Difficulty finding a job

fadedteal

Since my education level is low (high-school drop-out), I have experienced difficulty finding a job I would like to do. Even a simple office clerk job requires form 5(grade 11) or higher education level.

I dropped out of high-school when I was 15 because I skipped too many classes due to not wanting to go to school because of depression, being bullied, and social phobia.

Most jobs that don't require high education are janitors or waitresses. TBH, I hate to clean up others' leftovers.:eek:h:

Up to now, I had only had one job but it was only for 2 months.

Does anyone here have similar experience due to low education qualifications? If you have a job, how did you manage to find one? Do you like your job?

mikebird

Banned
Thanks for putting it that way.

I made some achievements as planned. I was never ready for a social tensive pensive world. I made a debut in an office. That was a shock. I gave a 3rd finger to religion, marriage, natural breeding when I was 4. Umm.. divorce was rife. Growing up (not properly ) among 30-year-elder brothers' families, I swept aside the ideas of smiling and giggling, and niceties. I evolved on a motto of 'getting what you want', aiming to survive when my parents never touched each other at all or smiled, just arguing. I thought doing what you can do was enough, without having to deal with people.

I had everything in focus, not prepared for losing jobs because the employers are fragile and incapable of dealing with people like me. Then the extra social layer of recruitment to keep a person progressing in life using psychological rules.

I'd like to finish by saying that it is not fair to restrict a person from working, by dismissing them and then preventing them start the next job, unless that person had committed serious murder or tortured someone. I think it's a crime within itself to permit someone from work.

Richey

I think there may be a few issues here, in general. Based on perception.

You may believe that enrolling and attending classes is the only way to bring you up to speed again with education. Do that if you can/want to, but the other options available are acually really cool!

Online courses or distance education with a good nationally approved institute usually provide you with great reading materials and content to learn well. You can email tutors etc if you are stuck. But you can learn in your own time and at the end you can gain a certificate, in whatever you want to do.

The other option is to look at purchasing books/audiobooks related to reading, maths, organising yourself, finance, IT, whatever you want to learn about because you are interested. Not necessarily because it will lead to a job. But you can do that as well. For instance there are probably training books you can acquire in regards to anything. Especially on itunes. But there will be free material out there as well on wiki and libraries.

You just need to find a way to be excited about learning again. Why is it exciting? Because its useful to you. It provides you with more skills, the more you learn, the more you will know about things. Simple, but it's a nice alternative to procrastination and idelenss which leads to nothing, just empty space and lost time.

Once you find the subjects you want to learn though. Don't force it, but at the same time, its finding that excitement of learning that will help you find a groove. And that is what will assist you in any career.

Also try learning about assertiveness and living in the now. Look up the "Self Development" section on itunes, check out the audiobooks and the reading material. Because people can learn better through audio then reading, or with a mixture of both.

growing up some of the people around me seemed to snob the idea of reading or books. it's seen as unfashionable, but that would not be the case if you grow up in a really successful family circle that would encourage learning. I thinking growing up in lower-middle class areas, sometimes, can lead to lower to middle standards of success, simply from environment.

But in my opinion, what i know now is that learning and reading about stuff is the coolest thing you can do. Essentially we grow up with alot of bull**** guidance in my opinion.

Last edited:

rosewood

hi fadedteal,

don't give up... i almost flunked out of high school thanks to severe social phobia. i kept coming back, again and again, to college. some of my grades are atrocious. some are A's. :bigsmile:

i worked in the testing center at the last college i was at for a quarter. it was so exciting to see people come in to test for their GED. even when they didnt pass the director would just smile and shake her head and say to them, it's okay. now you KNOW what's on the test, come on back and take it again. we WANT you to SUCCEED. here are some testing materials you can quiz yourself with, and here are some online materials to practice on. she would remind them, don't give up, we are here for you. it was very inspiring to see them struggle and get it. :applause:

i don't know where you are, but there are lots of free online tests that can help you prepare, if that is something you want to do. :thumbup:

jaim38

^I second rosewood. Please get your GED soon. I hear some states are planning to drop it sometime in the future. After getting your GED, more opportunities will open up for you - college, vocational schools, and many more jobs.

LazyHermitCrab

Can you finish high school online? I would do that if you can. You should apply for jobs in person, not online, but do both. You could work at a handbag store or something and move your way up to assistant manager? I'm not sure where you live, so it's hard to suggest specific companies, but you could stock cards? Hope this helps a little.

SM1010

I've been jobless for over a year now, and I have a college degree. I can't even get $8 an hour general labor jobs.

I'm either overqualified or under experienced for everything. Plus this growing unemployment gap is starting to look worse and worse to employers too.

So yah, sorry I can't help lol. Just had to vent. I feel your pain though.