do you get angry at yourself when you mess up

alwayssunnyinphiladelphia

I always get really pissed of at myself for not being able to just talk like a normal person it is the inferiority complex in my mind i can't stand it it makes me make myself miserable i dont know what to do from here i just feel like i have really ****ed everything up

Yes, I do get angry at myself. I am something of a perfectionist and I have ridiculously high standards for myself, and if I don't meet them I feel terrible - a mixture of shame, anger and disgust. I often leave social encounters feeling unsatisfied, like I let a person walk all over me or I didn't say what I wanted to say, or maybe I said something stupid (usually the former, though; my biggest problem is not saying what I really want to and then regretting it later).

MikeyC

Most certainly. It doesn't matter how small the mistake is, too.

Last time I got angry with myself I kicked our bin and broke it.

Never

Yes, always. I can't think of a time or situation where I'm ever not disappointed or angry with the way things turn out. Everything is always left unsatisfied for me in some way or another. All I can ever think about is what I didn't do and what I did wrong. My mind is constantly bombarded with unsatisfied feelings towards every little thing, however small and important they are. I don't know if it's because I can't measure up to my expectations, or just because I don't know how to do anything right. I wish for just once I could feel like I've done something correctly,

Labyrinthine

I always get rather furious with myself when i think I've messed up. I'm s huge perfectionist who's afraid of failure. Failure simply isn't an option.