Do people avoid you like the plague?

WearyChild

Basically like the title says. I don't know why but even though who ever does actually talk to me love me everyone else (majority of people) avoid me like the plague. Also you know that look people give babies or dogs where they can't help but smile? People do that around me alot... don't know why. I have pics in my profile, feel free to comment. It just messes with my head because honestly when someone starts talking to me I can tell them my life story but no everyone has to avoid me like the plague. Do I have an evil aura or something, but then again if I did why would everyone smile at me like that. Sometimes I think they are smiling at me because they see something funny about me that I don't and it makes me feel really self conscious.

Anomaly

I have characteristics which are repugnant to the vast majority of people. It's a pleasure to find the few who will tolerate me :)

WearyChild

I have characteristics which are repugnant to the vast majority of people. It's a pleasure to find the few who will tolerate me :)

But thats the thing, every person who I've actually managed to get to give me the time of day has absolutely adored me but I can't get anyone to give me the time of day in the first place.

1)You get the puppy dog/ baby look from people because you're adorable

2) People avoid you once you open your mouth and depressing things start coming out of it (I'm assuming...because it happens to me alot, people think I'm extremely cynical and they're absolutely right )

Anomaly

But thats the thing, every person who I've actually managed to get to give me the time of day has absolutely adored me but I can't get anyone to give me the time of day in the first place.

That's quite fortunate for you -- I can get attention but I'll still fail to make a good impression.

WearyChild

2) People avoid you once you open your mouth and depressing things start coming out of it (I'm assuming...because it happens to me alot, people think I'm extremely cynical and they're absolutely right )

People avoid me before I get the chance to open my mouth :p and although I have to admit I am like you and happen to be very cynical but wouldn't people have to talk to me first to see that?

People avoid me before I get the chance to open my mouth :p and although I have to admit I am like you and happen to be very cynical but wouldn't people have to talk to me first to see that?

how does someone adore and avoid at the same time.

I'm confused.

WearyChild

how does someone adore and avoid at the same time.

I'm confused.

I never said people adore me, I said they all smile at me (creeps me out but yeah) and its true, they all avoid me like the plague, no one talks to me and I am incapable of talking to someone unless they talk first (then they can't get me to shut up but they love me anyway... doesn't happen often that someone does talk to me)

nopark

Most people generally like me -- when I act normally, anyway. When I'm around at least one person I know well, I'm usually comfortable enough to be open and friendly. Most people respond well.

But if I'm alone (like going to the store etc) I usually avoid other people like the plague. I look very disinterested so as not to invite conversation. And then if you do talk to me, then it's the opposite -- I look down on you very intensely. And since I'm nervous, I'll start talking slowly and precisely and it just ends up feeling so awkward. People tend to find me very intimidating.

So I think when people start giving that fake little smilie it's when they're feeling the awkwardness of talking to a socially inept person such as myself :D

That's quite fortunate for you -- I can get attention but I'll still fail to make a good impression.

ditto, I think I am the most depressing, boring, cynical person ever.

If I ever settle down it will have to be with someone equally depressing.

I think I feed off of it, Whenever something positive happens to me I try to destroy it purposely. It's like I don't feel comfortable when things are going well.

A female friend once asked me "what happened to you, how did you get this way?" because I'm young and I don't look like the type of person who would act the way I do (whatever that means)

hangbi92

Although I can still play with my few friends, almost everyone stays away from me. SOme girls think im gay cause i never talk to them. SOme think im a crazy nerd cause I always pretend to look down at my book and never talk. ANd some think Im retarded cause I always act award in front of people. And stuff like that like idiot, jerk, crap, mental, moron,... so many I cant remember

I never said people adore me, I said they all smile at me (creeps me out but yeah) and its true, they all avoid me like the plague, no one talks to me and I am incapable of talking to someone unless they talk first (then they can't get me to shut up but they love me anyway... doesn't happen often that someone does talk to me)

are you in HS, college? or just a working adult?

I really can't tell from your pictures, because some adults still have that "kid" look well in their 20s (Michael J foxx, Larenz Tate)

If you're in HS then that's just HS, it sucks everyone feels awkward there even the so called "cool kids" (which I was one of because I was a great actor and was good at pretending like I wasn't shy and lame)

If you're an adult then I don't know what the problem is because you're decent looking and both men and women should be flocking to you.

Do you shower often? (I know, I know, but it could be a possibility lol because there is nothing visually wrong with you that would cause people to avoid you)

WearyChild

are you in HS, college? or just a working adult?

I really can't tell from your pictures, because some adults still have that "kid" look well in their 20s (Michael J foxx, Larenz Tate)

If you're in HS then that's just HS, it sucks everyone feels awkward there even the so called "cool kids" (which I was one of because I was a great actor and was good at pretending like I wasn't shy and lame)

If you're an adult then I don't know what the problem is because you're decent looking and both men and women should be flocking to you.

Do you shower often? (I know, I know, but it could be a possibility lol because there is nothing visually wrong with you that would cause people to avoid you)

:p Yes I shower and I'm 19 and currently sitting at home doing nothing with my life.

Why how old do I look now? (answer honestly I've always wanted to know)

Junior high schoolish

:/

1184367762037.jpg

I'm Canadian we don't have junior high, so I'm guessing thats 13-14ish

which is why people may just smile at you and keep it moving, they may think you are a child.

Little boys probably approach you alot also huh? lol

(I'm not laughing at you, just at the situation)

WearyChild

which is why people may just smile at you and keep it moving, they may think you are a child.

Little boys probably approach you alot also huh? lol

(I'm not laughing at you, just at the situation)

Its okay I didn't think you were laughing at me. No little boys don't approach me but it may explain why I'm nineteen and never been on a date let alone kissed a guy.

Its okay I didn't think you were laughing at me. No little boys don't approach me but it may explain why I'm nineteen and never been on a date let alone kissed a guy.

maybe, my first impression from your pictures was awww this is a cute little girl.

Reminded me of my niece.

The sad thing about it is that if any guy does show interest in you he's most likely a child molester. However, when you start college (if you haven't already) everyone will know you're at least 18 and that wouldn't be a problem for you anymore. Your youthful looks scare guys your age and away at first glance.