired at playing this shitie little game. I try to be nice and i just cop it, so now i am trying to not care what anyone says about me. I have found that the more that people are saying shit about me and want me to go away, the more i keep coming back and saying NO WAY. I just keep standing strong. As I'm at uni now doing a course most of the young kids give me shit, in the hope that i will just nick-off. But keep going back to do the couse.

Ok i have had to take some time off, due to my mental health. But i will go back in Feb 2016 and just smash out this course. [emoji310]

Awesome attitude girl!! Don't let the little shits bring ya down. Focus on what YOU want and you'll get there. You have my admiration:thumbup:

onehandclapping

I have the same sentiment in the thread title.

but for different reasons. I feel people let me down quite often, people tend to treat me badly or with little respect. I don't know how to change this? it's almost like everyone has been given a memo saying this person gets nothing,is not important. or I have a sign on my back saying kick me. when you just get so much of it you begin to feel pretty misanthropic.