Do you ever look around this world...

klytus

That's way too harsh a statement. Heh. It depends on how long you want to stick around - but there's plenty of things worth spending some time with. Little things, mainly, that appear at least temporarily pleasant. Then there are grand things that you might not want to give up for a lifetime. I, personally, am yet to stumble across such a big thing. The little things literally abound.

kuhtreen

That's way too harsh a statement. Heh. It depends on how long you want to stick around - but there's plenty of things worth spending some time with. Little things, mainly, that appear at least temporarily pleasant. Then there are grand things that you might not want to give up for a lifetime. I, personally, am yet to stumble across such a big thing. The little things literally abound.

Well it's my opinion, so you can't really state all of those things as facts.

klytus

Obviously, this page is worth spending plenty of time with. You said "nothing" would be - so, what keeps you here?

... you can't really state all of those things as facts.
I just did. ;)

ljwwriter

Sometimes I look around that way a bit, honestly. All I can say is thank goodness we can't predict the future of what we'll encounter in this great big world, because I have a feeling if we could we'd be more disappointed than not.

market.garden

Yeah even the most enjoyable things to me sometimes feel pointless. But then again its surprising what you can find round the corner.

I used to think that...In fact I was just thinking that this morning, but then I went outside and had a bit of my cigar....The sun was shining, birds chirping, and I realized how beautiful life is!!!

It seems that way cause you have SA. But you must find enjoyment in life, even if it is little, that is the key. You need to focus on this rather than all the scary stuff you cant do yet.

kuhtreen

Obviously, this page is worth spending plenty of time with. You said "nothing" would be - so, what keeps you here?

OK OK I don't LITERALLY believe that not one single thing is worth sticking around for. I can only think of two, but they're good enough. But somedays I just feel like everday is a battle and nothing is important enough to fight for. I'm sorry, I know you were trying to make me feel better...it's just one of those days. :-/

Nicholas

No, I think there are a lot of things that are important, enjoyable, funny, beautiful. Everyone have at least one interest or one hobby, or at least they used to have one. The only problem is that our problems (I don't know about yours though) just make us see every day as a struggle, they make us see ourselves as abnormal. We feel different.
So I personally often feel I have a lot of things to be happy about, but also a lot of things to worry and be sad about. These things end up spoiling everything else, unfortunately. It's a matter or being too pessimistic, I know it, so I know I need to work on that and try to become an optimist, if I can.

kuhtreen

No, I think there are a lot of things that are important, enjoyable, funny, beautiful. Everyone have at least one interest or one hobby, or at least they used to have one. The only problem is that our problems (I don't know about yours though) just make us see every day as a struggle, they make us see ourselves as abnormal. We feel different.
So I personally often feel I have a lot of things to be happy about, but also a lot of things to worry and be sad about. These things end up spoiling everything else, unfortunately. It's a matter or being too pessimistic, I know it, so I know I need to work on that and try to become an optimist, if I can.

You're right. I used to be optimistic, and it makes me sad that I've changed.
:(
I could always get back my optimism though, I just have to work on it.

Nicholas

There is a lot of beauty in the world, but since anxiety prevents us from feeling, most of us cannot really comprehend it. It's like knowing chocolate is good without ever having tasted it.

Well, I have tasted "chocolate", I know I can enjoy a lot of good things, but I realize everyone has a different story to tell. My analogy would be more like this:
"I love beer and I know it's good because I can drink it, but my life is not good anyway because I can't go to beer fests because I can't enjoy them because of my anxiety."
Just a fictional example. There are good things, but others end up spoiling your mood anyway. Everyone has different experiences anyway.

Drowning in Sunshine

No, not nothing. Even if I feel that there isn't anything I feel that is worth it in life, the fact that I don't just want to 'give up' is more than enough to keep me alive.

Ihateit

Sometimes I do feel like that but everytime I think of my little sister she is the only one that I live for really. I love her to pieces even if she can be a pain at times. But I would not change her for the world. I am 6 years older than her and I always say that I won't leave until she is old enough to. Even if you have one person or one something to live for, I guess it helps to make you realise that there is something to keep you going.

Drongo

I used to ponder it alot; didn't see anything worthwhile in life, mainly by observing other people / family and what they spend their lives doing work+nothing or some other trivial activities. Figured even if I managed to get out in the world, what was there that's going to make my life any better? Nothing.

Got over thinking that way though, for the most part.