Do you experience Lucid Dreaming or Sleep Paralysis?

Do you experience any of these?

• Sleep Paralysis

Votes: 7 5.8%
  • Lucid Dreaming

Votes: 11 9.2%
  • Sleep Paralysis & Lucid Dreaming

Votes: 6 5.0%
  • Depression & Sleep Paralysis

Votes: 15 12.5%
  • Depression & Lucid Dreaming

Votes: 26 21.7%
  • Depression & Sleep Paralysis & Lucid Dreaming

Votes: 13 10.8%
  • None of the above.

Votes: 42 35.0%

• Total voters

Lea

Banned
Yes, I do but mostly only when I am feeling well which I haven't for a long time now.

FountainandFairfax

in a VAN down by the RIVER
I've been able to lucid dream since as far back as I can remember as well. I think it has something to do with being hyper-self conscious. I guess that over-zealous awareness of self doesn't switch-off once we go to sleep and therefore it makes it easier for us to realize things aren't real when we're dreaming.

Lorraine Manca

sleep paralysis is AWFUL! i hardly ever get it now except when im sleeping on my back or fall asleep in an awkward position. i still have nightmares about being paralyzed. how was it for you ms no oil? i hardly ever hear about it happening to anyone else

I've been able to lucid dream since as far back as I can remember as well. I think it has something to do with being hyper-self conscious.

That makes a LOT of sense!

sleep paralysis is AWFUL! i hardly ever get it now except when im sleeping on my back or fall asleep in an awkward position. i still have nightmares about being paralyzed. how was it for you ms no oil? i hardly ever hear about it happening to anyone else

I absolutely hate it! Thankfully i've only ever hallucinated visually once, but i always aurally hallucinate. Its horrible - you literally hear voices and see dead people... of course its all imagined.... I HOPE!

The worst one was when i was in my friends house - I remember him telling me his house was haunted one day.. One night i was asleep on the couch and woke up paralysed. Heard something whispering into my ear as if they were mocking me.
The next day i asked was it him messing - but it wasnt.

Note to self: Never get paralysed in a haunted house.

Got it on a bus once too!
I get real bad panic attacks during it too- which sucks. Do you hallucinate?

FOR REAL

Banned
Do you hallucinate?

nope never ever, these buggers are all FOR REAL!

Smurfs-Wallpaper-the-smurfs-251171_1024_768.jpg

Lorraine Manca

That makes a LOT of sense!

I absolutely hate it! Thankfully i've only ever hallucinated visually once, but i always aurally hallucinate. Its horrible - you literally hear voices and see dead people... of course its all imagined.... I HOPE!

The worst one was when i was in my friends house - I remember him telling me his house was haunted one day.. One night i was asleep on the couch and woke up paralysed. Heard something whispering into my ear as if they were mocking me.
The next day i asked was it him messing - but it wasnt.

Note to self: Never get paralysed in a haunted house.

Got it on a bus once too!
I get real bad panic attacks during it too- which sucks. Do you hallucinate?

i cant open my eyes when it happens so i never see anything. If im very awake i just feel like i'm being watched, but when its inbetween waking and sleeping i have terrible realistic nightmares. the last time it happened i couldnt see anything at all, but i felt hands grabbing me and brushing all over me and the touch was like pins and needles. really it was pure torture. i think i panic and my imagination runs away. its crazy though your mind can make up feeling pain and fingers. you know its not real but it sure as hell feels real

its good to know im not the only one! i dont hear voices too much though, ms no oil. do you ever feel anything touching you?

Square_Eyes

I suffer from sleep paralysis occasionally but, fortunately as of yet, haven't experienced the accompanying hallucinations that are common in the majority of cases. It usually only lasts for about twenty seconds or so in which time I can do little else but let out some ridiculous sounding groan for help.

I feel as if theres something hitting off or holdng my arm - Its really weird - and it feels as if im underwater - even though i know im not!

I cant make a single sound while paralysed either! :(

Lorraine Manca

I feel as if theres something hitting off or holdng my arm - Its really weird - and it feels as if im underwater - even though i know im not!

I cant make a single sound while paralysed either! :(

i feel all sorts of things. like cobwebs and all sorts of feelings that make you want to move, but you can't. its like a mini vacation to hell!! its by far the weirdest thing ive ever experienced, im glad to know other people go through it too, thats a true relief.

Sleep paralysis is one of the most messed up things I've ever experienced. I haven't had it recently, and it only happened when I was under extreme stress, like the night before I left home for university. For me, it was accompanied by a really strange, very loud static sound in my ears. It only lasted about 20-30 seconds...

The first time it happened to me I was extremely creeped out...I had no idea what was going on, and I was afraid to go back to sleep again because I didn't want it to keep happening.

Lorraine Manca

I felt the exact same!
I remember when i first got it...
Did you think you were dead/dying?

the first time was the worst. i had no idea what it was and immediately assumed it was permanent. i thought my parents would assume i was in coma and id be stuck like that fully conscious. it was terrifying. i remember mentally shouting move at my arm over and over, pure panic
what was your first time like?

Sleep paralysis is one of the most messed up things I've ever experienced. I haven't had it recently, and it only happened when I was under extreme stress, like the night before I left home for university. For me, it was accompanied by a really strange, very loud static sound in my ears. It only lasted about 20-30 seconds...

The first time it happened to me I was extremely creeped out...I had no idea what was going on, and I was afraid to go back to sleep again because I didn't want it to keep happening.

You get that static sound too? Its like a scream or somethin', Its really frickken strange!

SilentType

Banned
I have been able to lucid dream ever since I can remember. I have also been depressed to the point of suicide attempts. The worst experience of all though, was the one time I came to experience sleep paralysis. The only thing I could move were my eyes, and I was on my back in my bedroom, clear as day. As I laid there paralyzed, trying with all my might to move, I saw a shadow figure off to the left slowly walking towards me. As the figure neared me, I got reall freaked out, trying to move or scream or anything but be paralyzed. All I could do was move my eyes tho, so the figure walked up to the side of my bed, leaned over me, then slowly floated above me. Next was the worst part... This shadow figure slowly floated down toward my body, and as it did, I could breathe less and less. As he slowly converged into me, I could not breathe at all, and just as we "became one," I snapped out of it and was able to move. I have never been so damn scared in my life. Thats my experience...

Peace

I have been able to lucid dream ever since I can remember. I have also been depressed to the point of suicide attempts. The worst experience of all though, was the one time I came to experience sleep paralysis. The only thing I could move were my eyes, and I was on my back in my bedroom, clear as day. As I laid there paralyzed, trying with all my might to move, I saw a shadow figure off to the left slowly walking towards me. As the figure neared me, I got reall freaked out, trying to move or scream or anything but be paralyzed. All I could do was move my eyes tho, so the figure walked up to the side of my bed, leaned over me, then slowly floated above me. Next was the worst part... This shadow figure slowly floated down toward my body, and as it did, I could breathe less and less. As he slowly converged into me, I could not breathe at all, and just as we "became one," I snapped out of it and was able to move. I have never been so damn scared in my life. Thats my experience...

Peace

People usually see an old hag or incubus/succubus I've heard. I was talking to a dude who had his dead mother telling him everything would be okay, while he was paralysed!

206Raider

I wish I could have lucid dreams. I've ahd sleep paralysis once where I woke up and I couldn't move my body it was scary as hell but never happened again. Actually if I could lucid dream I would want to sleep all the time in some fantasy world lol.

philly2bits

I've had lucid dreams a few times. Unfortunately I don't remember them too well since I would always wake up soon after I knew I was dreaming.

Luckily I've never had sleep paralysis. Something like that would probably make me afraid to go to sleep at all. Especially if it happened with any kind of regularity. Sleep for me is a time to clear my head and relax. I couldn't stand to have it be a coin toss between a good nights sleep and a horrible experience.