do u think its good to be ignored !!!!

sai

wll let me say my story.. i m 6feet tall with looks and people think i am a little rock star(truth is my face look a bit trouble making)... so girls and guys try to gangup with me... and defnetly it freaks me out..!! when ever a girl comes around me i m lik 60 barrels of sweat and 400 beats per second ....so i believe its really good to be ignored than being focused...!!
...... if any 1 hear got the same kind of experiences just share it......
..... and also if anybody think its not so good to be ignored... u can share ur views....!!! and happy kits festival !!!!

Last edited:

satstrn

My guess is that almost no one on this site can relate to being a "rockstar" and having people pay attention to them all the time...I don't think most people can relate to that period, save beautiful people and celebrities. Most of us are ignored by the majority of the population. I'm not talking about people with social anxiety, just people period. Every now and then someone will start a conversation with us, but on the whole the conversations we have are the ones we start. Its not really one or the other. If youre asking hypothetically, I think most people would say they want attention. But realistically, people should expect to be ignored. We shouldn't take it personally either, its how our society works. Its a sad truth.

sai

hmm... i dint understood what u have sed but it sounds good...
i actually talking about few girls who come around me i am just too... scared of them
i my context what i am saying is.... its good to be ignored by unwanted attractions which troubls u :)

Last edited:

OceanMist

My guess is that almost no one on this site can relate to being a "rockstar" and having people pay attention to them all the time...I don't think most people can relate to that period, save beautiful people and celebrities. Most of us are ignored by the majority of the population. I'm not talking about people with social anxiety, just people period. Every now and then someone will start a conversation with us, but on the whole the conversations we have are the ones we start. Its not really one or the other. If youre asking hypothetically, I think most people would say they want attention. But realistically, people should expect to be ignored. We shouldn't take it personally either, its how our society works. Its a sad truth.

I agree with this. Most people on this site are socially anxious so many of us spend a lot of alone time and not much time going out to parties and social events.

Therefore many of us aren't under the spotlight very often....I'm sure some of us are, but I'd say most aren't.

We reep what we sow. If we don't communicate with others, they often won't communicate with us. The world usually works in that cycle.

Of course there can be exceptions if someone has something very special about them (fame, very good looking, etc).

As far as introversion goes, from my own personal experience, it's a big mix of wanting and not wanting attention. I both want attention from people and don't want attention from people. Our bodies will argue with us because of our anxiety and shyness. Our human nature tells us to mingle to while our introversion tells us to stay alone.

Is it good to be ignored? No, it's not. Part of a healthy lifestyle is connecting with others on a regular basis. It's probably not going to kill you though.....

Last edited:

Chess

I'm not sure about outright ignored, at least not if you're really wanting the company of others like I am. I understand the idea, though, and I'm easily frazzled when people approach me. It would be very beneficial to someone with the confidence to approach the people they want.

rxdc

Depends on who ignores you. When I was a child I lived in a country where I was a visible minority and everyone was white. That meant that no matter where I went I had everyone around staring at me like I was some kind of alien. It was pretty common to have people hurl racist insults at me.

If it's positive attention that you get, then that's awesome. I just hate it when you get attention from the wrong people, specially those who are looking for someone to yell at or even fight.

SacredClown

I'm always ignored, both on this site and in my real life. i even got suicidal for a bit but i try to talk myself out of it.

i just came to accept i will never really be a part of a clique so i gave up trying.

Kat

Online I don't care so much. In person I’d have to really need their attention or respect the person for it to get under my skin but it’s not how I would treat someone in person. Online it can happen because I may not have a response to what a person’s said or someone’s already addressed what I would have said. I’m not overly talkative or opinionated over the web.

Last edited:
Well, I suppose it would have to depend on the social context. I mean, as someone above pointed out, it's the norm to be ignored in the streets of an overcrowded, busy society where people are only going to acknowledge you if they already know you (although, for me personally I often have neurosis about even this even though I know rationally that it's my emotive subconscious mind playing up) but in a more intimate context (house share, college classes, work, parties etc.), it can be considerably more painful. I'm sure many people on this forum can relate to the highly perplexing situation of being at a social gathering where people seem to develop this 'magical' ability to break off into seemingly 'carefree' cliques while we're just standing there not knowing WHY we're being ignored despite making an effort. THAT can hurt.

Kat

Well, I suppose it would have to depend on the social context. I mean, as someone above pointed out, it's the norm to be ignored in the streets of an overcrowded, busy society where people are only going to acknowledge you if they already know you (although, for me personally I often have neurosis about even this even though I know rationally that it's my emotive subconscious mind playing up) but in a more intimate context (house share, college classes, work, parties etc.), it can be considerably more painful. I'm sure many people on this forum can relate to the highly perplexing situation of being at a social gathering where people seem to develop this 'magical' ability to break off into seemingly 'carefree' cliques while we're just standing there not knowing WHY we're being ignored despite making an effort. THAT can hurt.

Yeah, like you said depending on the social context sometimes it can be considered rude and other times it's a blessing.

GraybeardGhost

I'm always ignored, both on this site and in my real life. i even got suicidal for a bit but i try to talk myself out of it.

i just came to accept i will never really be a part of a clique so i gave up trying.

I'm right there with you, man. Clique busting is hard work, even here. I'm not quite ready to give up, though. If you keep beating on the door, eventually someone will open it and let you in. At least I hope that's how it works.

ChockedUp

wll let me say my story...

Answering OP directly and am not ignoring anyone intentionally ;)

I can relate to your issue! I'm also often getting unwanted attention, which due to my social anxiety always leaves me looking rather dumb.

Even then I don't feel that it would be better to be ignored!

I fear being ignored constantly would quickly leave you feeling alone and depressed. I'd take the pain of being my own worst enemy(which is ultimately what we are beating us self up about) over that anyday.

If you truly desire being left alone, you could read about "Body Language" and "Indicators of Interest/Disinterest" and use them to keep people at bay. Most of these signals are done subconsciously, so you may in fact be signalling them that you are interested unknowingly(e.g. a male showing disinterest after interest attracts more often than not...).

Lastly I feel obligated to include a warning about reading on these subjects. They might just change how you perceive other people, both past and present, both positive and negative, but may do little to nothing in regards to your anxiety.

sai

dude dont give a **** its the solution to ur problem
i am really f***g scared of the women i like & i felt bad that i cant aproch her but at the end... its all right i dont give a s*** :D
see that's who it works
we all are with u to have a good chat ..!!
no 1 is alone :)

Last edited: