Disability Support Pension

Noca

Banned
I get ODSP (Ontario Disability Support Program) for SA. I am claimed to have a permanent disability I guess, as I've never had to renew it.

Emily_G

I read about one girl on a forum who got Disability for stuttering...but she said it was very difficult. I view my stuttering as a disability, but I don't think it would be considered "severe" enough for disability.

SilentType

Banned
I'm on SSI (Supplemtal Security Income), which is basically the US version of this. I'm on it because of what I've heard more than one doctor call "a severe case of panic disorder. I got on it without even having to appeal a decision, but thats because i had good doctor records and a statement directly from my psychiatrist. Those are key when it comes to these things.

I just consolidated my debt the other day and saved myself several thousand bucks over the next couple years. Thanks to this money, I've paid off the debt that several semesters of school cost me, and now I'm workin on my credit cards. I still have about 8 grand to go, but now the interest overall on 3 cards was dropped over 25 percent. Its gonna take me about a year an a half to pay through all of this, but once I'm out from under the debt problem, It'll be a huge weight lifted from my shoulders. I wouldn't be anywhere without this little bit of money each month. It all goes to bills... and I'm only 22 lol... Like I said cant wait to be free of debt again.

Peace

Kustamogen

Banned
I get ODSP (Ontario Disability Support Program) for SA. I am claimed to have a permanent disability I guess, as I've never had to renew it.

Im on the same here.....AISH (Assured Income for the Severely Handicapped)......took me 3yrs of trying to get on it for them to finally accept me!!! Stupid ass conservative Alberta!!!!

Flowers-Of-Bloom

I've tried to get a DSP for my disorders. My psychologist thinks that I am unable to work, and even with his recommendations to centrelink, and the recommendations of another psychologist working for centrelink, they still believe that I am able to work simply because I can talk coherently. If you're not psychotic or physically disabled... good luck.

SilentType

Banned
I talk fine, I just have a history of fleeing from jobs and/or school/college because of panic attacks. They know I'd do the same thing at another job. It only took me 6 months to get on SSI in the U.S. Didn't have to appeal or anything. Word, lol.

Peace

bony666

just wondering if anyone gets DSP?

I really don't think so , because our condition is so unknown and not considered at all as a handicap.
I personnally work in the healthcare sector, and I have never heard about any list mentionning SP as an entitlement for Pension;

But you can still check, I don't know about your country, may be your doctor can write something and certify that you need financial support from the government

Luke1993

I am on DLA, not for my SA but because of my hip and knee problems I inherited. I feel so....guilty that I claim this money, taken off of hard working tax payers but I cannot survive without it see...I've vowed to myself once I am able to hold down a job I will ask for the money to be stopped.

Noca

Banned
Im on the same here.....AISH (Assured Income for the Severely Handicapped)......took me 3yrs of trying to get on it for them to finally accept me!!! Stupid ass conservative Alberta!!!!

It took me a total of 3 days to get disability, from filling out the forms, to mailing them to get my cheque in the mail along with a letter stating I had been found to have a"significant disability" by a panel of review doctors.

Square_Eyes

My psychiatrist referred me for a DSA (Disabled Students Allowance) assessment which wasn't fun in the slightest but now I can claim back about £1500 a year on my rental costs and £100 a year on books relating to my course.