Do we all think that we are special??

Johno

It is probably something that we are mostly unaware of. I tend to believe that people such as my self think that they are some how important and can change the world..... My conclusion.... People with social anxiety are very observant. There is more...........

Damaged

I think im special and unique =)
I don't think i can change the world though lol, i just think im very different which i love :D

No, I don't think there is anything special about me. Maybe just that I am more loyal and honest than probably 99% of the people, but I don't feel I could make a difference in the world or change anything.

Johno

How are you special?? I won't bore you with my massive achievements.... It's your turn.....

I'm not sure about special. But I do know that I'm not well and I really need help to beat my problems. According to some friends (jokingly), my single status is a fundamental constant of the universe... and that if it is ever violated, it is a sign of the End of Days... Haha... well actually that is not funny... :(

Anthem of the Angels

YES, WE ARE SPECIAL!!!!
I don't know exactly in which thread or by who was it, but I know I read it here. Went something like this:
"...people with SA treat other people like gods...", which I agree with 100%. For a guy that's been on his own his entire life I know that this is the way I see people... and for sure I know that finding a true friend to me would mean more than the world. The way we appreciate people and the way we see and care for them... now if everyone could see each other that way we'd have a nice little utopia, now wouldn't we? :)

Johno

I beg to differ..... Us or maybe we think that we know how things should be....What do u think???

coyote

It's a double-edged sword for me.

While I've always thought that I was "special" in some ways, I also feel as though I haven't lived up to that "special-ness," and consequently view myself as a complete failure.

NinjaLikesToast

Everyone is the center of their own universe. This tends to lead to all sorts of delusions.

I think that is very true.
Most people don't bother paying attention to the minor details that say someone with SA would notice. At least that's what I think, not knowing anyone else personally with severe SA might not make me so qualified to say that haha.

Johno

It's a double-edged sword for me.

While I've always thought that I was "special" in some ways, I also feel as though I haven't lived up to that "special-ness," and consequently view myself as a complete failure.

Well the fact that you viewed yourself as special means everything..... It means that you still have time to do your thing... I guess I mean be special..... Jessica watson from australia is now trying to be special.....

Luke1993

No I don't thin there's anything special about me, (that's positive) although I am very honest and respectful and loyal I think, but they aren't exactly ground breaking things!

Can I change the world? Well it seems to be a luck thing if you get to be really famous or influential, so I don't know, probably not.

Tangent

Banned
Well the fact that you viewed yourself as special means everything..... It means that you still have time to do your thing... I guess I mean be special..... Jessica watson from australia is now trying to be special.....

Watson did manage to grab all the headlines but I wouldn't be comparing her achievements to those of people working in such fields as health, teaching, community services, or environmental conservation. Yet the people who make great achievements in these fields are rarely, if ever, praised for them in the mainstream media.

Her sailing around the world hasn't saved a single child from abuse, closed the gap between indigenous and non-indigenous health or education, reduced greenhouse gas emissions, or opened the way for free speech in China. It might be a great personal achievement, yes, but it's hardly deserving of all the hype IMO.

Personally, the people I consider special are those with social consciences.

Johno

Watson did manage to grab all the headlines but I wouldn't be comparing her achievements to those of people working in such fields as health, teaching, community services, or environmental conservation. Yet the people who make great achievements in these fields are rarely, if ever, praised for them in the mainstream media.

Her sailing around the world hasn't saved a single child from abuse, closed the gap between indigenous and non-indigenous health or education, reduced greenhouse gas emissions, or opened the way for free speech in China. It might be a great personal achievement, yes, but it's hardly deserving of all the hype IMO.

Personally, the people I consider special are those with social consciences.

Totally agree with that. I don't blame Jessica. I think we should look at her parents.... She is after all 16.... Maybe she is living her parents dream.... It is a form of child abuse....